Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I don't doubt. However, the original statement was that "the majority of voters*" voted to leave. Clearly the majority of voters didn't.

*As in, the total number of people registered/eligible to vote (if they could be bothered).
Definition of "voter". Someone who votes. Not someone who might have voted if they were not washing their hair.

Is that the UK Automotive industry comprising of Nissan and Toyota who have already threatened to move to the EU from the UK on Brexit?

Or the Tata owned JLR that gets a large amount of it's parts from European companies?

Looks to me like this EU-Japan deal will render the UK superfluous for Japan after Brexit. I think you will find a lot of industries inthe same boat.

the Worlds 2nd largest economy will do a deal rendering the worlds 10th largest economy (who's main customer was the worlds 2nd largest) some what superflous.

Done come out with all the crap that the UK is the world's 5th largest economy that was before the Brexit referendum. Since them the UK has slipped and with major industries like Airbus, Niussan, Toyota and others Brexiting the UK will be hard pressed to stay 10th.

Say goodby to being on the G7/8 and having bugger all influence inthe G20 as we have no friends to get together with.

PS Are Rolls Royce, Bentley, Dailmer etc UK owned or European?
That is why I don’t usually bother engaging with your oft repeated bluster. Read my post again carefully Einstein. I was referring to the large market HERE to sell into .the one that is important enough that when BMW sounded off a couple of weeks ago at the appointed time on Blair and co’s play sheet.
There was a hastily published retraction within 48 hours when I assume the marketing department pointed out how much damage they would do to BMW’s carefully crafted image and therefore future sales.
Fighting for a bigger share of the market here has nothing to do with the rest of your oft repeated assertions.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Two days in Northern Ireland, meeting the political parties. TMs earning her crust. She'll be happy to get back to Westminster for the peace and quiet.

The loss of Paisley junior as a DUP supporter for crucial votes may be a bit of a headache.

I never doubted it in the first place, it's the French Game plan.
And not Germany's? I don't dispute that the French want us out - they never really wanted us in in the first place - but they will will quite happily pursue a bilateral relationship with us afterwards. German-style adherence to the rules is not the way that things are done in France!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
At least Brexits creating some employment
Acc to Tom Baker MP
The latest insane #Brexit news. HMRC are having to recruit upto 5000 more customs officers. That £200 million per year could have been spent on 5000 more nurses or police officers. #FB
I'm only surprised they haven't privatised it yet.

The Independent, which is hardly a Brexit paper, is a bit more blunt in its analysis of Barnier's statement. The BBC, being mainly Remain and paid a fairly substantial bung by Brussels, were obviously being kind to Barnier.

EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier takes apart Theresa May’s Chequers white paper plan
"Legally feasible", that's interesting, what part of the CU isn't legally feasible? Or in the EU's (French) interest is more like it. The only issue with a CU is taxes paid. Or the single market which basically means no controls on any one. We all know how the EU struggles to control what it say's it's responsible for.

At least Brexits creating some employment
Acc to Tom Baker MP
The latest insane #Brexit news. HMRC are having to recruit upto 5000 more customs officers. That £200 million per year could have been spent on 5000 more nurses or police officers. #FB
I'm only surprised they haven't privatised it yet.
Yes, we got rid of about 10 000, which didn't get translated to NHS spending,- but don't bother about facts

And not Germany's? I don't dispute that the French want us out - they never really wanted us in in the first place - but they will will quite happily pursue a bilateral relationship with us afterwards. German-style adherence to the rules is not the way that things are done in France!
H-M No funnily enough they don't. Paradoxically they need us on side against French plans-But of course the Germans got stuffed with the reunification- the price was the Euro, the issue is that if we get a Francophile EU controlling the Euro purse strings- the Germans are really are really going to take a haircut, the Greeks and Italians will revel in that, but it could be catastrophic for Europe. It's the undercurrents you have to watch here. Brexit will be bad news for Germany. Yup they've talked up European friendship, but it comes at a price.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, we got rid of about 10 000, which didn't get translated to NHS spending,- but don't bother about facts
Well then that has to be good news, it looks as if if they were 5000 people over manned. I don't usually support this idea of the feckless and lazy public sector. But you've just proved their point.

Losing 10,000 which obviously they could do without. Then when their country needs them to protect their coastline, they bring back 5,000.
That means there were 5000 they could do without. And proved it.
Every day really is a school day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470