Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Remember when unleaded hit 178p a litre and the experts were widely predicting 200p a litre
Would be the new normal?
No, because the highest petrol has ever been, according the RAC and the AA, has been 1.42.
And the fact that oil is priced in dollars and that the pound has dropped some 19 cents since 2016 may have something to do with the increase over the last 2 years.

Are we going to start trading in human beings now? I thought there were anti slavery laws/policies/agreements which forbade this!
semantics dear boy, we've always traded in humans, just depends how you dress it up, now they're reserved occupations., Tier 1, 2 etc and there's a guaranteed salary and a profit for someone else. Britain has always had a problem, the natives are an unruly lot. Just so long as the cavalcade of people feel they're achieving something. Far better to have a more biddable low cost population. wage Slavery? who coined the term first ?Cicero, I think

Yes India who wants Free moment with UK as part of any trade deal....
s'far as I know they've had it for years all they want to do is get rid of the visa bit. After all mama and grandpa need to spend their holidays here, and then forget to go home, Uncle needs cheap Labour for the building business and every now and then they have to go home for weddings. It's all terribly inconvenient to have to abide by visa rules.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
they're almost as thick as you...

The government is resisting the action on the grounds that it is out of time and that a similar challenge has already been dismissed.
This is amusing...

“Many people across the EU, myself included, are reliant on bestowed rights to live their daily lives; there must be zero tolerance when it comes to cheating, misrepresentation and non-disclosure of information.”

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Productivity has been a 'perennial UK weakness for many decades' because we've had high immigration for many decades.

Reduce the flow, tighten the labour market, and productivity will increase.
You could spare a thought for eagle eyed seekers of racism here. From the 60s onwards productivity has always been a British bugbear. Not as efficient as our German friends but we’ve been outdone in the productivity stakes by the French and equalled by the Italians.

Even our betters agree with it
Tory MPs criticise 'idle workers'

Groan.

We can sign company to company sales orders - no member state can sign bilateral trade agreements while still in the EU.

The China/Germany deals appear to be being carried out under WTO rules - I can't find any evidence of an EU/China trade agreement.

China-EU | bilaterals.org

You are as confused as @Alan Partridge

Wordsmith
True to form, you persist in selling half truths and misinformation to lure the intellectually unwary into your normal round of Brexit lies. This is completely standard for the Leave side, so not unexpected. =-D

Under Goverment policy, all country-to-county deals are classed as bilaterals, regardless of the framework used, be that WTO or EU. This has been the case for years; here's an FCO note from 2014 talking about bilateral trade:

Untitled.png

Here's the FCO pushing bilaterals in Uganda, before even the EU-EAC deal was even signed.

UK Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy visits Uganda

It's almost like being part of the EU hasn't hamstrung us in trading with the rest of the world in any way at all, isn't it?

You've also conveniently neglected to note that bilateral deals can be legally made outside of the EU CCP - such as our trade with Middle Eastern countries, which you probably know (yet probably "forget" to tell other people) is not within the EU's remit.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...rity_export_statistics_2016_Final_Version.pdf

We've always had the ability to deal bilaterally.

You should probably sit back down before you collapse under the weight of your own empty rhetoric.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
True to form, you persist in selling half truths and misinformation to lure the intellectually unwary into your normal round of Brexit lies. This is completely standard for the Leave side, so not unexpected. =-D

Under Goverment policy, all country-to-county deals are classed as bilaterals, regardless of the framework used, be that WTO or EU. This has been the case for years; here's an FCO note from 2014 talking about bilateral trade:

View attachment 346323

Here's the FCO pushing bilaterals in Uganda, before even the EU-EAC deal was even signed.

UK Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy visits Uganda

It's almost like being part of the EU hasn't hamstrung us in trading with the rest of the world in any way at all, isn't it?

You've also conveniently neglected to note that bilateral deals can be legally made outside of the EU CCP - such as our trade with Middle Eastern countries, which you probably know (yet probably "forget" to tell other people) is not within the EU's remit.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...rity_export_statistics_2016_Final_Version.pdf

We've always had the ability to deal bilaterally.

You should probably sit back down before you collapse under the weight of your own empty rhetoric.
Jesus H Christ.

You still don't get the distinction between a trade deal (a commercial transaction between two companies) and a trade agreement - a legally binding agreement on a trade framework between two nation states - do you?

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Every person (bar one) of my acquaintance who voted to remain is of the opinion that the UK should stop prevaricating and just get on with leaving.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Every person (bar one)of my acquaintance who voted to leave is of the opinion that they’ve been lied to, misinformed and had they known this was going to go so badly. They wouldn’t have bothered voting like they usually don’t.

You could spare a thought for eagle eyed seekers of racism here. From the 60s onwards productivity has always been a British bugbear. Not as efficient as our German friends but we’ve been outdone in the productivity stakes by the French and equalled by the Italians.

Even our betters agree with it
Tory MPs criticise 'idle workers'
A story from 2012 that says Tory MPs criticise idle workers?

Hahahahahaha.

they're almost as thick as you...

This is amusing...
For once (shock, horror) I agree with you.
The "Bremain in Spain" lot are constantly writing to the local papers about a second referendum and get shot down in flames most of the time.

They even turned up at a seminar run by the British Consulate and local politicians screaming for a second referendum. They seemed a bit upset when I mentioned there shouldn't be a second referendum and the first one should stand as that is what was voted for. .

Now, if they concentrated on getting a better deal out of Brexit I could see a point in it but a second referendum is not on the cards and should be confined to the dustbin.

Loads of them are typical Brits and don't think the rules of the country they live in apply to them. At least a dozen hadn't even applied for residency and were a bit bemused when the Consulate chappy told them the only chance they had of remaining was by becoming legal.

I don't think one of the dozen or so could even say anything more than hello or ask for a large beer in Spanish either.

Certainly, when the local mayor addressed the meeting in Spanish, they all shuffled their feet and it was obvious they hadn't a clue what he was saying even though he was just saying welcome and we hope nothing changes for you but make sure you are legal with driving licences, residency and so on.

Idiots on both sides, I'm afraid.