Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Just to get it off my chest, I thought I would share with you my (unanswered!) letter that I wrote to my MP after Chequers:

I was born a Tory and I'll die a Tory but for some time now I have not had a proper Conservative Party to vote for. Major's closet wetness was bad enough but the rot really set in when Cameron prioritised buying Mercedes for foreign dictators over proper support for Defence (the manpower for which is still not properly funded).

Now we have the disgraceful and duplicit public presentation of a pseudo Brexit, which the small print shows is not a Brexit at all, which was fixed with Germany before even the Cabinet got a look at it. Please get it into your Social Democrat leader's head that support for her (and your) party still comes largely from people with a simple desire to get our sovereignty back - our island, our rules - not to continue indefinitely chained to the rotting undemocratic corpse of the EU, paying over the odds for our food and with our own money being used, for instance, to give away our manufacturing (like the Ford Transit site to Turkey), and with our Treasury being plundered for projects in which we have no say.

I could burden you with several more pages of gripes including our spineless failure to deport foreign criminals but this will have to do for now.

Mrs S also wrote to him in more temperate terms and received a wishy washy boiler plate reply which contained a gem to the effect that it isn't over yet and Chequers is a 'basis for further negotiations', which to me means further supine capitulation.
I hope it was in green ink. That's when they know you're serious.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If people are worried about the color of a piece of paper, they have bigger issues.
It's only the Remainers who keep bringing up the colour of the passport!

It's only the Remainers who keep bringing up the colour of the passport!

I would agree with you in the main, but one idiot in particular did make it a central point - Andrew Rosindell. Although he's a special kind of half-wit.

But otherwise I agree Blue passports are not really anything I've heard people who want to leave mention.

I would agree with you in the main, but one idiot in particular did make it a central point - Andrew Rosindell. Although he's a special kind of half-wit.

But otherwise I agree Blue passports are not really anything I've heard people who want to leave mention.
Try looking back at the comments pages of the DM (other sources are available) following the referendum, it was quite the issue for many leavers.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Try looking back at the comments pages of the DM (other sources are available) following the referendum, it was quite the issue for many leavers.
DM you say? How about you quantify "many" please. Then give that as a % against the 17,410,742 Leave voters.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Really? I don’t know a single Brexit voter who even gave it a thought. It’s been a proper frothing cause Celebre for Remainers though.

Jesus wept. Are you two married? Living in sin? Just shagging each other?
They make a great tag team.
Wonder which one is Giant Haystacks and which one is Big Daddy:?

Stand by. I believe it may have been @skid2 eho claimed that high wages are bad as it will create inflation
Google tells me that if wages keep pace with inflation, then they will have a minimum effect on inflation. A slight rise above, and there'll be a slight increase in our coffee and pret.

The Guardian tells me (and I love the anti-Brexit slant in the headline), that wages will catch up with inflation shortly.

1b.png

Just not in 'Brexit-hit construction'.

But all us Leave voters seem to have helped out all the other sectors; so well done all, but a bit more effort on the construction bit eh?

It needs to be a thick-covered - hard - one; just like they used to be.

So we can use it to bash Johnny Forriner out of the way in the immigration queues.

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
It needs to be a thick-covered - hard - one; just like they used to be.

So we can use it to bash Johnny Forriner out of the way in the immigration queues.
Why would you need to stand in an immigration queue? I thought all you lot were staying put and not mixing with Johnny Forriner anyway.
(Except for @PhotEx , of course, who'll be driving across to join in with all the Germans at Lago di Garda (or Lagio di Garda as he put it)).

Why would you need to stand in an immigration queue? I thought all you lot were staying put and not mixing with Johnny Forriner anyway.
(Except for @PhotEx , of course, who'll be driving across to join in with all the Germans at Lago di Garda (or Lagio di Garda as he put it)).

PhotEx was saying his wife just got a pay rise of fifty pence an hour. No doubt they'll be travelling abroad all the time now. Maybe he could even give back his tax payer funded car.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
The pikey mick

You and your girly friend keep telling me you're following me. I really don't get it, you weren't in the pub, were you hiding in the bushes, giggling and wetting yourselves? There's something seriously wrong with the pair of you.