• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone, regardless of how they voted, who thinks May is playing a blinder needs a good slap.
In comparison to the Brexiters............she's doing great. Her still being in her post, unlike the ex Foreign Minister and boss of DExEU.

There's another 8 brexiter s gone who's names I needn't trouble you with. If Mordaunt and McVey go. That's a dozen brexiters shown the door.
She doesn't seem to be doing too badly.

It’s easier than you think. Especially if you already have a mate with a U.K. address. No one checks who acutually physically lives where, you just need utility bills as proof of address.
'Benefits' are often considered as cash paid when not in work, or payments for housing.

The 'benefits' often overlooked include free healthcare - no credit/debit card machines at any A&E I know of.

Education - regardless of how many in your brood and language spoken, they're absorbed into free, mainstream education (and free scran). The curriculum will be suspended to teach English to the multitude of tongues in class. Tough shit if your teenage kid doesn't need to learn basic English (although many natives could do with improvement).

Two examples of 'benefits' a civilised and compassionate society should gift the less fortunate, but if no extra provision is made and folk face longer waiting times for medical treatment, or their kids are in a class speaking a dozen or more different languages and miss out on course work and fail to score the grades they need, then that frustration will, at best, manifest itself at the elections, ushering in more extreme politicians, or at worst, social disorder.

Ignoring the issues and dismissing the people as racist hasn't been too successful so far.

In comparison to the Brexiters............she's doing great. Her still being in her post, unlike the ex Foreign Minister and boss of DExEU.

There's another 8 brexiter s gone who's names I needn't trouble you with. If Mordaunt and McVey go. That's a dozen brexiters shown the door.
She doesn't seem to be doing too badly.
What a low barrier you set.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s easier than you think. Especially if you already have a mate with a U.K. address. No one checks who acutually physically lives where, you just need utility bills as proof of address.

And of course local councils have neither the money or the manpower to check it all out.

But if you had a team of investigators who knew what they were doing. They could move in, check and save the local and national purse a fortune. Not to mention freeing up some houses.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
And that's before the eurozone gets into trouble when the next recession rolls along.

We may get a trailer for that shortly. The Turkish economy is rapidly heading down the sh*tter.

Turkey on verge of economic crisis as lira hits record low
Is Turkey heading for an economic crisis?

Turkey could be on the brink of an economic crisis after the lira hit a new record low. The lira stood at 5.75 against the dollar on Friday morning, weakening even further from Thursday’s 5.55. Credit rating agency Fitch said Turkey “needs to halt the sharp slide of the lira quickly”. It has lost about 30 per cent of its value against the dollar since the New Year.
An economic crisis in Turkey might spread into neighbouring countries. Probably not Greece, given the historic antagonism, but a failing bank or two in other neighbouring EU countries is possible. Then we'll find out how well the ECB has supervised Europe's banks.

Wordsmith

And if Brexit Mk2 was still for leaving though with a more reduced majority, wouldn't that give the Remoaners another reason for a further referendum?
The EU are not negotiating, they are simply placing barriers in front of any talks just hoping that the UK will fold. They haven't learned (twice) that we Brits don't fold too easily, only the fifth column want to surrender.
As said if you ignore history it tends to repeat itself. :cool:
Three times.

Continental System - Wikipedia

Let’s see if @Graculus, @Baglock and our resident holocaust denier @Higgs_bosun have anything to say.

Obviously @Graculus will claim it’s only because we’re in the EU that it’s so high.

On a different note, I am surprised that it’s as high as it is with the massively negative newstorys being peddled. I wonder if we got to impartial reporting offering a balanced view we’d see an increase in business confidence resulting in higher GDP growth.

'Benefits' are often considered as cash paid when not in work, or payments for housing.

The 'benefits' often overlooked include free healthcare - no credit/debit card machines at any A&E I know of.

Education - regardless of how many in your brood and language spoken, they're absorbed into free, mainstream education (and free scran). The curriculum will be suspended to teach English to the multitude of tongues in class. Tough shit if your teenage kid doesn't need to learn basic English (although many natives could do with improvement).

Two examples of 'benefits' a civilised and compassionate society should gift the less fortunate, but if no extra provision is made and folk face longer waiting times for medical treatment, or their kids are in a class speaking a dozen or more different languages and miss out on course work and fail to score the grades they need, then that frustration will, at best, manifest itself at the elections, ushering in more extreme politicians, or at worst, social disorder.

Ignoring the issues and dismissing the people as racist hasn't been too successful so far.
I’ve been saying that fron the start; spent too long working inside a system that deliberately targets the migrants to the detriment of the native population. Of course, I’m a fceking racist for trying to teach classes with NINE different native tongues. The English kids, regardless of race, creed or colour never got a look in.
God bless the Remainers for their Nelsonic view of the real world.

I REPEAT: What is the EU current asking the UK to do? Sign up to EU law and the jurisdiction of the ECJ after Brexit.

As such, if the UK signs up to that, it will remain under ECJ jurisdiction as part of the arrangements to retain access to the single market.

FACT

Wordsmith
So crash out then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that, its destroying Eastern EU economies.

Why work as a Dentist in Romania when you can come to the UK, and with Working Tax Credit earn more doing a low or no skill job as you can back home?

Average take home wage in Romania is @ £400/month
....destroying those economies that are growing faster than yours...

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
To be more precise: "so trade under WTO rules like much of the rest of the world already does".

As pointed out before, the single market is a protectionist racket. Efficient economies don't require 20% import tariffs to prevent the loss of business to more efficient manufacturers elsewhere in the world.

Wordsmith

....destroying those economies that are growing faster than yours...

Are you REALLY that dense?
Growth is relative. If Borat in a village in Romania is twice as rich next year, thats 100% growth per capita GDP, he's still piss poor by western European standards

"…Over a quarter of Romania’s population lives on less than US$5.50 a day, the highest poverty rate in the EU.…"

Romania: Thriving cities, rural poverty, and a trust deficit