Brexit Phase Two - Trade

A lot of people don't seem to understand that Brexit is not simply an ordinary bread and butter issue, where the country is divided by parliamentary parties, but remains united. By not accepting the result, Remain have set a very dangerous precedent and created a Constitutional crisis over the next decade.

If remain win, or more likely have to settle for the softest of soft brexit, how do they expect to sell it to the brexit side ?? of course I know they will do nothing of the sort, why sell it to the filthy old and half-witted northerners, cue a great party in London. But consider this:-

Half of Scotland want out of this disUnited Kingdom.
More than half of England will have to swallow seeing there country crawl in the European muck and become a Satrapy of the Commission. How will that effect voting intentions.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Why should we pay for free trade?
I don't think there's any such thing. No sooner had the news broke about an exciting new trade deal with india. Before the evening was out, there was some famous Indian demanding a whole load of extra student visas.
And fast tracking to deal with the shortage of Bangladeshi cooks.

Everybody wants something, at least with the eu we had some say in what we wanted and where we wanted to play.
Now there's word of our our agricultural and food export sales on Europe being affected because we couldn't guarantee it to be free from genetic modification.

Presumably that's why the US included in the UK in the high tariffs they places on EU steel and aluminium?
Probably, because in terms of trade we currently fall under the EU umbrella. A bit like 'collective punishment' I suppose!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The European Commission want to screw us over so that no one else will dare leave. I genuinely do not believe that that is the attitude of either the Council of Ministers, the European Parliament or the 27 Member States themselves.
Do you think that that counter-attitude is being privately articulated directly to Westminster from the Member States? I only ask as a result of something I was party to recently: technical not political.

Didn't fancy registering with the paper so only can read the first few paragraphs. Mind I don't think I am missing much if it continues in this vein

Stuck in the UK! ? Are we holding them hostage, not allowing them to go home?

Hmmmm
It gets more interesting, yiu can just link to face ache to read it.

“....Jacek worries that Brexit could become contagious, a massive boost for all sorts of populism, in whatever form that takes, from Hungary to Italy to Austria and on. He, like many others, is sceptical about the anti-immigrant rhetoric from Messers Salvini and Orban. There are more than one million Ukrainian workers working in Poland but, in an expanding country of 40 million, that is not a problem. Young Poles, he says, are much more worried about the "political" future of the EU.

From his home on the outskirts of Paris, another old friend, Catalan journalist Eusebio Val Mitjavila, someone who has worked as a Bonn, Washington and Rome correspondent, shares the concern about Brexit "contagion". France, the French ruling class and French public opinion, obviously, are all desperately worried by the impending Brexit. Media interest is relentless, as evidenced, says Eusebio, by a desperately serious two-hour-long Brexit discussion programme on the mainstream TV channel La Cinq just the night before....”

Which doesn't apply to service UK personnel - no sympathy here.
It does in terms of Drivers Hours. Caused a huge ball ache when first implemented!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don't think there's any such thing. No sooner had the news broke about an exciting new trade deal with india. Before the evening was out, there was some famous Indian demanding a whole load of extra student visas.
And fast tracking to deal with the shortage of Bangladeshi cooks.

Everybody wants something, at least with the eu we had some say in what we wanted and where we wanted to play.
Now there's word of our our agricultural and food export sales on Europe being affected because we couldn't guarantee it to be free from genetic modification.
Anything positive to add or do you just intend carrying on the Remainers negativity trough?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Anything positive to add or do you just intend carrying on the Remainers negativity trough?
Not at all
Here's a quote from JRM, earlier on.
Today's aggressive comments by Messrs Varadkar and Barnier show why we are right to be leaving the mafia-like European Union.

I take take it neither you nor JRM sees the sense in being part of an organisation which ensures it gets the best deal for its members.

Good to know there's an alliance standing behind us, a bit of weight in negotiations.
Something we may miss as a third country.

And what's with all this negativity?. I'm looking for the considerable upside, as I suspect is everyone else.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that Brexit is not simply an ordinary bread and butter issue, where the country is divided by parliamentary parties, but remains united. By not accepting the result uniting their own party position, the Conservatives Remain have set a very dangerous precedent and created a Constitutional crisis over the next decade.
An alternative view.

Well then that has to be good news, it looks as if if they were 5000 people over manned. I don't usually support this idea of the feckless and lazy public sector. But you've just proved their point.

Losing 10,000 which obviously they could do without. Then when their country needs them to protect their coastline, they bring back 5,000.
That means there were 5000 they could do without. And proved it.
Every day really is a school day.
Skid you know F-all.. In '75 as a copper there were 75K coppers around. Now there's 120K. Your lazy public sector has just won bravery awards, There are now fewer squaddies than coppers we have 1.5 million NHS workers who seem to sprouting like topsy who are now picking up the tab for all the drugs/firearms. illegal immigration matters, that can't be dealt with cos there's no staff , we don't know what the population truly is and the NHS is truly 'eroic because the ikkle darlings in this country all need to be cosseted for every pimple rash and hurt feelings.
You should return to school. I recommend it.

'further clarification' is Barnier for 'we wont accept that as is'. He's just to slimy to just say it.

And, Yes, the EU are indeed going for Hard Brexit. They want it all to hurt us, and them, just so they can hold it up as an example to others.
Another victim....

The whining and sense of entitlement is something to behold.

Scheduled rest days , oh to be a civil servant.
Yeah rest days cancelled, extended/double shifts no OT, working 5/8 Bank holidays, be contracted out by the Government and not told so you don't qualify for the full state pension and find the equal pay act never applied. Now why don't you ask the EU for some more subsidy.

Skid you know F-all.. In '75 as a copper there were 75K coppers around. Now there's 120K. Your lazy public sector has just won bravery awards, There are now fewer squaddies than coppers we have 1.5 million NHS workers who seem to sprouting like topsy who are now picking up the tab for all the drugs/firearms. illegal immigration matters, that can't be dealt with cos there's no staff , we don't know what the population truly is and the NHS is truly 'eroic because the ikkle darlings in this country all need to be cosseted for every pimple rash and hurt feelings.
You should return to school. I recommend it.

Real population? Mid 80 millions.

What's the difference between reading a journalist's opinion on Twitter and their opinion on the website of whichever media outlet they work for?
He still uses cuneiform and clay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470