Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Suggest learning that being 'economical with the truth' regarding access to data makes you look like you're fibbing.

I'm glad you've finally accepted that we'll get access to the same data we always have.

You demonstrate all the bluster of the John G masterclass, but I reckon he could still grind you down.
Economical with the truth would be inventing a quotation Dan. You do get that?

<Sigh...>It'll be this one Dan, have you forgotten already?
It was a question(indicated by the question mark), and an observation, based on your assertion that "there would be no access to data"
If you're in the business of misunderstanding plain English, getting on a high horse about it and and then blaming others for your misunderstanding I can't help.

Oh come on. You don’t actually think that Cornwall, the farmers. Northern Ireland, Wales and bits of Scotland are going to receive the same sort of Euro funding, only from Westminster.

Fishing and farming communities got a lot of dosh, they’ll be thrilled to know it’s going to continue.
Despite the fact that Gove has said farmers are going to have to earn it.
You’re either wrong or you don’t know a lot about the amount of European funding some places got.
I know a lot about which communities got what.

I also know that what UK gets back is a fraction of what UK puts in.

I also know that a lot of countries get far more per hectare than UK does, and that those countries are met recipients of UK funding.

But it's late and I cannot be bothered to regurgitate my post from a while back that goes through it.

Dear me. Again with the selective ignorance. You know perfectly well all about Osborne’s delayed cuts and when they were scheduled to take effect.

You truly are an odious snide of a poster.
You're not good at this tolerance thing are you? It was a simple and direct comment. I believe that Osborne intended to spunk some money on infra and relax austerity, doesn't matter now, we've got more austerity and tax rises ahead.

Pro EU newspaper posts anti brexit story that it can’t verify. quelle surprise.

Here’s some more.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

BBC News | TALKING POINT | Should Britain join the euro?

Now, if the U.K. economy is loosing so much money now, why has it not cost me a penny yet? I don’t know anybody who has lost their job over it? I know know business that is struggling because of it? In fact, all evidence points to brexit so far having no impact whatsoever other than those people Who don’t want us to leave the EU peddling economic horror story’s that don’t exist in order for us to try and change our mind.

Last edited:
Barnier over the last two years has been Brexiteers best advertisement for leaving the EU
Or not.

He's been the mouthpiece for the MS 27 pointing out that we can't have a better set of circumstances without than within.

The less emotive thoughtful sections of the electorate who don't get their views on the outside world from the Daily Express will realise that they were sold leave on an entirely false set of promises.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dominic Raab with his first major interview since replacing Davis starts off making the right noises IMO. He is starting off by reiterating that we don't pay the 'divorce settlement' if the EU refuse to come up with a deal. I personally think it was a mistake just to put the money on the table with very few strings attached which has allowed Barnier to bexso truculent.

It is good to be up front with reminding them that the money is predicated on a deal, although the BBC are reporting it as money we owe, what bollox! Hammond also says that he sees no reason for not paying it. He will not last the change of PM coming up and it won't be him in the top job.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Or not.

He's been the mouthpiece for the MS 27 pointing out that we can't have a better set of circumstances without than within.

The less emotive thoughtful sections of the electorate who don't get their views on the outside world from the Daily Express will realise that they were sold leave on an entirely false set of promises.
Bollox. If he is the mouthpiece of the EU, why have they put him back in his box everytime a decision has had to be taken? I think the MS are leaving him there purely as the French are pushing this, there has been plenty of evidence that other MS are not too happy with him. I think Barnier has been the mouthpiece of the EU Commission who in turn have been keeping the lid on the MS, I am not convinced they will continue to be successful in that.

This brings a faint smile to my face every time that I read it. I vaguely remember it from school and thanks to Grump's output it must be approaching "remaniac" as the no1 choice for belittling remainers. It prompted me to see what the urban dictionary says about it and the first entry was:

"Thought to originate in the Victorian Era meaning a lower-class foreigner"

Now that made be laugh. Who would have thought that Grumpy is of a suitable age and outlook to use such an insult?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This brings a faint smile to my face every time that I read it. I vaguely remember it from school and thanks to Grump's output it must be approaching "remaniac" as the no1 choice for belittling remainers. It prompted me to see what the urban dictionary says about it and the first entry was:

"Thought to originate in the Victorian Era meaning a lower-class foreigner"

Now that made be laugh. Who would have thought that Grumpy is of a suitable age and outlook to use such an insult?
Still with the ad homs GCO, nothing substantive to bring to the forum, as usual? Pity you couldn't put that huge brain ( :rolleyes: ) to better use and seeing how Brexit is such a great opportunity for Britain.

Still with the ad homs GCO, nothing substantive to bring to the forum, as usual? Pity you couldn't put that huge brain ( :rolleyes: ) to better use and seeing how Brexit is such a great opportunity for Britain.
It's a fair point and one day I hope to contribute such consistently wise, far-sighted, open minded and well considered posts as yours Auld-Yin.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's a fair point and one day I hope to contribute such consistently wise, far-sighted, open minded and well considered posts as yours Auld-Yin.
I wish you well in your self appointed task! May the Force be with you! :hug:

Dominic Raab with his first major interview since replacing Davis starts off making the right noises IMO. He is starting off by reiterating that we don't pay the 'divorce settlement' if the EU refuse to come up with a deal. I personally think it was a mistake just to put the money on the table with very few strings attached which has allowed Barnier to bexso truculent.

It is good to be up front with reminding them that the money is predicated on a deal, although the BBC are reporting it as money we owe, what bollox! Hammond also says that he sees no reason for not paying it. He will not last the change of PM coming up and it won't be him in the top job.
Some of it is money we owe. But it’s a nice reminder to Brussels that they can only have it when they stop acting like a petulant child.

As for the early comment that Barnier is the mouthpiece of the Member States, we all know that the Barnier is the mouthpiece of Brussels.

As we’re seeing now, Ireland is being told what to say.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470