Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Such a shame that’s is the small businesses, the backbone of UK plc, that find EUtopia such a ballsache to trade with.
They don't though. You're at it.

Such a shame that’s is the small businesses, the backbone of UK plc, that find EUtopia such a ballsache to trade with.
On the contrary. We are a small business (<10 people) it is just that we don't deal with back street garages but companies staffed with professionals from 1 to many thousands of people. Thinking about it even the 1 man outfits we deal with in Europe speak good English and have paperwork in English but as I said they are not mechanics working in back street garages.

Having lived and worked in both Europe and the US (Silicon valley) I find the US has a lot less understanding of the rest of the world than anyone in Europe.

That explains why you don't understand. A hobby business with a few car parts. .

The ‘hobby’ classic car businesses that are worth @£6 Billion to UK plc and have a global footprint.

Meanwhile over in EUtopia, Brussels is trying to legislate classic cars out of existence.

and wooooooosh- missed the point-if anything he got it from me.
I apologise and grovel profusely, your greatness. I hadn't realised you were so important that a Secretary of State would hang on your every word and recall such wisdom 20 years after your profound utterance.

Last edited:
Having lived and worked in both Europe and the US (Silicon valley) I find the US has a lot less understanding of the rest of the world than anyone in Europe.

Fendt, big German outfit, you May have heard if it, followed the route of a number of other German firms and required all its staff to learn English... have a think about that with your EUrofixated colossal brain.

Fendt, big German outfit, you May have heard if it, followed the route of a number of other German firms and required all its staff to learn English... have a think about that with your EUrofixated colossal brain.
Your point being? Other than it is easy to work with European companies as they learn English? Actually AFAIK all professionals in Europe speak English at least I have not come across any who don't. A lot of the clerical staff also as English seems to be the main Pan European language. (which pisses off the French :) )

BTW £6Bn is a drop in the ocean compared to the industries that do work pan European and don't want Brexit .

Bring it on, with a much more informed electorate. If a further referendum returns the same result, so be it, but many either didn't vote or voted without any understanding of the magnitude or impact of what they were doing originally (because Remain ran such a poor (if apparently expensive) information campaign).

Seriously, how do you know why people voted the way they did?

I don't care if you're remain or brexit, no one knows the reasons another votes the way they did or why they didn't vote at all unless you ask them individually. Did you do that?

Bring it on, with a much more informed electorate. If a further referendum returns the same result, so be it, but many either didn't vote or voted without any understanding of the magnitude or impact of what they were doing originally (because Remain ran such a poor (if apparently expensive) information campaign).

Barnier over the last two years has been Brexiteers best advertisement for leaving the EU

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Without wishing to be melodramatic, 9/11 changed border security for good. The halcyon days of being waved through or stamped in without a second thought have disappeared forever...
Woke up one morning. The Ex is freaking out.
‘What’s up now’
‘ I’ve missed my plane’.
‘Balls, it’s 7 am’.
‘It should have been yesterday’.
Don’t laugh. Don’t laugh.
A ton of phone calls. ‘You’re in luck skid, massive plane crash yesterday. The place is empty, get her up, we’ll get her a seat’.

After 9/11 everything went down the pan. Air travel used to be fun (except for sky vans).

I don't care if you're remain or brexit, no one knows the reasons another votes the way they did or why they didn't vote at all unless you ask them individually. Did you do that?

One of the most ardent Remainers at work didn’t vote in the referendum.... he was busy away on holiday. Appatebtky that’s the advantage of such a high level of edukashun, postal ballots escape you.

And the only feasible way to ask them individually is by a 2nd referendum. My point of view is only through my observation of the reaction of individuals interviewed in the media, along with places like Grimsby which voted to leave but now (apparently) still wants their EU subsidy. I think many sleep-walked into the referendum, though ignorance, indolence or flag-waving ideology (be that pro- or anti-EU). I think (and feel free to disagree, as I'm sure many will) that the consequences (and vision) of a post-Brexit UK are much better known by the electorate now than they were in 2016, so a 2nd referendum (which also told us how we'll leave the EU, rather than simply that we would) is justified, logical and could also be a unifying rather than divisive exercise for a currently deeply divided nation.

Last edited:
That explains why you don't understand. A hobby business with a few car parts. .

I work with major companies in Defence, Aerospace and Automotive. Europe is a LOT easier to deal with than the US. All the Europeans we work with work in English (but then none of them are back street garages)

Europe IS open for business as many of the companies we deal with are pan European (that includes the UK). SO once you get out of the cottage industries to the professional sectors dealing with Europe is a breeze.

I also note that it is the professioals who were pro remain and the less educated (mechanics? ) who voted leave.
I'd rather listen to the smaller businesses.

Does that mean Europe is open for business?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470