Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Now, if the U.K. economy is loosing so much money now, why has it not cost me a penny yet? I don’t know anybody who has lost their job over it? I know know business that is struggling because of it? In fact, all evidence points to brexit so far having no impact whatsoever other than those people Who don’t want us to leave the EU peddling economic horror story’s that don’t exist in order for us to try and change our mind.
start with astraw man and go on.

The UK has gone from top of the G7 growth league in 2015 to likely bottom in 2018. All else equal, growth in the UK economy should have accelerated and not slowed over this period.

The real Brexit ‘dividend’: a decade of economic underperformance and political crisis | British Politics and Policy at LSE

You've told us you had to drop rents? Was that a fiction?

Good job that those Poles who took VR weren't job losses eh?

Have you had no holidays since Brexit? good exchange rate eh? Bet you made gazillions...

You wouldn't notice anything if all you read is papers from years ago.

Lastly, and this really is the important bit, we haven't left yet and are still trading under SM/CU conditions. Do you actually understand that? We haven't left, your claims are for the UK as a EU member.

You've gone from Kevin to fully fledged InfoOps, have a break from the keyboard mate.

You've told you had to drop rents? Was that a fiction?

Have you had no holidays since Brexit? good exchange rate eh? Bet you made gazillions...

Lastly, and this really is the important bit, we haven't left yet and are still trading under SM/CU conditions. Do you actually understand that? We haven't left, your claims are for the UK as a EU member.

You've gone from Kevin to fully fledged InfoOps, have a break from the keyboard mate.
No. Rents have been dropped due to less people on the market looking fir rental incomes.

As I say, our downturn has nothing to do with brexit. It’s a global issue.

Still. Never mind. I wonder what fear story’s Blair will try and get pushed out today.

Dominic Raab with his first major interview since replacing Davis starts off making the right noises IMO. He is starting off by reiterating that we don't pay the 'divorce settlement' if the EU refuse to come up with a deal. I personally think it was a mistake just to put the money on the table with very few strings attached which has allowed Barnier to bexso truculent.

It is good to be up front with reminding them that the money is predicated on a deal, although the BBC are reporting it as money we owe, what bollox! Hammond also says that he sees no reason for not paying it. He will not last the change of PM coming up and it won't be him in the top job.
Aye, that'll do our international reputation the world of good. Just what we need when getting into trade negotiations.

No. Rents have been dropped due to less people on the market looking fir rental incomes.

As I say, our downturn has nothing to do with brexit. It’s a global issue.

Still. Never mind. I wonder what fear story’s Blair will try and get pushed out today.
I've edited it to add a LSE appreciation. Have you worked out why there are less people yet?

Bollox. If he is the mouthpiece of the EU, why have they put him back in his box everytime a decision has had to be taken? I think the MS are leaving him there purely as the French are pushing this, there has been plenty of evidence that other MS are not too happy with him. I think Barnier has been the mouthpiece of the EU Commission who in turn have been keeping the lid on the MS, I am not convinced they will continue to be successful in that.
He's doing his job an hasn't been put back in any box apart from in the minds of those who will not think.

Read and believe whatever you want. If you'd comprehended what I wrote, which apparently you didn't, I believe that a 2nd referendum is justified and the result of that referendum final, as that referendum would also answer the question of what the UK's future relationship with the EU should be.
in which case you've just written the death warrant of the need for a Parliament.

Well now, if the EU want uncompetitive farming to continue that's their problem. Essentially we need to feed ourselves-we always have, but we have always had to import and Export Grain for different product. Agriculture has always been problematic and it's always found a market. This country was bred on it.

start with astraw man and go on.

The UK has gone from top of the G7 growth league in 2015 to likely bottom in 2018. All else equal, growth in the UK economy should have accelerated and not slowed over this period.

The real Brexit ‘dividend’: a decade of economic underperformance and political crisis | British Politics and Policy at LSE

You've told us you had to drop rents? Was that a fiction?

We can find similar articles from pre brexit times.

There’s numerous factors associated with the U.K. economy’s performance.

Those (still after a referendum) advocating the EU will interpret low levels of GDP growth will of course blame brexit.

Those advocating Keynesian style economic policies will blame austerity.

Some will blame the UKs poor productivity levels compounded by historical givernemnt policy of importing cheap migrant labour and immigration to boost GDP growth rather than implementing measures for boosting productivity.

Some may Pont to the fact that the finance sector have kicked off after a financial crash by putting all their efforts into investing in the finance sector rather than diversifying.

Some may argue that GDP growth rates isn’t a particularly good measure. When you have other economic measurements like unemployment running at 20% in the Eurozone area, when things are that bad, you’re economy can do very little other than improve.

Some may even argue that the UKs lack lustre performance is due to a cooling of the global economy.

Personally, I think the issue is a combination of all of them compounded by those wishing us to remain in the EU manipulating assessments relating to fraction of fractions of a percent to spin financial assessments to support their cause.

Edit.
Theres an awful lot of non EU nations doing really well on GDP growth rates.

List of countries by real GDP growth rate - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Those (still after a referendum) advocating the EU will interpret low levels of GDP growth will of course blame brexit.

Some will blame the UKs poor productivity levels compounded by historical givernemnt policy of importing cheap migrant labour and immigration to boost GDP growth rather than implementing measures for boosting productivity.

Some may Pont to the fact that the finance sector have kicked off after a financial crash by putting all their efforts into investing in the finance sector rather than diversifying.

Some may argue that GDP growth rates isn’t a particularly good measure. When you have other economic measurements like unemployment running at 20% in the Eurozone area, when things are that bad, you’re economy can do very little other than improve.

Some may even argue that the UKs lack lustre performance is due to a cooling of the global economy.

Personally, I think the issue is a combination of all of them compounded by those wishing us to remain in the EU manipulating assessments relating to fraction of fractions of a percent to spin financial assessments to support their cause.
The drop to the bottom of the growth table has been manipulated???????????????

If I was writing a sitcom I couldn't come up the gems that Brexit is throwing up.

Some of it is money we owe. But it’s a nice reminder to Brussels that they can only have it when they stop acting like a petulant child.

As for the early comment that Barnier is the mouthpiece of the Member States, we all know that the Barnier is the mouthpiece of Brussels.

As we’re seeing now, Ireland is being told what to say.
some of it is money that we've contracted in this seven year financial period, some of it potentially to remain in certain systems-to save money temporarily.

I've edited it to add a LSE appreciation. Have you worked out why there are less people yet?
brexit is a success? Economic immigration os slowing? I'd chalk that in the 'pro' column bring our population down towards the level that can be supported by the island of UK. I don't recall you ever picking a number for the maximum possible number of people on this fair isle. How many is too many?

You really do exist in a post truth netherworld Andy.

You'd swear that black is white and vice versa if it fit your twisted reality

brexit is a success? Economic immigration os slowing? I'd chalk that in the 'pro' column bring our population down towards the level that can be supported by the island of UK. I don't recall you ever picking a number for the maximum possible number of people on this fair isle. How many is too many?
I told you Marvo, if you want to talk about population density create a thread. You've got a memory like a sieve haven't you?

You could always do us all a favour and remove yourself, that'll be one less.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470