Brexit Phase Two - Trade

What is the EU currently demanding in its negotiations? That the UK retain large parts of EU law on its statute books and remain within ECJ jurisdiction. If we sign up to the EU's current proposals we will remain partially subject to the EU's law with adjudication by the ECJ as to whether we are in compliance with those laws.

I think you know that and are dissembling as usual.

Wordsmith
You falsely implied that UK was being asked (unlike all other 3rd parties) to remain under ECJ jurisdiction just to have access to the single market. That is of course a lie.

Of course if you don’t sign up, you risk to have the economy melt down (in your world, renamed 12-18 months of economic turbulence) as you trade solely under WTO rules (which you falsely claimed ‘loads of other countries do’ - another lie)

I see a pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immigration, regardless of origin, race or religion will be less of a problem for HMG if they put infrastructure in place to minimise the negative impact on communities.

It's no good lecturing folk on the benefits to the economy if their lives take a turn for the worst through the squeeze on public services, housing, health and education.

To call people racist when they complain about the negatives they experience is simply fomenting the conditions which led to many I know voting for Brexit.
Oh, no. If you're not a winner in the eu it must be because you're xenophobic or bigotted. Fact. Unless you suck it up to allow people who think that they are better than you just because they but their over priced coffee from poles...

You falsely implied that UK was being asked (unlike all other 3rd parties) to remain under ECJ jurisdiction just to have access to the single market. That is of course a lie.
I REPEAT: What is the EU current asking the UK to do? Sign up to EU law and the jurisdiction of the ECJ after Brexit.

As such, if the UK signs up to that, it will remain under ECJ jurisdiction as part of the arrangements to retain access to the single market.

FACT

Wordsmith

Immigration, regardless of origin, race or religion will be less of a problem for HMG if they put infrastructure in place to minimise the negative impact on communities.

It's no good lecturing folk on the benefits to the economy if their lives take a turn for the worst through the squeeze on public services, housing, health and education.

To call people racist when they complain about the negatives they experience is simply fomenting the conditions which led to many I know voting for Brexit.
It is racist to show those concerns.

I need mass immigration to keep wages low on our shop floor and my rental incomes artificially high.

Even the CBI is waking up to the realities of the EU.

Kick out EU migrants after Brexit if they fail to find work, says CBI
EU citizens who come to the UK after Brexit should be kicked out after three months if they are not contributing to the economy and society, Britain's largest business lobby group has recommended. The CBI, which has advocated keeping the UK closely tied to the EU, has urged the Government to introduce a system of compulsory registration for people arriving from Europe.

In order to stay in Britain for longer than three months they would have to prove they were working, studying or self-sufficient. Freedom of movement was arguably the most important issue of the EU referendum campaign and the Government is yet to spell out exactly how the post-Brexit immigration system will work.
Many of the poorer EU states have benefit systems far less generous than those of the UK - and many of those benefits are also time limited and shop after a couple of years.

As such, benefit tourism occurs and we have EU citizens from other states coming her, claiming benefits and pushing up our welfare bill. It is perfectly reasonable to time limit access to benefits; genuine job seekers should be able to find work within that period; benefit tourists should be returned to their native country.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BBC running an article by John Curtice on the potential voting in ref 2.

How young and old would vote on Brexit now

Not really that much different from what we know with younger people preferring Remain. However, the interesting bit comes at the end of the article
However, only half of 18 to 24-year-olds said that they would be certain to vote in a second EU referendum, according to recent polls by Survation. This compares with 84% of those aged 65 and over.

So if there were another ballot, it is far from certain that young people would necessarily take the opportunity to register their distinctive views.
Basically, younger people have their POV but may not bother expressing it! A very interesting look at the potential outcome.

Even the CBI is waking up to the realities of the EU.

Kick out EU migrants after Brexit if they fail to find work, says CBI

Many of the poorer EU states have benefit systems far less generous than those of the UK - and many of those benefits are also time limited and shop after a couple of years.

As such, benefit tourism occurs and we have EU citizens from other states coming her, claiming benefits and pushing up our welfare bill. It is perfectly reasonable to time limit access to benefits; genuine job seekers should be able to find work within that period; benefit tourists should be returned to their native country.

Wordsmith

Not only that, its destroying Eastern EU economies.

Why work as a Dentist in Romania when you can come to the UK, and with Working Tax Credit earn more doing a low or no skill job as you can back home?

Average take home wage in Romania is @ £400/month

And as those older people die out, they are replaced by younger people changing their mind.

Polling history: 40 years of British views on 'in or out' of Europe

Out of interest, have you ever noticed the polling conducted by the remain campaign is always ‘how would you vote’ and not do you think the original referendum result should be honoured.

Survey claims even MORE Britons want Brexit with nearly 15% increase | Daily Mail Online

There was a referendum conducted in 2016. Not a poll. A vote.

BBC running an article by John Curtice on the potential voting in ref 2.

How young and old would vote on Brexit now

Not really that much different from what we know with younger people preferring Remain. However, the interesting bit comes at the end of the article

Basically, younger people have their POV but may not bother expressing it! A very interesting look at the potential outcome.
I honestly think that a second Brexit referendum would destroy the UKs electoral system! I'm not sure there would be riots but I can definitely predict the unforeseen circumstances (for the remoaners) of extreme Left and Right wing populist parties gaining power in the very near future afterwards.
One of the things Leftist Liberals fail to understand is that the more you bear down on 'normal' people, free speech and destroy your nations culture, there comes a point where they will snap and bite back!
As it stands today a 'None of the Above' option at the ballot box would win hands down, could you imagine how bad it would get for the 2 main parties who campaigned on leaving the EU and got 80% of the vote and then called for another referendum!
The current appalling state of the Brexit negotiations is purely down to the majority of the Political class on all sides wilfully choosing to destroy the UKs negotiating position to get the worst possible deal in the hope of a second referendum plus cowardice and general incompetence.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470