Brexit Phase Two - Trade

You knew that you'd not get access to the Db(s) though, surely? I posted many times on this matter and you must know why we'll not get access as is.

Because we're moving outside of the trusted partners and the important bit, will not be subject to the ECJ for breaches.
Obviously rules are rules when it comes to sharing information on databases.

Will the EU refuse to accept information and intelligence from the UK which could prevent loss of life in their MS?

If principles and etiquette are more important than preserving the safety and security of citizens, then they can stand in the coroners court, or equivalent, and undergo the scrutiny.

Best of luck with that.

the Tory leader also said "no technology solution to address these issues has been designed yet or implemented anywhere in the world".

Cobblers, the only issue with any technical solution on the Irish border is the ‘impossibility’ of introducing a system that monitors traffic, while turning a blind eye to the massive cross border fraud that makes many people, especiallly politicians north and south of the border, very rich.

Thank you kindly. I don't claim sympathy, that was how my job panned out. My point was that effectively Britgov would rather pay out billions for idiotic nonsensical claims that deal with prevention. It's not that we couldn't have bigger forces available to LE it's that it's more important to import carers and they have to be cared for.

Grac, I am referring to a different system from that which you perhaps think that I am referring to; in terms of access, we had a direct assurance from the relevant EU Agency that we would continue to maintain both access and input permissions. This has now been superseded by a separate communication, which flies in the face of that. We have equivalent national resources, of course, as well other co-operative international arrangements which will fill the gap quite comfortably but it is disappointing and I suspect that strict reciprocity will become the order of the day.
Perhaps, as appears to be the case with the airlines, it's isurers and lawyers getting twitchy. Hard Brexit at the moment seems to leave vast areas of business and government in either regulatory limbo, or operating in an ambiguous legal environment.

Perhaps, as appears to be the case with the airlines, it's isurers and lawyers getting twitchy. Hard Brexit at the moment seems to leave vast areas of business and government in either regulatory limbo, or operating in an ambiguous legal environment.

And yet, at Farnborough, the aviation trade talking shop, there was none of the hysteria frothing shown by some here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470