Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Upon reflection l realize the question was unnecessary - Only the most jingoistic and ill-conceived approach would get your approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really. How about being a grown up and accepting the need to get on with it and stop complaining? There are enough problems to change into opportunities without adding the difficulty of a divided nation airing its differences infront of its rivals.

Last edited:
Brexit is a spectrum of incompatible promises, from Hard Brexit to BINO and everything in between. Which one should the CS have planned for?
It's called contingency planning and is a standard procedure. Had Call Me Dave done his job correctly, they would have gamed several outcomes for the Brexit negotiations. They should then have provided an outline plan for each contingency.

Tell me - have you ever managed anything? Your responses indicate minimal management skills.

Wordsmith

But the brexiters in the most disadvantaged areas were holding Europe accountable for the failings of Westminster.

Do you honestly think the North and Wales s would have got that money and inward investment if it was coming out of London.
It wouldn't have got past the Watford gap

We could always hold our government responsible. Look at brexit, it's made Corbyn electable.
Who'd a thought it.
You re not having that one, the SNP in principle have been the biggest bleaters of the W/M failure despite the regular payments being made by the Treasury based on pre devolution figures that remains a bone of contention. Of course Corbyn is electable. Labour bribes well. The point is the Grants from the EU come from us first and are then sent back and a slice of it never gets past Dover, let alone the Watford Gap

I would have voted Hard Remain.

A 50% +1 Vote would mean the whole country falls behind a diverse Schengen-Euro-Republican-EU Superstate, with Brussels as it’s capital and the EU army replacing NATO. London would be the main city of the ‘Angleterre’ Department. The Blue and Gold flag would be flying from the local Westminster Mairie.

Just imagine the DM headlines...

If that sounds like a cuntish way to interpret a narrow majority, that may or may not still exist today, perhaps you ought to question your own extremist viewpoint

It sounds like a recipe for a more hard line EU independence approach, one that could, under the wrong circumstances, have kinetic elements.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's called contingency planning and is a standard procedure. Had Call Me Dave done his job correctly, they would have gamed several outcomes for the Brexit negotiations. They should then have provided an outline plan for each contingency.

Tell me - have you ever managed anything? Your responses indicate minimal management skills.

Wordsmith

This his childlike view is symptomatic of so many Remainers.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
More ranting about wage depression in the UK due to EU workers.

How can brexiteers be both champions of all out competitive free market economics, yet at the same time wanting to shut the door to foreign labour.

These two positions are contradictory, much like a lot of brexiteer rhetoric.

You can't be champion of free trade whilst running a protectionist labour market

“Please explain how keeping EU law on the statutes books after Brexit and remaining within the jurisdiction of the ECJ after Brexit is not erosion of sovereignty.”
Right Murder is an offence in most countries so must presumably be dealt with by the EUroPol, funny that no EUroPol stations here, any countries where there are any? National legal niceties apply. If some EU laws happen to co-incide with ours then they remain on the books, some have merely upgraded others that were already on ours. Some will no longer be applicable and it does not mean that the ECJ will have right of oversight. Courts may have to take previous rulings of the ECJ into account.

A 50% +1 Vote would mean the whole country falls behind a diverse Schengen-Euro-Republican-EU Superstate, with Brussels as it’s capital and the EU army replacing NATO. London would be the main city of the ‘Angleterre’ Department. The Blue and Gold flag would be flying from the local Westminster Mairie.
we know that. Why do you think so many folk voted leave? Schengen, euro, eudeffor, juncke r as the head of state. Nien merci.

More ranting about wage depression in the UK due to EU workers.

How can brexiteers be both champions of all out competitive free market economics, yet at the same time wanting to shut the door to foreign labour.

These two positions are contradictory, much like a lot of brexiteer rhetoric.

You can't be champion of free trade whilst running a protectionist labour market
if you weren't so thick you'd understand that nobody (unless they're as dense as you) is advocating shutting the door to foreign labour. The Labour we need will still be able to come here.

can you explain the connection between freedom to trade and freedom of movement? Who says we can't have one without the other? In your own time I understand you're thick as f*ck.

I don’t recall an option saying “3 - disengage from every single EU institution and agreement without having a alternative in place”

but they're not EU institutions, they are European national institutions where the EU has pocked it's nose in and no one has called for leaving Europe, we're leaving the EU institution.

“Please explain how keeping EU law on the statutes books after Brexit and remaining within the jurisdiction of the ECJ after Brexit is not erosion of sovereignty.”

......Was your ORIGINAL question

There is no ‘erosion of sovereignty’ if nothing changes after March 2019. Because with BINO, erm...nothing changes ...

Existing areas of ECJ competence will remain as before whilst ‘the will of the people’ is fully respected.

Just not your extreme version.

ecj competence?

if we take all eu laws into the books post brexit, it's no big deal. We'll get rid as needed, when needed.

ecj competence?

if we take all eu laws into the books post brexit, it's no big deal. We'll get rid as needed, when needed.
It is a big deal if the Brexit deal states that we have no right to remove the agreed portions of EU law after Brexit.

Which is what May appeared prepared to sign up to - together with leaving the ECJ to rule on the interpretation of those laws..

Wordsmith