Brexit Phase Two - Trade

You misunderstand if you think I'm putting forward an 'argument', straw man or otherwise.

It was a question(indicated by the question mark), and an observation, based on your assertion that "there would be no access to data".

Are you now saying there will be access to data?

You can do better, surely.
Interesting quote Dan.

"there would be no access to data".

Do you have a link to it?

I agree with them and extend it to large sections of the UK population too!
There is a key difference though and that is the totemic nature of free movement in Eastern Europe. I am married to an Eastern European, who whilst not an EU national, is obsessed with the idea of travel. Ecomonics deprived her and politics deprived her parents.

It is true of every country in the EU I would suggest and, in addition, especially of the USA.
It could, which is why I'm not a big fan of referendums but now beside the point.

The very obvious subtext here is that young Jacek and his friends perceive that there will not be many opportunities for them in the UK in future...
They do and are off to Germany. Get back to me in 10 years.

The day we leave the EU we give up 53 trade deals we had by virtue of being a member of the largest trading bloc on earth.

We have bugger all trade negotiating experience and it's going to take decades to attempt to negotiate less favourable trade deals as a far smaller market of 65 million people with shrinking growth and mass unemployment.

Brexit is stupidity championed by the stupid

Interesting quote Dan.

"there would be no access to data".

Do you have a link to it?

You knew that you'd not get access to the Db(s) though, surely? I posted many times on this matter and you must know why we'll not get access as is.

Because we're moving outside of the trusted partners and the important bit, will not be subject to the ECJ for breaches.
No doubt you meant something else.

No doubt you meant something else.
Because it is. Access to Db(s)? A bit different, @History_Man knows what I mean.

For clarity here, I've consistently said for about three years that we'll lose access to databases and will rely on requests through liason officers.

Do you have a point? Apart from seeing something which isn't in front of you?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You do realise the white paper was altered significantly between discussing it with the EU and actually presenting it, don't you?
One change was to stop UK collecting tariffs on behalf of the EU (but expecting EU to collect tariffs on behalf of the UK). Another was to cancel the EU "backstop" proposal for NI and the other two to withdraw from the VAT levels and require new legislation if UK wanted to remain in the CU.
As it was already stated the new proposals would be "dead in the water" before being discussed by the EU then I'm amazed you find it difficult to understand the EU is not in this to give UK all the bits they want without accepting anything the EU wants.
There's cherry picking and there's cherry picking but this was just going to leave the stones on the tree for the EU while UK got the fruit.
You have skipped a few steps: it was discussed with the EU(parts) then presented to Cabinet, resulting in a wave of resignations, followed by a threat to bring down the government by Tories, then changed and re-presented to the EU with amendments.

The thing is, the issues that Barnier is rejecting include those that were not changed between Merkel's approval to submission.

How do you explain that away without placing any blame whatsoever on the EU, which is your normal practice!?

Because it is. Access to Db(s)? A bit different, @History_Man knows what I mean.

For clarity here, I've consistently said for about three years that we'll lose access to databases and will rely on requests through liason officers.

Do you have a point? Apart from seeing something which isn't in front of you?
It's all clear now, thanks.

I was thrown when you stated there'd be no access to EU data bases.

Now we'll rely on liaison to access EU data bases, sounds a bit (a lot) different to no access.

Thanks for pointing out the difference.

It was inevitable. Why do you think I've been kicking off at Johnson's and Mogg's rhetoric? Playing to the gallery at home without due regard to normal diplomacy.

It goes down well with the hard of thinking but it's no way to enter into political negotiations.

Anything which comes under EU data protection laws will be off limits until we have got some kind of agreement which they can trust in place. Even then it'll be limited. I said this umpteen times x 100.
I see, so therefore that's reciprocal is it so our SIGNINT etc should no longer be shared with the EU. Excellent. How long before we can bring what's left of our forces on the continent back home too.

Ever wonder why man-of-many-names is very selective with his links for stuff he posts? He's fundamentally dishonest is why.

View attachment 343187
View attachment 343188
PressReader.com - Zeitungen aus der ganzen Welt

Independent IE playing up for me, a good well balance read
I read the article. It doesn't change @Baglock's incorrect stance that the EU countries don't see Brexit as that big of a deal. They do. As a quick scan of any European news source will tell you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470