Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Unlike UK towns which make you want to wave the flag and jump for joy?

What with all those classy restaurants and all

Seen much worse than this in Barcelona....just at The back of the main police station where we were reporting getting pickpocketed
never seen a guy so drunk, grand slammed, and being totally ignored , must have been in a bad place he was drinking 60 cent cartons of wine, about 10 of them

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Which will result in Italy's debt - already over 130% of GDP - accelerating to an unsustainable level. Although it might require a recession to trigger the resulting crisis, we could be in for a 'too big to fail' eurozone country failing. And then royally fornicating the eurozone.

Big spending increases in public expenditure will be politically popular - they increase immediate prosperity, while the impact of such spending - the requirement for a major dose of austerity - is still several years down the road. As a result, the Italian government's short-term popularity is likely to increase in the wake of a spending splurge.

It is noticeable Brussels sn not picking a fight with the Italian government - all that can do is make an already bad situation worse. Unlike Greece - which was small enough to bully - an ill-disposed Italian government could cause real problems for Brussels.

Wordsmith
I can sense your glee from across the ocean.

Stop that at once. @Graculus makes some very valid points.

The U.K. economy has grown by the simple fact the population has boomed. (More people = higher GDP as witnessed by India and China’s huge GDPs.)

Obviously wage growth hasn’t kept up with it resulting in a fall in real wages and a reduction in productivity.

Now back in your box. These well educated Guardian reading remain supporters need the untermensch to provide their skinny moccha lates and clean the toilets.
If our GDP has grown due to population increase, doesn't that indicate that those extra people produce a positive economic effect?

If our GDP has grown due to population increase, doesn't that indicate that those extra people produce a positive economic effect?
Positive economic effect for who and how?

Our gDP has grown but our productivity and real term wages haven’t. The country may have more wealth, but that doesn’t mean individuals have more wealth. It just means the wealth is distributed amongst motte people. ( split £20 5 ways versus split £20 10 ways.)

Don’t get me wrong, immigration is good. It allows my company to keep wages low and I can increase my rent on my rental properties so I see a big benefit.

Talk about hypocrisy... to say nothing about being a well-hard Internet hitman.

Twonk.
Do they let you out for the weekend? Internet hardmen threaten people. Can you show the world threats I've made?

Seen much worse than this in Barcelona....just at The back of the main police station where we were reporting getting pickpocketed
never seen a guy so drunk, grand slammed, and being totally ignored , must have been in a bad place he was drinking 60 cent cartons of wine, about 10 of them
I would agree with that; I saw a bloke completely unresponsive on a public bench last Saturday opposite Chertsey War Memorial. At least Surrey Police and the ambulance service attended and rendered assistance. The worst public drunkeness I have seen was in Belarus, although Latvia has come a close second (locals not visitors).

Another BFO to Mrs May from the EU

EU rebuffs idea of escalating Brexit talks to leaders' summit

Obviously the EU officials don't see her as the Remainer she is! I suppose it will eventually drop in to her skull that the EU are looking for complete capitulation by the UK or hard brexit, they don't seem fussed either way.
they think that UK won't go for hard brexi T and will sheepishly return to the fold.

Aided and abetted by a remainer fifth column who are telling them that it is likely such a thing will happen. IIRC David told them remain would win 70/30... You'd think that they would have learnt about is by now.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Which will result in Italy's debt - already over 130% of GDP - accelerating to an unsustainable level. Although it might require a recession to trigger the resulting crisis, we could be in for a 'too big to fail' eurozone country failing. And then royally fornicating the eurozone.

Big spending increases in public expenditure will be politically popular - they increase immediate prosperity, while the impact of such spending - the requirement for a major dose of austerity - is still several years down the road. As a result, the Italian government's short-term popularity is likely to increase in the wake of a spending splurge.

It is noticeable Brussels sn not picking a fight with the Italian government - all that can do is make an already bad situation worse. Unlike Greece - which was small enough to bully - an ill-disposed Italian government could cause real problems for Brussels.

