Brexit Phase Two - Trade

irrelevant to the question I'm afraid. The EU was saying we couldn't get a better deal BEFORE we put forward our terms...
Which is wholly logical.

irrelevant to the question I'm afraid. The EU was saying we couldn't get a better deal BEFORE we put forward our terms...
Obviously. Members get better a better deal than non-members.
It has been the case for every club or membership organisation since they were first created.

The problem the UK has on Brexit as pointed out by Major this morning is that when the UK leaves the EU the UK also leaves 50 trade deals the EU has.

The UK won't get as good a deal when we re-negotiate them in the *years* following Brexit. If we get any deal at all. The UK has no bargining power compared to the EU. the EU having done a deal for X imports and y exports said countries are unlikley to want to double the imports or exports and do a dal with the UK so the deals the UK get won't be anything like as good as the ones the EU has.

If indeed the industries to take advantage of these trade deals are still in the UK. The problem being is that it will take years to re-negotiate these deals and many businesses will have moved to the EU years before any trade agreement will have been agreed.

This is probably why the EU had a trade deal with Japan. I suspect Nissan and Toyota are getting sorted to move out of the UK. As both said to PMTM they will stay in the UK if the UK keeps the Single Market and Customs Union. Which it appears we are not. You can bet Tata (JLR to you) are doing something similar.

I wonder if Tata will sell their steel works of just close them and take the hit

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Nobody is belittling anybody.

As we all know, none of project fears will come to fruition
So you've skipped past the Irish abuse. Different country, different times.
This isn't Haughey or Dev stuf.
We're past project fear, it's project reality.

Raab this morning on the government stockpiling food. 'An unfortunate story which got into the the media'

But while we're here when was the last time a British government had to take emergency actions as a result of itwn behaviour?

(Declaring war, doesn't count)

Raab this morning on the government stockpiling food. 'An unfortunate story which got into the the media'

But while we're here when was the last time a British government had to take emergency actions as a result of itwn behaviour?

Raab's a **** of the highest order. The EU will now be asking if TMPM is still in charge and if so, does she have any control over her cabinet.

For a brief he seems incredibly badly briefed....

So where are these food stores?

Oh, no, cheese will be off the menu.
This the kind of lunacy we've had on here for the last 2 years.

By Lisa O'Carroll, who isn't in the least bit pro remain and a bog dweller.

cheese.JPG

you clearly don't run a business
clearly as a Customs officer I wouldn't, but I dealt with the bull they come up with. Like "the Goods are required Yesterday ."
Me " why weren't they here yesterday"
"***** You why can't they go?"
Me " Cos you were booked on the ship the ship this morning"
They said 11.00....
Yep it means 11 not 23.00"
Buisnesses........I've shot em

I've just done a lookup of this Lisa O'Carroll specimen. Have a look at her obsessive articles. Jesus, these people are mental.
Lisa O'Carroll | The Guardian

clearly as a Customs officer I wouldn't, but I dealt with the bull they come up with. Like "the Goods are required Yesterday ."
They said 11.00....

Which explains why UK PLC wants the Single Market and Customs Union. YOU are part of the problem.

They said 11.00....
Jobsworth you? Shocked I am Leo....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 376
S11Blade Brexit 475
B Medals 22