Brexit Phase Two - Trade

And that's before the eurozone gets into trouble when the next recession rolls along.

We may get a trailer for that shortly. The Turkish economy is rapidly heading down the sh*tter.

Turkey on verge of economic crisis as lira hits record low

An economic crisis in Turkey might spread into neighbouring countries. Probably not Greece, given the historic antagonism, but a failing bank or two in other neighbouring EU countries is possible. Then we'll find out how well the ECB has supervised Europe's banks.

Wordsmith

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Remember that ‘like much of the rest of the world does’ was shown to be a lie?
Guess not if you are repeating it.

Only Mauritania trades only WTO rules.

4 million subsistence goat herders is your economic model.

This should be highly entertaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not really. We'll square it all away toot sweet. Once the weaker members of our nation grasp the fact that we're departing.

To be more precise: "so trade under WTO rules like much of the rest of the world already does".

As pointed out before, the single market is a protectionist racket. Efficient economies don't require 20% import tariffs to prevent the loss of business to more efficient manufacturers elsewhere in the world.

Wordsmith
Before coming out and repeating a statement made by Richard Tice of the pro-Leave campaign, you should really do a little bit of research.
"so trade under WTO rules like much of the rest of the world already does" is an out and out lie.
As @swissian pointed out, Mauritania is the only country in the world that trades solely under WTO rules and even they get preferential, non-tariff trade with the EU as a form of foreign aid.

Excuse the Twitter feed, Bloombergs latest complete with sense of humour (yes,they have one)

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I'm glad brexit still isn't about immigration and foreigners
I'm glad you're still following me. What's it like, being a hero worshipper?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Wild speculation based on what exactly?
Multiple reports in different newspapers saying the Turkish economy is at risk of collapse.

And past experience suggests that a banking collapse (as many newspapers are suggesting) will not be confined to Turkey. Many foreign banks will have investments in Turkey - many of which will lose substantial amounts of money.

But apart from the widespread newspaper reports and past precedents, its wild speculation.

Wordsmith

Multiple reports in different newspapers saying the Turkish economy is at risk of collapse.

And past experience suggests that a banking collapse (as many newspapers are suggesting) will not be confined to Turkey. Many foreign banks will have investments in Turkey - many of which will lose substantial amounts of money.

But apart from the widespread newspaper reports and past precedents, its wild speculation.

Wordsmith
They're belters to the man...or @Baglock

You look a bit foolish talking about fast-growing economies being ’destroyed’ , no?

Newly-rich Borat will have money to buy shiny things which benefits everyone who can easily sells things into Romania. (Less so it you are a third country though)

Borat can only buy the shiny things because other countries have given him free £kerching and exported their jobs there.

FFS!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
When did Turkey join the EU?
Anyone got a brexit bonus yet. Something the country can get behind?
No.

As we seem to have a lot of WTO experts in, so what's the story?
1 WTO, we crash out and away we go.
Or
2 WTO, look at what those intransigent Europeans made us do.
Which one is it?

When did Turkey join the EU?
Anyone got a brexit bonus yet. Something the country can get behind?
No.

As we seem to have a lot of WTO experts in, so what's the story?
1 WTO, we crash out and away we go.
Or
2 WTO, look at what those intransigent Europeans made us do.
Which one is it?
Well there’s this one.

Brexit Britain Beating Eurozone Growth -

You look a bit foolish talking about fast-growing economies being ’destroyed’ , no?

Newly-rich Borat will have money to buy shiny things which benefits everyone who can easily sells things into Romania. (Less so it you are a third country though)

Newly rich Borat will be over here, nicking what he can to flog in the markets, from experience. I've had jobs from potentially newly rich Borats. They can be fun

You do realise straws, no matter how many you clutch, will not keep your UK remaining in EUtopia dream afloat.
I've said several times I'm happy with pretending to leave. It's all rather pointless and expensive, but there you go.

Immigration, regardless of origin, race or religion will be less of a problem for HMG if they put infrastructure in place to minimise the negative impact on communities.

It's no good lecturing folk on the benefits to the economy if their lives take a turn for the worst through the squeeze on public services, housing, health and education.

To call people racist when they complain about the negatives they experience is simply fomenting the conditions which led to many I know voting for Brexit.
Obviously, though that failure is hardly the fault of Brussels or the rest of the EU.

i don't know, could it be your sense of bereavement evident in your posts? Or that you've created a shrine to our leaving in your garden complete with teddies and flags. And you pay @Baglock to wail and thrash around it, in sack cloth and ashes. Gnashing his teeth and tearing his sack cloth. Powerful stuff. How's the plan to add a tv showing a loop of @Brotherton Lad saying 'Sorry'?
Your first three words cover it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 189
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22