Wordsmith

It increases in public spending will be vital, the Morandi Bridge collapse isn’t the first, bridges fall down regularly in Italy, @ 2 a year, but with an estimated 700 bridges now in the spotlight, it’s going to need some properly massive spending on infrastructure to avert a rapidly accelerating problem. The construction rackets of the 60’s to 90’s are coming home to roost.
Italian voters will not look kindly on the EU spending €Billions building new bridges and roads in the east of the EU while Rome literally falls.

I can sense your glee from across the ocean.
Not glee. A eurozone crash will also significantly impact the UK - including major job losses, a rise in public expenditure and the need for further austerity.

But this particular train wreck is inevitable and entirely related to the rather megalomaniac attempts to move towards a 'United States of Europe' without fully thinking the project through or without getting the consent of the varying populations of Europe.

Hence, I'm happy that by the time this train wreck occurs, we will have distanced ourselves a little from the scene of the accident by Brexiting. However, we are not going to escape unscathed.

Wordsmith

Not glee. A eurozone crash will also significantly impact the UK - including major job losses, a rise in public expenditure and the need for further austerity.

But this particular train wreck is inevitable and entirely related to the rather megalomaniac attempts to move towards a 'United States of Europe' without fully thinking the project through or without getting the consent of the varying populations of Europe.

Hence, I'm happy that by the time this train wreck occurs, we will have distanced ourselves a little from the scene of the accident by Brexiting. However, we are not going to escape unscathed.

Wordsmith
You're not selling this particular snake oil very well.

So, just to recap. The same people the remain camp said wanted us to leave the EU but we now see don’t want us to leave are earning an extra 11% in their already high salary’s.

Do you ever get the feeling that the remain side don’t want to loose their money tree whilst continually using cheap labour to maximise profits?
Now that for me remains the issue and it's our definition of value that causes the problem. The CEO's do no add value in any significant respect to any product other than share price. Their earnings are directly stock market related in a sort of skewed game of snakes and ladders and in direct comparison to their ability to control and fix. That does not add value it makes profit, the value is notional

For 17 year old thinking about studying abroad, or the 21 year old who is looking for postgrad, on top of living expenses, of course it is, you silly sausage.

I mean, look how excited @PhotEx got because his wife got a pay increase of 4 quid a day - do you think someone with parents like that living hand to mouth each month could afford such fees?

You are thick. Please tell me you got a third, as it would give me faith in the.OU marking system.

Now AL the plain fact is you're in Rand D but that spends money like water but it depends on the ability to generate the cash to waste . It's success is in direct relation to your brainchild being adopted. That's where the profit is.

Now my wife looked after educational needs children on school runs so that the mummies and daddies can run around looking important. She was paid diddly squat but the point is she was a valuable asset and she was never paid in relation to her capability. Psychologist, problem solver.

I on the other hand directly put 1.5 Million into the treasury from various sources apart from my taxes whilst being paid 500K over 35 years. That's a consistent repay of 1.5 times my salary directly to the treasury and as far as I am concerned my collegues did the same. If you can manage 150% pa most companies would bite yer arm off. Priorities eh?

Italian voters will not look kindly on the EU spending €Billions building new bridges and roads in the east of the EU while Rome literally falls.
The EU is shifting public expenditure from Eastern to Southern Europe, thus antagonising the V4 group of countries, not to mention the other east European states. This transfer of EU funds from poor states to relatively wealthy states has nothing to do with need. It's about trying to improve the economies of the eurozone states most likely to run into trouble in the next recession.

Italy has a substantial amount of money to spend on infrastructure - unfortunately a lot of it is being siphoned away in corruption. There was a news report yesterday that said it would have been cheaper to replace the recently collapsed bridge than to continue to maintain it.

Wordsmith

You're not selling this particular snake oil very well.
Do you really think I want to see job losses in the UK as a result of a eurozone crash or more austerity?

I flag things before the event so I can say 'I told you so' after the event. I don't get everything right, but I've accurately forecast things like the rise of AfD in Germany, Syriza coming to power in Greece, and an anti-EU government gining power in Italy.

Wordsmith