Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I’ve yet to understand who’s turning the food away?
Dont worry - everything will be OK. As all of the nurses and doctors are leaving the NHS to return to their countries of origin, the food banks will be empty now, so you should be able to queue up and get plenty of free rations. Amazon will be doing drone drops to quell the riots, but you will need to be careful as when you are injured, there will be no doctors and nurses to treat you as they are all in Poland, Hungary, Austria, Germany, France and Italy, which is where all of the doctors and nurses come from

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Will Holly be there?

I think she is absolutely wonderful. Total airhead but seems a really nice person. Anyone who marries her will have their hands full dealing with the gaps in her education, knowledge and common sense, but I bet they will have a great life together! :cool:

I noted two things on the news today.
1. Ryan air has rejected a call from the CAA (Presumably the one covered by the the EU one, that we can't control) over passenger air compensation for strike action intended. Ryan air has said it wont comply with that as the EU lets it off the hook. This could get good if Ryanair gets grounded here for non compliance- presumably of rules imposed under the EU.
2 We have no trade deal with America, we still trade. The EU having denuded us of the major competition we had is now content to let motoring firms call the shots. Glad I don't have to decide to buy a new car:-D. I've got two and they're both Rover. win win

I think she is absolutely wonderful. Total airhead but seems a really nice person. Anyone who marries her will have their hands full dealing with the gaps in her education, knowledge and common sense, but I bet they will have a great life together! :cool:
Daddy’s trust fund will come in helpful though and I bet she’s a beast in the sack.

Oh when the right Banker comes along...........she'll be all establishment

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Obviously. Members get better a better deal than non-members.
It has been the case for every club or membership organisation since they were first created.

The problem the UK has on Brexit as pointed out by Major this morning is that when the UK leaves the EU the UK also leaves 50 trade deals the EU has.
That is a very simplistic view.

What if membership of the club results in levels of taxation (corporation tax, VAT etc) and regulation that burden UK business and render them less competitive on the world stage.?

What if the club is planning further political and financial integration that would require you sign over power of attorney over some of your affairs (in plain language requiring Westminster to transfer power to Brussels).

What is the financial system used by the club (the euro) has serious structural flaws and will result in a full or partial failure in the next recession?

What if the club is a protectionist organisation that is going to result in a trade war with the US with Trump imposing retaliatory tariffs for the protectionist tariffs that the EU uses to keep competitors out of the single market.

What is the club has a policy - the Common Agricultural Policy - that keeps food prices above world levels, meaning we all pay more than we need to for our food?

In those circumstances, maybe the UK is better off outside of the club.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile:

Government's pro-EU publicity blitz gave Remain an unfair advantage in the referendum, report suggests
A£ 9.3m pro-EU publicity blitz by David Cameron's government in the run-up to the Brexit referendum gave the Remain side an unfair advantage, the like of which should be outlawed in future votes, an independent commission has suggested.

In a major report, a cross-party panel called for a significant extension of restrictions banning ministers from using unlimited amounts of public money in favour of one side of a debate before the final month of a campaign.
The establishment tried to rig the vote - unfortunately the electorate gave them two fingers.

The establishment is now trying to sabotage Brexit.

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You are taking to a bloke that called interest rates correctly for 10 years
Hardly relevant though fascinating I admit. Was it an annual announcement or a monthly one as to the rise and fall of interest rates. You’ve hardly been overworked this last few years.

Once again Boris PM by September and Rees Mogg Chancellor by October?
That’s what you’re saying?
I disagree.

And despite backing Argentina in the World Cup.

I’ll take that £20 a head to the site charity. Payable to hols for heroes on 30th Sept for Boris and 31st October for William.
Should either appear in their chosen role.