Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Are we going to start trading in human beings now? I thought there were anti slavery laws/policies/agreements which forbade this!

Immigration is not trade and should not be allowed in to the trade negotiations. Genuine question, are there any other countries in the world where the immigration policy of either party is included in trade deals?

Do you just float through life without paying attention to anything? India have already said the UK has to be prepared to make immigration easier for Indians to come here and work.

No! It may just be the media making louder noises but I have not heard people desparately for yet another referendum! Maybe you should not believe all you read in the Remain press.
We've even had a GE since the referendum where the only party that campaigned to Remain, the Lib Dems, performed abysmally.

How many goes do these Remainers want?

Do you just float through life without paying attention to anything? India have already said the UK has to be prepared to make immigration easier for Indians to come here and work.
On a visa, with their own medical insurance, with no access to public funds; bring 'em on.

Maybe chuck in an English test too. I've friends off to Canada; they've had to sit a French test.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We've even had a GE since the referendum where the only party that campaigned to Remain, the Lib Dems, performed abysmally.

How many goes do these Remainers want?
As many as it takes them to win - it is the EUBorg way!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Every person (bar one) of my acquaintance who voted to remain is of the opinion that the UK should stop prevaricating and just get on with leaving.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
That seems to be how I hear things, although most people are pissed off with brexit and just change the subject now. Most just want to see the back of it.

On a visa, with their own medical insurance, with no access to public funds; bring 'em on.

Maybe chuck in an English test too. I've friends off to Canada; they've had to sit a French test.
They specifically called for immigration to be easier - if we already have the above things in place, I would assume making immigration easier would involve loosening those things?

How do you lose something you never had?

At least all is good in the Eurozone.

Terms of Service Violation

Meanwhile in the UK the stock market is up since Brexit was announced and unemployment is down.
So effin what? By the stock market I assume you mean the FTSE 100 which is now 80% foreign owned and, no, it's not up if you compare the amount it lost earlier.
Whereas the FTSE 250 which better reflects the UK companies is quite a bit down over the last month, let alone the 4 or 5 hours you are referring to.
And picking Germany as being "down" to 0,3% growth (0.1% more than UK in the last quarter so sort of averages out) when you could have quoted Spain's GDP growth for the same quarter as 0.6% (down from 0.7% in the previous quarter).
I was on about the what's happened in the last 2 and a half years, not this effin' week.
Like CPI (which is a made up by the Government index to keep pensions low) at 2.3% when the real inflation rate (RPI, the one that includes rents, council tax and other things that people actually have to pay) at over 3%.

You can continue sticking your fingers in your ears, doing the nyah, nyah we're better today than that other EU country but it doesn't get over the fact that the pound has dropped, inflation is up, productivity is down and, unless the UK comes up with a deal with the EU, it's going to get worse.
(If @Wordsmith can use his crystal ball then I can do the same).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So effin what? By the stock market I assume you mean the FTSE 100 which is now 80% foreign owned and, no, it's not up if you compare the amount it lost earlier.
Whereas the FTSE 250 which better reflects the UK companies is quite a bit down over the last month, let alone the 4 or 5 hours you are referring to.
And picking Germany as being "down" to 0,3% growth (0.1% more than UK in the last quarter so sort of averages out) when you could have quoted Spain's GDP growth for the same quarter as 0.6% (down from 0.7% in the previous quarter).
I was on about the what's happened in the last 2 and a half years, not this effin' week.
Like CPI (which is a made up by the Government index to keep pensions low) at 2.3% when the real inflation rate (RPI, the one that includes rents, council tax and other things that people actually have to pay) at over 3%.

You can continue sticking your fingers in your ears, doing the nyah, nyah we're better today than that other EU country but it doesn't get over the fact that the pound has dropped, inflation is up, productivity is down and, unless the UK comes up with a deal with the EU, it's going to get worse.
Calm down, you are not doing your blood pressure any favours!

It looks like Italy's Genoa disaster is going to put more pressure on the eurozone. The populist PM recons years of austerity means the infrastructure needs cash thrown at it and they should ignore EU agreed budgets and get spending.

Then there's the problem in Turkey.

And Brexit.

It's not going well for them.

That will be the FTSE 250 that is much higher than it was when we announced we are leaving the EU? That FTSE 250?

Spain you say? Is that the country that has 15+% unemployment?

In the last 2 and half years the FTSE 100 AND FTSE 250 have gone up. In the last 2 and half years the unemployment in the UK has gone to its lowest in decades. Whose got their fingers in their ears?

If I remember correctly, aren't you an ex pat living in Spain? Despite the fact that country is deeply in the shit, you are still pro EU, almost as if it would personally benefit you if we stayed in the EU.

That will be the FTSE 250 that is much higher than it was when we announced we are leaving the EU? That FTSE 250?

Spain you say? Is that the country that has 15+% unemployment?

In the last 2 and half years the FTSE 100 AND FTSE 250 have gone up. In the last 2 and half years the unemployment in the UK has gone to its lowest in decades. Whose got their fingers in their ears?

If I remember correctly, aren't you an ex pat living in Spain? Despite the fact that country is deeply in the shit, you are still pro EU, almost as if it would personally benefit you if we stayed in the EU.

Spanish costa Expats, constantly running down the country they ran away from, furiously clinging on to their UK pensions and benefits.

Productivity has been a 'perennial UK weakness for many decades' because we've had high immigration for many decades.

Reduce the flow, tighten the labour market, and productivity will increase.
Poor productivity has been an EU wide issue.
Really? You have your fingers in your ears yet again?
The pound has dropped significantly. Far more than your "overvalued" mantra.
Imports have become more expensive which has significantly increased inflation in UK in case you haven't noticed. And if you haven't then you really are ignoring the truth.
UK has lost, yes lost, some 2% of predicted growth. You harp on about the UK GDP being so good, which it bloody well isn't, when it could have been so much better. That 2% results in each family being £900 a year worse off than before the British public had a brain fart.
That 2% also means the economy is around £40 bn lower that it should have been which rather wipes out the amount the UK was paying the EU. Because of this the loss of tax revenue is estimated at some £15 billion or around £300 million a week (getting close to your famous bus).
And we haven't even bloody well left yet!
Just keep ignoring reality and making things up. Then have a look around and see what has actually happened.

(Figures from BoE, Statistica and UK Business Insider).
the £ was significantly over valued.

How can we loose ‘predicted’ growth? It may have missed you by but the whole of Europe appears to not be meeting GDP growth forecast.....yet Quelle surprise, the U.K. always seems to be revised up.

My biggest hit in the pocket is the increase in fuel Prices. That doesn’t appear to have been mentioned once since this debate. Not once.

Every person (bar one) of my acquaintance who voted to remain is of the opinion that the UK should stop prevaricating and just get on with leaving.
That would need the ERG to stop thinking it is responsible for policy.

That would need the ERG to stop thinking it is responsible for policy.
Indeed - no argument with that. However, it also needs certain elements on the other side of the 'debate' to STFU in public too. It gives a bad impression of UK PLC currently. I've said it before that a National Government to steer the UK through this might have been more effective. Still, we are where we are; but for good or ill, life goes on.