Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Grumpy was spot on! The EU way of doing things is to have referendums until such time as they get the answer they want - then shut down the system!
I didn't take you for one of the tinfoil hat brigade, A-Y. Do you really think that the EU is in charge of the calling of referendums in the UK? I can't believe that the sinister hand of the EU was guiding DC's decision to call a referendum in the first place.

What do you, @GrumpyWasTooCheerful, @AfghanAndy, @Tired_Tech and @LeoRoverman have to fear from a 2nd referendum? If those who voted leave in the 2016 referendum still believe they've made the right choice, the previously undecided/ambivalent are better informed and energised about the consequences of the vote, and as many remainers as some believe have become bloody-minded and just want it all to go away, then the result of a 2nd referendum, once the leave end-state has been defined and explained, should be a shoo-in, with such a crushing majority that the result would leave no-one in doubt as to the (informed) will of the people.

Please don't use the call of undermining Parliament as a reason for not having a 2nd referendum; the current muppets on both sides of the House have already done that in spades without the need for any possible interference from Brussels, Moscow, DC or Dublin.

Last edited:
Snigger.
As some twat on here says.
He can type away as much as he wants but if he's contradicting what he's saying a few posts back then it's time for a break. HTH.

It will probably take a hard brexit to bring home the utter stupidity of the referendum to those in denial and to those without a clue.

It’s coming home,
it’s coming home,
hard brexits coming home!

The furious anti democratic rearguard by Remainiacs determined to overturn the will of the people in parliament has now almost assured the very hardest outcome, far more hardcore than 99% of Brexiteers ever dreamed of.
Happy days!

Last edited:
I didn't take you for one of the tinfoil hat brigade, A-Y. Do you really think that the EU is in charge of the calling of referendums in the UK? I can't believe that the sinister hand of the EU was guiding DC's decision to call a referendum in the first place.

What do you, @GrumpyWasTooCheerful, @AfghanAndy, @Tired_Tech and @LeoRoverman have to fear from a 2nd referendum? If those who voted leave in the 2016 referendum still believe they've made the right choice, the previously undecided/ambivalent are better informed and energised about the consequences of the vote, and as many remainers as some believe have become bloody-minded and just want it all to go away, then the result of a 2nd referendum, once the leave end-state has been defined and explained, should be a shoo-in, with such a crushing majority that the result would leave no-one in doubt as to the (informed) will of the people.

Please don't use the call of undermining Parliament as a reason for not having a 2nd referendum; the current muppets on both sides of the House have already done that in spades without the need for any possible interference from Brussels, Moscow, DC or Dublin.
as leavers we have nothing to fear from a second referendum. As members of a democratic society on the other hand...

as leavers we have nothing to fear from a second referendum.
Of course not....

As members of a democratic society on the other hand...
As someone who was first to protest the government's attempt to usurp parliamentary sovereignty and who backed Gina Miller you can speak with some autho........

Now, I'm still not advocating a second referendum but do stop talking bollocks eh? ERG and their likes are crapping themselves which is why Raab is stirring it to get the hard of thinking up in arms....and you demonstrably didn't give a feck about democracy earlier.

I happened to listen to 'A Point of View' on R4 this morning. I normally give it a swerve as it is usually some florid and pretentious balls from Will Self or some more trite nonsense from Sarah Dunant. This morning's contribution from John Gray (political philosopher) was worth listening to, however.

BBC Radio 4 - A Point of View, Brexit and Illiberal Europe

You may have to register to use iPlayer.

“John Gray argues that in the Brexit debate, few Remainers seem to have noticed the illiberal and fragmented Europe that has recently come into being.

"Illiberal forces are advancing across the European”

Don’t be confusing those EUtopians with harsh facts!

I like the hypocrites that have claimed stupid people voted for brexit.
. . . and Einsteins voted to remain!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

“John Gray argues that in the Brexit debate, few Remainers seem to have noticed the illiberal and fragmented Europe that has recently come into being.

Cheered on by idiots...
Not the outcome the EU was hoping for.
Orban continues to be a very public thorn in the EUs side and will be empowered to be even more so.

Landslide victory projected for Hungary’s anti-immigrant PM | Daily Mail Online

I suggest that you listen to the programme rather than jump to any conclusions by cutting and pasting a partial quotation. In your rush to dismiss it, you failed to scroll on and read the whole synopsis (and then listen to the whole thing).

Cheered on by idiots...
And you would benefit from listening to it, as well.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Dear me. Again with the selective ignorance. You know perfectly well all about Osborne’s delayed cuts and when they were scheduled to take effect.

You truly are an odious snide of a poster.
Is that still to hit?

We’re really in for a time of it. No wonder they’re in so much a hurry to get this Brexit out of the way as quickly as possible.

As someone who was first to protest the government's attempt to usurp parliamentary sovereignty and who backed Gina Miller you can speak with some autho........

Now, I'm still not advocating a second referendum but do stop talking bollocks eh? ERG and their likes are crapping themselves which is why Raab is stirring it to get the hard of thinking up in arms....and you demonstrably didn't give a feck about democracy earlier.
you can of course prove all of the above, yes? Thankyou for posting a completely pointless opinion poll from tw*tter.

I suggest that you listen to the programme rather than jump to any conclusions by cutting and pasting a partial quotation. In your rush to dismiss it, you failed to scroll on and read the whole synopsis (and then listen to the whole thing).

And you would benefit from listening to it, as well.

Wind your neck in, listened to it in full and I’ve just come back from a 3,500 mile road trip around EUdystopia.

The right is on the match all across Europe and they’ve become a main force in popular poplitics mein Herr.

It’s a delicious irony that the EU will bring real Nazis back into mainstream politics in Germania.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470