Brexit Phase Two - Trade

"We are not going to negotiate on the basis of the White Paper because that's the British paper but we could use many elements of the White Paper," said Mr Barnier.

Is it just me or is this sounding more and more like a one sided negotiation? It's the EU way or no way by my understanding of that statement.

Well then that has to be good news, it looks as if if they were 5000 people over manned. I don't usually support this idea of the feckless and lazy public sector. But you've just proved their point.

Losing 10,000 which obviously they could do without. Then when their country needs them to protect their coastline, they bring back 5,000.
That means there were 5000 they could do without. And proved it.
Every day really is a school day.
Stop embarrassing yourself talking about something of which you know nothing. Leo and I have spent more time on our scheduled rest days than you have crossing borders and understanding how controls work.

"We are not going to negotiate on the basis of the White Paper because that's the British paper but we could use many elements of the White Paper," said Mr Barnier.

Is it just me or is this sounding more and more like a one sided negotiation? It's the EU way or no way by my understanding of that statement.
The European Commission want to screw us over so that no one else will dare leave. I genuinely do not believe that that is the attitude of either the Council of Ministers, the European Parliament or the 27 Member States themselves.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Here we have it, Mrs May's policy in now officially f*cked. The state newspaper of the EU has now declared that "Barnier dismisses Theresa May's Brexit white paper demands".

Barnier dismisses Theresa May's Brexit white paper demands

So that is it, over, finished, never to be spoken of again. It is a dead white paper, deceased, is no more, has ceased to be, is bereft of life, it rests in peace, this is an ex-white paper(copyright M Python Esq).

No doubt in a few days Cabinet Ministers will be summoned to Chequers again so they can hand in their mobile phones to teacher and rip up their taxi cards while the milk monitor, Olly Robbins, will hand them another bit of satirical fiction. This will swiftly be followed by a series of resignations from government and a series of votes in Parliament, some of which the government may just win - or not!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Jeez, has it taken you this long to work that out? :rolleyes:

Don't forget the EU have stated they don't want to punish us!

No doubt in a few days Cabinet Ministers will be summoned to Chequers again so they can hand in their mobile phones to teacher and rip up their taxi cards while the milk monitor, Olly Robbins, will hand them another bit of satirical fiction. This will swiftly be followed by a series of resignations from government and a series of votes in Parliament, some of which the government may just win - or not!
I expect that he got his bonus now in the expectation that a new PM might not be so inclined to sign off on it...

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Individual countries may perhaps get excited about this and that. I read somewhere that WTO tariff on cheese is £1000 a ton. Bring it on!

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Didn't fancy registering with the paper so only can read the first few paragraphs. Mind I don't think I am missing much if it continues in this vein
Brexit is a vital question in Poland, it is not just an academic consideration. "We have 700,000 Poles stuck in the UK and, when Britain leaves, ,.......
Stuck in the UK! ? Are we holding them hostage, not allowing them to go home?

Hmmmm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470