Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many, but not all leavers blame their perceived failings on the EU, and by extension, foreigners.

It's no coincidence that anti-immigrant ranting has become the most recurring feature of this and the other brexit threads.
My feeling is that immigration is usually raised by Remain supporters, often insisting that it's of vital import to Leavers.

I can't remember any rant about foreigners or immigrants by any Leave supporter.

Could of course be wrong.

My feeling is that immigration is usually raised by Remain supporters, often insisting that it's of vital import to Leavers.

I can't remember any rant about foreigners or immigrants by any Leave supporter.

You are.

It's made 'em bolder, he'll be up to waving his fists at a female bus driver next.
I imagine some pickled old alcoholic sat at home shouting at the moon, at his TV, and at ARRSE because a darky has been given their own 30 minute cooking show on BBC2.

Despite that she is undoubtedly a better British citizen than he is.

It's usually a bit more nuanced. Most Brexiteers agree the need for immigration; it's free movement we don't like.

Of course, some Remainers just like to shout 'racist', because it's easier for them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's a matter of some bemusement to me how our SPOTY 2018 (Designate) doesn't end up on ROPS on the grounds that he/she/it makes as much contribution to intelligent discussion on ARRSE as Attila the Hun made to European culture...

Wordsmith

(If I could SABC my own post, I'd do it to save @Baglock the trouble).
Now,now! Don't mock the afflicted.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I imagine some pickled old alcoholic sat at home shouting at the moon, at his TV, and at ARRSE because a darky has been given their own 30 minute cooking show on BBC2.

Despite that she is undoubtedly a better British citizen than he is.
Have you and Grac considered some professional help, AL?

1.png

Britain’s middle-class Brexit Anxiety Disorder

The problem you're experiencing isn't really Brexit or Brexiteers; two leading experts are saying you're mental.

Why are you linking GWTC when the post you refer to was by taffd? You really do need to calm down dearie and not get so het up! ;)
I think he posted the link to counter what I'd said. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to as the linked posts do not appear to be rants and did not support the notion that immigration was raised by a Leaver. Rather, the posts appear to be responses.

Could be wrong of course.

Have you and Grac considered some professional help, AL?

View attachment 347189

Britain’s middle-class Brexit Anxiety Disorder

The problem you're experiencing isn't really Brexit or Brexiteers; two leading experts are saying you're mental.

I hold two degrees in clinical psychology, and one publication in a clinical area (and two more in preparation), and two postdocs in clinical research - I think I've forgotten more than you learnt from the article, but thanks anyway mate.

Although check the bit where they claim many leave voters have been on the losing side all their lives - which is why you enjoy this so much - it's the first time you've ever actually won anything.

I hold two degrees in clinical psychology, and one publication in a clinical area (and two more in preparation), and two postdocs in clinical research - I think I've forgotten more than you learnt from the article, but thanks anyway mate.

Although check the bit where they claim many leave voters have been on the losing side all their lives - which is why you enjoy this so much - it's the first time you've ever actually won anything.
It's okay, it's not your fault. You can't help it. It's an affliction.

Status
Not open for further replies.