Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Well, it would be illegal under the European Working Time Directive for me to work a 7-day week...
You could opt out. Working too long is fecking stupid and dangerous anyhoo, it actually lowers productivity because you become less effective.

Yeah rest days cancelled, extended/double shifts no OT, working 5/8 Bank holidays, be contracted out by the Government and not told so you don't qualify for the full state pension and find the equal pay act never applied. Now why don't you ask the EU for some more subsidy.
MHPPP

So does the Queen. Can you name me any very, very rich person that doesn't?
And your point is?
No point other than highlighting that tax avoidance goes on on both sides.

Not long back from Lidl. They’ve got Peruvian blueberrys on offer at the moment.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
IMF reckons Ireland is screwed, almost as much as the UK, if we make a clean Brexit...

View attachment 343109

If that's the worst case scenario, at least I'll take some pleasure in that.
Hence my earlier quote from someone who described Brexit as ‘a national spite suicide’

It wasn’t forced upon you, you weren’t attacked by thieves in the night, overrun by overwhelming odds. You voted for this. You won.

If this is a win. God only knows what it would be like if you’d lost.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that Brexit is not simply an ordinary bread and butter issue, where the country is divided by parliamentary parties, but remains united. By not accepting the result, Remain have set a very dangerous precedent and created a Constitutional crisis over the next decade.

If remain win, or more likely have to settle for the softest of soft brexit, how do they expect to sell it to the brexit side ?? of course I know they will do nothing of the sort, why sell it to the filthy old and half-witted northerners, cue a great party in London. But consider this:-

Half of Scotland want out of this disUnited Kingdom.
More than half of England will have to swallow seeing there country crawl in the European muck and become a Satrapy of the Commission. How will that effect voting intentions.
You don't half talk hysterical rot. This government has ignored the other half of the referendum vote and paid attention to the swivel eyed loons, with their red lines and insults of our allies.

The danger of Scotland leaving the Union was raised and dismissed by those like yourself, unable to see past the end of their nose. This could have been used to squash separatism once and for all, instead May has alienated more Scots and more of the English electorate.

Truth is, both sides want an agreement, anyone who spends all of their time bashing people because they have a different point of view doesn't get democracy and how it functions. Your grievance manufacturing speaks volumes, as does your portrait of the UK as a victim.

Do you think that that counter-attitude is being privately articulated directly to Westminster from the Member States? I only ask as a result of something I was party to recently: technical not political.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
It's taken us us until now for us to tell them what we want.

No point other than highlighting that tax avoidance goes on on both sides.

Not long back from Lidl. They’ve got Peruvian blueberrys on offer at the moment.
Shopping in a German store for Peruvian goods which come in because of the EU-Andean trade agreement area.
Tsk, tsk, some on here will be calling you a traitor.

Yeah rest days cancelled, extended/double shifts no OT, working 5/8 Bank holidays, be contracted out by the Government and not told so you don't qualify for the full state pension and find the equal pay act never applied. Now why don't you ask the EU for some more subsidy.
FFS, you were paid for it. I worked Aug90-Jul91 on 6 x 12 and 1 x 18 for shift handover. I worked Feb-May without a day off this year. I agreed to do to it, I didn't have to and you didn't have to work whatever hours you did, you could have jacked the job.

More victims.

Last edited:
You don't half talk hysterical rot. This government has ignored the other half of the referendum vote and paid attention to the swivel eyed loons, with their red lines and insults of our allies.

The danger of Scotland leaving the Union was raised and dismissed by those like yourself, unable to see past the end of their nose. This could have been used to squash separatism once and for all, instead May has alienated more Scots and more of the English electorate.

Truth is, both sides want an agreement, anyone who spends all of their time bashing people because they have a different point of view doesn't get democracy and how it functions. Your grievance manufacturing speaks volumes, as does your portrait of the UK as a victim.
"spends all of their time bashing people because they have a different point of view doesn't get democracy and how it functions". Eh, that's you that is my little emperor.

The perverted pleasure of inflicting not quite as much pain on anyone else as you're inflicting on yourself. You need help.
I agree in principle its wrong, but that is my latest point, that the critics of brexit internal or external have overcooked the point to the extent bitterness is setting in. All May and her delays and smokescreens have created is everybody is now bitter.

IMF reckons Ireland is screwed, almost as much as the UK, if we make a clean Brexit...

View attachment 343109

If that's the worst case scenario, at least I'll take some pleasure in that.
F.F.S. . . . !!

ONLY a 4% fall in UK GDP from a "hard BREXIT".

An INCREASE in GDP = INFLATION . . . and, not so long ago that was in DOUBLE % figures!

A comparatively small adjustment down - negative - is inconsequential!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470