Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The discussion has been going on for some time and pre dates Brexit.
Then it seems to have been forgotten in the aftermath of the result.

The only people bringing up the last bit on this thread are you and Andy.
I can't be bothered dredging through this and related threads to cite examples. I would invite you to use the search function, punch in 'Brexit' and any one of the negative adjectives
I contend is regularly used to describe Brexit voters and see what happens.

You may also have noticed that the debate is a tiny bit more widespread than things that happen in ARRSE. So do the same in Google for a much broader return.

So it's just me and Andy "making shit up" eh?

I apologise and grovel profusely, your greatness. I hadn't realised you were so important that a Secretary of State would hang on your every word and recall such wisdom 20 years after your profound utterance.
You do understand that occasionally thought processes are not unique and that in these circumstances there is something called agreement. For example both Oscar Wildeand JM Barrie used the phrase “I am not young enough to know everything. “ so no. But then I would have had the same chances of being SoS had I been him.

Then it seems to have been forgotten in the aftermath of the result.

I can't be bothered dredging through this and related threads to cite examples. I would invite you to use the search function, punch in 'Brexit' and any one of the negative adjectives
I contend is regularly used to describe Brexit voters and see what happens.

You may also have noticed that the debate is a tiny bit more widespread than things that happen in ARRSE. So do the same in Google for a much broader return.

So it's just me and Andy "making shit up" eh?
Assertion it is then.

See my post a few pages back, Andy comes up in the top four. It's a very old propaganda technique which is in favour with the SNP. Manufacturing grievance.

CGAF what a naughty person said some mythical elsewhere in respect of this, what's on this board is what counts IMO.

It's not I slagging off the people on the Blackpool thread is it?

None of which addresses how we're going to manage this absolute cluster.

humour me. There are nigh on 38,000 posts on the thread, some of which I haven't read and, to be fair, you're normally on ignore. Explain why we can't have a deal that is equal to or better than the one we have at present. Would such a deal not benefit the EU as well?
Because we are apparently refusing to be bound by the common rules which underpin the current deal, and further demand that in the event of any dispute we refuse to be bound by the accepted, multinational, court of arbitration and judge our own alleged transgressions.

Would you allow any other country a deal with the UK on those terms?

Last edited:
Because we are apparently refusing to be bound by the common rules which underpin the current deal, and further demand that in the event of any dispute we refuse to accept the accepted, multinational, court of arbitration and judge our own alleged transgressions.

Don't forget we want to undermine the whole shebang without even paying for the privilege.

Stuff your club. By the way we want access to the golf course, car park and we want free use of the drinks cabinet

Do tell, what occurs during the interface of when stone meets glasshouse ?
Some verbose unfunny person makes comments. Will of the people and all that, then slag off the chavs, yeah that works....

Because we are apparently refusing to be bound by the common rules which underpin the current deal, and further demand that in the event of any dispute we refuse to be bound by the accepted, multinational, court of arbitration and judge our own alleged transgressions.

But Brexit.....

irrelevant to the question I'm afraid. The EU was saying we couldn't get a better deal BEFORE we put forward our terms...

irrelevant to the question I'm afraid. The EU was saying we couldn't get a better deal BEFORE we put forward our terms...
Which is wholly logical.

Obviously. Members get better a better deal than non-members.
It has been the case for every club or membership organisation since they were first created.

The problem the UK has on Brexit as pointed out by Major this morning is that when the UK leaves the EU the UK also leaves 50 trade deals the EU has.

The UK won't get as good a deal when we re-negotiate them in the *years* following Brexit. If we get any deal at all. The UK has no bargining power compared to the EU. the EU having done a deal for X imports and y exports said countries are unlikley to want to double the imports or exports and do a dal with the UK so the deals the UK get won't be anything like as good as the ones the EU has.

If indeed the industries to take advantage of these trade deals are still in the UK. The problem being is that it will take years to re-negotiate these deals and many businesses will have moved to the EU years before any trade agreement will have been agreed.

This is probably why the EU had a trade deal with Japan. I suspect Nissan and Toyota are getting sorted to move out of the UK. As both said to PMTM they will stay in the UK if the UK keeps the Single Market and Customs Union. Which it appears we are not. You can bet Tata (JLR to you) are doing something similar.

I wonder if Tata will sell their steel works of just close them and take the hit

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Nobody is belittling anybody.

As we all know, none of project fears will come to fruition
So you've skipped past the Irish abuse. Different country, different times.
This isn't Haughey or Dev stuf.
We're past project fear, it's project reality.

Raab this morning on the government stockpiling food. 'An unfortunate story which got into the the media'

But while we're here when was the last time a British government had to take emergency actions as a result of itwn behaviour?

(Declaring war, doesn't count)

So you've skipped past the Irish abuse. Different country, different times.
This isn't Haughey or Dev stuf.
We're past project fear, it's project reality.

Raab this morning on the government stockpiling food. 'An unfortunate story which got into the the media'

But while we're here when was the last time a British government had to take emergency actions as a result of itwn behaviour?

(Declaring war, doesn't count)
Raab's a **** of the highest order. The EU will now be asking if TMPM is still in charge and if so, does she have any control over her cabinet.

For a brief he seems incredibly badly briefed....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470