Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Thatcher did originally back the EU as a single bloc.

And then the wall came down and the EU went all Liebenstraum
Living the Dream?
Or Loving it?

Then again, someone who can't get their head around lose (to misplace, to fail et al) and loose (to set free, to release, not tight) in English should probably not try to be clever in a foreign language.

Rabb isn't a potential rival for PMTM's job (yet).

Two of her rivals, DD and BoJo, were given poisoned chalices.
On the other hand Sajid Javid continues to chip away at May.

Theresa May refuses to back Sajid Javid's decision not to block death penalty for Isil 'Beatles'
Theresa May has refused to endorse Sajid Javid’s position on the death penalty despite admitting she knew about a letter sent to the US which paves the way for two members of the "Beatles" group of Isil terrorists to be sent to America.

The Telegraph revealed Britain had secretly abandoned its blanket opposition to the death penalty as part of a proposed deal which would involve captured jihadists Alexanda Kotey and Shafee El-Sheikh - who both held British citizenship - being prosecuted in US courts.
I doubt many in the UK will shed tears for that collection of murderous thugs. Sajid Javid wins popularity points - May looks out of touch.

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Mea culpa............I've been on holiday, in the Sunny EU (Lorraine), interesting conversation with a friend who is an organic farmer, highly pissed off with the EU subsidising crap farmers across the board, he won't take any subsidies because, the EU won't recognise that, his farm through generations, has never used artificial fertiliser/weed control etc. I can confirm his vegetables are 'ambrosia' and he puts it down to the 'terroir', it's the first time I've eaten freshly steamed potatoes with no seasoning at all (lots of).

Why isn't more being made of it, or is the thought of knocking of for the Summer too much for Parliament ?
You’ve never had new comber potatoes. Boiled in their jackets, butter, drop of pepper.
That’s it.
It’s a staple diet.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Steady Wordsmith, the vicious blame circle is never ending.

Like that famous image of Maggie wearing ‘that’ jumper some arrsers repeatedly use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Embarrassing isn’t it, not to mention she was seriously keen on the Single Market. Another Thatcher legacy, dumped by the loonies.

I would particularly say we’ve wr chef our reputation. Remember we’re dealing with unelected people who are acting like children.
Why don't you just make something up Andy? How are they acting like children?

By preparingthemselves for a serious negoatiation?
By asking the UK to get its act together?
By not believbing in Unicorns?

I'll tell you what acting like a child is, it's agitiating for decades for something, not preparingand then, when you're in the cabinet, gobbing off soundbites instead of doing the planning, finally running away because you can't have all of your own way.

And making shit up all of the time BTW.

Embarrassing isn’t it, not to mention she was seriously keen on the Single Market. Another Thatcher legacy, dumped by the loonies.
Not embarrassing at all, times change.

I won't lower to name calling however IIRC it's called " opportunity & progress"

Embrace not fear....

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Good job they didn’t put this on the side of a bus

Jacob Rees-Mogg, whose City firm has just opened a second investment fund in Ireland to avoid the impact of leaving the EU, is now telling ordinary people they'll have to wait 5 decades to see the 'benefits' of Brexit.

Why don't you just make something up Andy? How are they acting like children?

By preparingthemselves for a serious negoatiation?
By asking the UK to get its act together?
By not believbing in Unicorns?

I'll tell you what acting like a child is, it's agitiating for decades for something, not preparingand then, when you're in the cabinet, gobbing off soundbites instead of doing the planning, finally running away because you can't have all of your own way.

And making shit up all of the time BTW.
Hows your corned beef stash coming along?

Corned Beef King (@CornedBeefKing) on Twitter

Last edited:
On the other hand Sajid Javid continues to chip away at May.

Theresa May refuses to back Sajid Javid's decision not to block death penalty for Isil 'Beatles'

I doubt many in the UK will shed tears for that collection of murderous thugs. Sajid Javid wins popularity points - May looks out of touch.

Wordsmith
Javid needs knighted for this, I watch Abbot nervously giving her HoC speech.

As for Shami, she can wind her neck in.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470