• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Every person (bar one)of my acquaintance who voted to leave is of the opinion that they’ve been lied to, misinformed and had they known this was going to go so badly. They wouldn’t have bothered voting like they usually don’t.
Funny.

Everybody I speak to is confused as to why things aren’t as bad as the Blair and co are getting their friends in the media are making it out to be.

so old enough to be putting their own sh*t in a sock...

it all gets very emotional about this sort of stuff but unless you're an Afghan refugee 30 isn't a child. And you just have to engage with the relevant authorities in a timely manner.
You certainly seem to have a bee in your hat about what was initially, a bit of info to inform the debate about how Brexit might affect actual people,

Don't understand why you're thinking that they don't 'have their shit in a sock' already or are somehow unaware of exactly what shit they need to have in their socks.

They're simply a family where the children, due to changes in Spanish law at the time of their births, happen to have different nationalities. Had it not been for Brexit, things would go on normally with no dramas. They might anyway.

But Brexit is about to happen and may affect them, should Spanish law change yet again.

It's absolutely nothing to do with having shit in a sock.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Jesus H Christ.

You still don't get the distinction between a trade deal (a commercial transaction between two companies) and a trade agreement - a legally binding agreement on a trade framework between two nation states - do you?

Wordsmith
Does that mean it’s not legally binding if it’s carried out between two companies.

And can it be only legally binding if officially sanctioned at government level.

I’m sorry, you think we’ve got better, our productivity has improve.
Lowest unemployment rate and still a miserablely low tax take.

UK productivity back below 2007 level

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Better

Edit FT, UK Growth drops sharply in first 3 months of 2018’
So you don't understand how high migration - a glut of cheap workers - reduces productivity?

Reduce the supply and business has to invest in tech, which increases productivity. For example one agricultural machine will do the work of 20 crop pickers; maybe more.

It's like you want the working classes to continue living with low wages and high housing costs.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D
hg.JPG

No, because the highest petrol has ever been, according the RAC and the AA, has been 1.42.
And the fact that oil is priced in dollars and that the pound has dropped some 19 cents since 2016 may have something to do with the increase over the last 2 years.

As a costa expat, you naturally wouldn't be aware that premium petrol peaked at 178 in the UK during one of the assorted inter gulf oil spats.

You could spare a thought for eagle eyed seekers of racism here. From the 60s onwards productivity has always been a British bugbear. Not as efficient as our German friends but we’ve been outdone in the productivity stakes by the French and equalled by the Italians.

Even our betters agree with it
Tory MPs criticise 'idle workers'
Talking rot again. The 60’s saw the tail end of the wars end resolve that every serviceman should have his old job back, except it got a bit confused with women’s issues. Our Productivity was low compared to the continent because we didn’t sell much there, we sold to the commonwealth and we exported rather than consumed. So steel shortages, lack of investment , plus the migration of the £10 poms , not quite so black and white. Remember it was Wilson who dropped the Pound to two dollars.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You don't understand what HMG classes as a bilateral, do you? ^^
Here we go again with AP:rolleyes:

If you feel that someone does not know something or other, why not give the explanation rather than a snooty "You just don't understand"? Are you a woman as that would explain why you do that?

No doubt I will get another"I'm superior to you" type of response now.

There is one thing about you though, you live up to your username and avatar very well :p

For once (shock, horror) I agree with you.
The "Bremain in Spain" lot are constantly writing to the local papers about a second referendum and get shot down in flames most of the time.

They even turned up at a seminar run by the British Consulate and local politicians screaming for a second referendum. They seemed a bit upset when I mentioned there shouldn't be a second referendum and the first one should stand as that is what was voted for. .

Now, if they concentrated on getting a better deal out of Brexit I could see a point in it but a second referendum is not on the cards and should be confined to the dustbin.

Loads of them are typical Brits and don't think the rules of the country they live in apply to them. At least a dozen hadn't even applied for residency and were a bit bemused when the Consulate chappy told them the only chance they had of remaining was by becoming legal.

I don't think one of the dozen or so could even say anything more than hello or ask for a large beer in Spanish either.

Certainly, when the local mayor addressed the meeting in Spanish, they all shuffled their feet and it was obvious they hadn't a clue what he was saying even though he was just saying welcome and we hope nothing changes for you but make sure you are legal with driving licences, residency and so on.

Idiots on both sides, I'm afraid.
That chimes with a few experiences I ‘ve had with BRIT Spanish residents

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Definitely. Conte is blaming that and saying they need to ignore EU budgets (eurozone have to clear their budgets with the EU before their own parliament does) and go on an infrastructure upgrade spending spree.
Which will result in Italy's debt - already over 130% of GDP - accelerating to an unsustainable level. Although it might require a recession to trigger the resulting crisis, we could be in for a 'too big to fail' eurozone country failing. And then royally fornicating the eurozone.

Big spending increases in public expenditure will be politically popular - they increase immediate prosperity, while the impact of such spending - the requirement for a major dose of austerity - is still several years down the road. As a result, the Italian government's short-term popularity is likely to increase in the wake of a spending splurge.

It is noticeable Brussels sn not picking a fight with the Italian government - all that can do is make an already bad situation worse. Unlike Greece - which was small enough to bully - an ill-disposed Italian government could cause real problems for Brussels.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For once (shock, horror) I agree with you.
The "Bremain in Spain" lot are constantly writing to the local papers about a second referendum and get shot down in flames most of the time.

They even turned up at a seminar run by the British Consulate and local politicians screaming for a second referendum. They seemed a bit upset when I mentioned there shouldn't be a second referendum and the first one should stand as that is what was voted for. .

Now, if they concentrated on getting a better deal out of Brexit I could see a point in it but a second referendum is not on the cards and should be confined to the dustbin.

Loads of them are typical Brits and don't think the rules of the country they live in apply to them. At least a dozen hadn't even applied for residency and were a bit bemused when the Consulate chappy told them the only chance they had of remaining was by becoming legal.

I don't think one of the dozen or so could even say anything more than hello or ask for a large beer in Spanish either.

Certainly, when the local mayor addressed the meeting in Spanish, they all shuffled their feet and it was obvious they hadn't a clue what he was saying even though he was just saying welcome and we hope nothing changes for you but make sure you are legal with driving licences, residency and so on.

Idiots on both sides, I'm afraid.
To be fair, that is the reason so many give for curbside in immigration, they don't want to integrate, yet when Brits do the same abroad then the locals seem to be to blame! Not saying all as many who decide to move decide on the basis that they are moving to a foreign country so let's learn their language and ways. It is the ones who try to export with them the very bit of Britain that they are leaving behind.

Nowt as strange as folk!