Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I read the article. It doesn't change @Baglock's incorrect stance that the EU countries don't see Brexit as that big of a deal. They do. As a quick scan of any European news source will tell you.
It's only a concern in that they're hunkering down and making the necessary preparations for a no deal, unlike the UK.

It's not a big enough deal for the Europeans to bend over and give the UK a better deal externally as a 3rd country.

That has unfortunate connotations...
Unfortunate consequences for high tech, suggested London to an AI dev in April when in Berlin. She just snorted in a "aye sure" kind of way and rolled her eyes.

We need to remain attractive and accessible. Sure we can draught in Indians but they bring their own issues, especially with the "immigration paid no part in my vote" posters who then post about immigration on other threads.

It's all clear now, thanks.

I was thrown when you stated there'd be no access to EU data bases.

Now we'll rely on liaison to access EU data bases, sounds a bit (a lot) different to no access.

Thanks for pointing out the difference.
You've confused databases with data. HTH.

Does bolded font make it easier for you to understand? I can do it if you want. Doe sthis help?
1532171937086.png

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-database-and-data

So we'll not get to access how the data is stored and manage cross referenced searches and the like. We'll have to ask officer Klutz our ILO, who isn't in today because he trapped in Heaven...

You can't find any posts from me saying "there would be no access to data" can you? Even though you put it in quotes to imply that was what I said. Glad we have that sorted though. Always happy to help.

I see, so therefore that's reciprocal is it so our SIGNINT etc should no longer be shared with the EU. Excellent. How long before we can bring what's left of our forces on the continent back home too.
We'll do what we choose to do, we're bringing our forces back, there's even a thread about it.

What we choose to do within our NATO remit is down to the politicians, since we're trying to get the smaller states onside diplomatically I suspect we'll up our activities. HTH

I read the article. It doesn't change @Baglock's incorrect stance that the EU countries don't see Brexit as that big of a deal. They do. As a quick scan of any European news source will tell you.
It's not as big as your favourite publications would have you believe.

From the arch button masher who is the single largest pusher of buttons. I would give examples but he restricts views of his profile, wonder what he is scared of.
Why the feck anyone would have anything in their profile is a mystery...

The very obvious subtext here is that young Jacek and his friends perceive that there will not be many opportunities for them in the UK in future...
yep. Which is why, contrary to @Baglock's delusions, the EU people AND news are talking about Brexit. They are realising that they are losing a pretty good member of their little club. Who was also one of the net contributors, a minority of members.

There is a key difference though and that is the totemic nature of free movement in Eastern Europe. I am married to an Eastern European, who whilst not an EU national, is obsessed with the idea of travel. Ecomonics deprived her and politics deprived her parents.
My missus is an EU Eastern European who is currently working as an EMT on the ambulances in Dublin and I'm currently working in a non-EU Eastern European country! I think it's about having a "get up and go" attitude, something that seems to be lacking in a lot of the youth of the UK! Shame really because without that they are going to get even harder hit when it all goes down the drain!

My missus is an EU Eastern European who is currently working as an EMT on the ambulances in Dublin and I'm currently working in a non-EU Eastern European country! I think it's about having a "get up and go" attitude, something that seems to be lacking in a lot of the youth of the UK! Shame really because without that they are going to get even harder hit when it all goes down the drain!
hopefully brexit will sort that out. How are you working in a non-EU country? I thought that without the enlightenment of the EU that sort of thing can't happen?

hopefully brexit will sort that out. How are you working in a non-EU country? I thought that without the enlightenment of the EU that sort of thing can't happen?
Yes rickets and scurvy are good motivators!

In a system outside of both that of the country I'm in and that of the EU, not relevant in this case whatsoever!

E2A actually getting this job is part of my Brexit proofing strategy! I'm quite looking forward to a "hard brexit" these days, deckchair and popcorn are ready! :D

Last edited:
If it is any consolation . . . the humiliation of seeing the UK's and PMTM negotiating positions slip-sliding-away, makes me very prepared to support a UK (eventual) decision to just walk away, and persue a "Hard BREXIT".

If one were to view the situation positively, one might conclude that the Govt were/are - in fact - preparing us, positioning us, for that very outcome!! . . . the Govt being able to turn round and justifiably say "We tried everything. We were reasonable. We have no alternative"!

;) .
I've had that feeling from the outset.

Baggy, think about which British military aircraft are manufactured by Boeing and then think about all the investment that they are making in the UK to provide deep engineering support to those aircraft. It runs a long way north of tens of millions. If we buy the E-7 Wedgetail it will get even bigger...

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It's all clear now, thanks.

I was thrown when you stated there'd be no access to EU data bases.

Now we'll rely on liaison to access EU data bases, sounds a bit (a lot) different to no access.

Thanks for pointing out the difference.
Then all we have to do is wait until someone finishes their lunch and not expect anything in a hurry in August. I’m sure they’ll get a move on for a third country.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
yep. Which is why, contrary to @Baglock's delusions, the EU people AND news are talking about Brexit. They are realising that they are losing a pretty good member of their little club. Who was also one of the net contributors, a minority of members.
Shit, I should’ve gone for a bigger discount on the beemer. Although it wasn’t particularly obvious that they were desperate or immensely grateful. I’ll keep an eye on it, see if the quality of coffee and buns deteriorate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470