Brexit Phase Two - Trade

In my little bit of the process we are getting that vibe; disappointingly, we have been sent some new equipment by the EU, which my colleague has spent all day today installing. The follow-up email stated we would no longer have access to the database that it supports when we leave the EU. This flies in the face of other recent communications which stated that we were required to have this equipment because it would 'directly support our contribution to the ***** programme.' Also, I dealt with a request from the German Bundeskriminalampt (BKA) earlier today too. it seems that with the exception of the European Commission, the rest of the EU would much rather keep us close.
You knew that you'd not get access to the Db(s) though, surely? I posted many times on this matter and you must know why we'll not get access as is.

Because we're moving outside of the trusted partners and the important bit, will not be subject to the ECJ for breaches.

You knew that you'd not get access to the Db though, surely? I posted many times on this matter and you must know why we'll not get access as is.
Grac, I am referring to a different system from that which you perhaps think that I am referring to; in terms of access, we had a direct assurance from the relevant EU Agency that we would continue to maintain both access and input permissions. This has now been superseded by a separate communication, which flies in the face of that. We have equivalent national resources, of course, as well other co-operative international arrangements which will fill the gap quite comfortably but it is disappointing and I suspect that strict reciprocity will become the order of the day.

I agree in principle its wrong, but that is my latest point, that the critics of brexit internal or external have overcooked the point to the extent bitterness is setting in.
Well illustrated by your button-mashing without having the moral courage to argue your point.

Thanks for that eloquent and witty riposte to a reasonable question, reasonably answered by others.

'Profanity is the effort of a feeble brain to express itself forcibly.' - Spencer W. Kimball
My pleasure. I am glad others responded too, although in fairness the subject has been aired any number of times in this very thread.

Grac, I am referring to a different system from that which you perhaps think that I am referring to; in terms of access, we had a direct assurance from the relevant EU Agency that we would continue to maintain both access and input permissions. This has now been superseded by a separate communication, which flies in the face of that. We have equivalent national resources, of course, as well other co-operative international arrangements which will fill the gap quite comfortably but it is disappointing and I suspect that strict reciprocity will become the order of the day.
It was inevitable. Why do you think I've been kicking off at Johnson's and Mogg's rhetoric? Playing to the gallery at home without due regard to normal diplomacy.

It goes down well with the hard of thinking but it's no way to enter into political negotiations.

Anything which comes under EU data protection laws will be off limits until we have got some kind of agreement which they can trust in place. Even then it'll be limited. I said this umpteen times x 100.

Last edited:
Roland Smith explaining a bit more about his change of mind. WTO in particular, everyone ducks it when I ask about our schedules.

It was inevitable. Why do you think I've been kicking off at Johnson's and Mogg's rhetoric? Playing to the gallery at home with due regard to normal diplomacy.

It goes down well with the hard of thinking but it's no way to enter into political negotiations.

Anything which comes under EU data protection laws will be off limits until we have got some kind of agreement which they can trust in place. Even then it'll be limited. I said this umpteen times x 100.
It is nothing to do with GDPR, rather it goes to the heart of Anna Soubry's question 'Who's in charge?' but applied to the EU and not the UK.

It is nothing to do with GDPR, rather it goes to the heart of Anna Soubry's question 'Who's in charge?' but applied to the EU and not the UK.
Who outside the EU has access and under what conditions?

The EEA countries and the Swiss with the same permissions as the UK.
Does this involve the Sch word then? ;-) Does Denmark have full or limited access?

It's going to be a hard sell to the UK public; staying in the EU because of some EU Data protection bureaucracy.

I can just imagine the Smoggies in Teeside agreeing to that one.
I'm not selling anything, I'm explaining why we're not getting access, as predicted many times.

This is also not going away any time soon....

The statement of his former business partner says: “I was finally made aware in October [2015] that in truth, Banks had been dealing with Russians who contemplated investing in the mines…. I was informed by Banks that he had travelled to Russia and discussed with them the diamond opportunities as well as gold mining opportunities in Russia. He further indicated that he would be meeting with the Russians again during November [2015].”

He also claims in the documents that Banks raised money from investors for the mines, but instead put the funds into the Brexit campaign and other interests.

Exclusive: Court documents claim new Arron Banks links with Russia

Guess who were talking pish then?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470