Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

House prices, entirely dependent on where you live and where you look.

Oh look house prices in London expected to fall until 2020
Big Four firm PwC predicts London house prices will drop until 2020

If I take a run through google I’ll find probably the opposite of your POV.
The thing is with all your examples it’s a question of degrees. The Guardian predictions may not have been spot on, but they are in the right direction.

Unlike Wordsmiths which is almost as reliable as a horoscope.

Your examples are one offs and not necessarily industry wide.
We can all do internet facts and figures.
Yet there has never been a brexit plan. (Not a workable one anyway)

See almost any statement by Davis and Fox. (I have to say May is playing a blinder. Let the brexiters break it)
Any statement by Farage. The lies from the leave camp. The lies from Boris. (I see he’s given up on Churchill and gone Trump).
And Gove, he’s staying so far away from Brexit, it’s like he’s embarrassed by it or something.

Even if there was a plan, a workable and coherent plan. You can’t actually think it’s one that we are sticking to.

There’s optimism and insanity.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Great. We’ll split the LidDems vote.

Remind me again. Which two political parties in the last GE had it in their manifesto pledges to overturn brexit? How did they perform?

Here’s an intersting article for you.

Rejoice! Centrism in British politics is dead and big ideas are back | Giles Fraser: Loose canon
It’s an opinion. We’ll see how that goes. Big ideas, like Borises latest. He’s obviously worked out that playing statesman isn’t working.
He’s back to being Boris.

And if Brexit Mk2 was still for leaving though with a more reduced majority, wouldn't that give the Remoaners another reason for a further referendum?
The EU are not negotiating, they are simply placing barriers in front of any talks just hoping that the UK will fold. They haven't learned (twice) that we Brits don't fold too easily, only the fifth column want to surrender.
As said if you ignore history it tends to repeat itself. :cool:

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The current appalling state of the Brexit negotiations is purely down to the majority of the Political class on all sides wilfully choosing to destroy the UKs negotiating position to get the worst possible deal in the hope of a second referendum plus cowardice and general incompetence.
I think its largely down to incompetence - May is unfit to be PM. And a gutless Conservative party knowing they are sleepwalking towards a fuster-cluck, yet reluctant to remove its cause.

But it does indicate how a basically sound decision - that to exit the EU - can be screwed up by the human factor.

The only silver lining to this particular cloud is that the long term benefits of Brexit (over the next few decades) are likely to far outweigh the unnecessary short-term pain May is needlessly going to inflict on us.

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
What is the EU currently demanding in its negotiations? That the UK retain large parts of EU law on its statute books and remain within ECJ jurisdiction. If we sign up to the EU's current proposals we will remain partially subject to the EU's law with adjudication by the ECJ as to whether we are in compliance with those laws.

I think you know that and are dissembling as usual.

Wordsmith
There’s something so mindbendingly wrong in there....................................I’m away for breakfast.

I have never described people who voted for brexit as stupid. But, a lot of stupid people voted for brexit.

Even the CBI is waking up to the realities of the EU.

Kick out EU migrants after Brexit if they fail to find work, says CBI

Many of the poorer EU states have benefit systems far less generous than those of the UK - and many of those benefits are also time limited and shop after a couple of years.

As such, benefit tourism occurs and we have EU citizens from other states coming her, claiming benefits and pushing up our welfare bill. It is perfectly reasonable to time limit access to benefits; genuine job seekers should be able to find work within that period; benefit tourists should be returned to their native country.

Wordsmith
unpossible. RemaIN says it was all about racism and every immigrant brings cultural, economic and intellectual enrichment to our broken country.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
And if Brexit Mk2 was still for leaving though with a more reduced majority, wouldn't that give the Remoaners another reason for a further referendum?
The EU are not negotiating, they are simply placing barriers in front of any talks just hoping that the UK will fold. They haven't learned (twice) that we Brits don't fold too easily, only the fifth column want to surrender.
As said if you ignore history it tends to repeat itself. :cool:
What history are we ignoring. Some fictional period in Boys Own. GA Henty?
Even Major admitted that ‘ the old maid cycling through the mist to evensong’ was a myth. An imagined happening from a period which never existed.

Every major continental victory, whether it was a single battle or a war we won. That was with the help of our allies or as part of a wider coalition. We used to be very good at encouraging others to come and give us a hand. Charm, style diplomacy, bribery.
Whatever it took.

As for the fifth columnists. May I remind you that many of the appeasers in the last war, were senior Conservatives and the ones who were locked up were people like Mosley and his far right fellow travellers.

(And as for folding too easily, look at the amount of news which was suppressed due to the effect it would have on morale)

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
unpossible. RemaIN says it was all about racism and every immigrant brings cultural, economic and intellectual enrichment to our broken country.
And now the CBI have worked out that a higher than necessary welfare bill means they ultimately pay more taxes, make less profit, and therefor want all unemployed 'cultural, economic and intellectual enrichment' migrants returned to their country of origin.

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Many of the poorer EU states have benefit systems far less generous than those of the UK - and many of those benefits are also time limited and shop after a couple of years.

As such, benefit tourism occurs and we have EU citizens from other states coming her, claiming benefits and pushing up our welfare bill. It is perfectly reasonable to time limit access to benefits; genuine job seekers should be able to find work within that period; benefit tourists should be returned to their native country.

Wordsmith
I’m positive we could pack them of home. I couldn’t be bothered looking again, but I’m sure you can’t just arrive here, climb of the boat and ‘sign on’.

I’m almost sure that constant repetition of this particular whopper isn’t going to make it happen either. Otherwise there’ll be a lot more people coming in between now and April. (2020) and getting their handout.
Millions of Turks, is that what you have in mind?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And now the CBI have worked out that a higher than necessary welfare bill means they ultimately pay more taxes, make less profit, and therefor want all unemployed 'cultural, economic and intellectual enrichment' migrants returned to their country of origin.

Wordsmith
A few days ago someone made the point that business should be running the negotiations - the CBI and it's sister organisations are proof positive that that would be a terrible idea!

I’m positive we could pack them of home. I couldn’t be bothered looking again, but I’m sure you can’t just arrive here, climb of the boat and ‘sign on’.

I’m almost sure that constant repetition of this particular whopper isn’t going to make it happen either. Otherwise there’ll be a lot more people coming in between now and April. (2020) and getting their handout.
Millions of Turks, is that what you have in mind?
It’s easier than you think. Especially if you already have a mate with a U.K. address. No one checks who acutually physically lives where, you just need utility bills as proof of address.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
A few days ago someone made the point that business should be running the negotiations - the CBI and it's sister organisations are proof positive that that would be a terrible idea!
There is merit in business being more actively involved in some parts of the negotiations - trade for example. If a field where they could have much useful input.

And kept a zillion miles away from other parts.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith
Paradoxically this is what @Graculus means when he says we don't obey EU rules, but then we don't obey them cos they're too expensive, have no means of dealing other than the modern Razzia and even visas in the current form are unenforceable, cos politicians have started to scrap records.

This then is the perfect storm because the Census is unreliable for political reasons and the means of enforcement is gone which means that WM can't budget properly. Just so long as we resource the new sacred cow, the NHS.

Big Four firm PwC
Oh dear ,you do get worse PWC and the other three are all totally unbelievable. How can you possibly believe anything from them.
Now jut think a minute- they mean the Chelsea mansions, they don't mean 3 bed semis or dosses cos the latter will go into is negative equity- which is good for the banks. The former just won't be spending as much which bad for champagne estate agents.