Brexit Phase Two - Trade

No agenda on display from the interviewer then?

When brexit is done and dusted and considered successful, which I don't think is all that far away, I wonder how many of these pundits denigrating anything brexit will resign, change career or even go on air apologising. I will take a guess at Nil !

Maybe once Brexit has come into being some posters on Arrse will disappear in the same vein as Crepello disappeard shortly after the referendum after confidently predicting a Remain win.
Interviewers interview. HTH

I'm sure your colleagues in the Light Brigade appreciated your positive outlook at Balaclava.

Saying we won't have access to a database sounds so much more dramatic than saying we won't have direct access to a database, but will have to rely on a point of contact to get the same data.

I'm sure you didn't intend to dramatise your point. HTH.
I'm sure you didn't intend to misquote and go off on one as well Dan, then fail to acknowledge that you'd misquoted.

This will not dampen any gussets of the hardliners...

And Boris Johnson showed he can still write a stirring speech, but it failed to stir as many as the 48 of his colleagues needed to launch a challenge to her leadership. It is suggested that about 40 of them have written letters to Sir Graham Brady, the chair of the 1922 Committee. The true figure may be about half that, with the most telling detail being Simon Clarke, a Tory backbencher who was one of the TV doughnut of supporters around Johnson for his speech, and who then went to the meeting of the 1922 to announce that he had withdrawn his letter.

'The Tory split is not Leavers versus Remainers any more, it’s dealers versus no-dealers'

Goes on to discuss the split now being between dealers and no-dealers then looks a the mathematics of any vote.

We’ll just ignore the fact LHR is a main global transportation hub and all that cross Atlantic flying malarkey.
Not ignored at all. There are other hubs though Schipol, CDG and Frankfurt amongst others. Operators know that this time next year those three will still be part of both the intra EU and EU/US open skies agreements. They know under what regulatory regime those nations will be operating under.

In addition UK airports have historically had some of the highest charges in Europe.

There won’t be. The only people peddling hysteria our remainders with no experience in the sector
Definitely business as usual in the defence sector.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You do realise the white paper was altered significantly between discussing it with the EU and actually presenting it, don't you?
One change was to stop UK collecting tariffs on behalf of the EU (but expecting EU to collect tariffs on behalf of the UK). Another was to cancel the EU "backstop" proposal for NI and the other two to withdraw from the VAT levels and require new legislation if UK wanted to remain in the CU.
As it was already stated the new proposals would be "dead in the water" before being discussed by the EU then I'm amazed you find it difficult to understand the EU is not in this to give UK all the bits they want without accepting anything the EU wants.
There's cherry picking and there's cherry picking but this was just going to leave the stones on the tree for the EU while UK got the fruit.
There's also negotiation; and publicly there doesn't seem to be too much of that going on. Whether or not the public-facing message is down to bloody-mindedness or the fact that actual constructive negotiations are going on behind the scenes remains to be seen.

I'm talking about defence and security as a whole; of which military aviation is but a part.

And you are incorrect if you think that EU regulation does not apply in Defence.

Probably because military aviation is neither regulated by EU agencies, nor subject to EU international treaties.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

When brexit is done and dusted and considered successful, which I don't think is all that far away, I wonder how many of these pundits denigrating anything brexit will resign, change career or even go on air apologising. I will take a guess at Nil !

Maybe once Brexit has come into being some posters on Arrse will disappear in the same vein as Crepello disappeard shortly after the referendum after confidently predicting a Remain win.

Well we’ll definitely be rid of a load of brexiters by the time. If, (Channeling my inner Kipling) by the time, Brexit happens.

Well we’ll definitely be rid of a load of brexiters by the time. If, (Channeling my inner Kipling) by the time, Brexit happens.
Bad man....we'll not know the outcome for fifty years or so....where's your dumb peasant trust in your master's word?

And Alsacien, PBUH

Sourbery really is barking....

'Since the referendum, the forces of darkness have taken over and they have continued to take over and this week if there was ever any doubt who was running this government it was quashed.'

The ‘Forces of Darkness’?

Not ignored at all. There are other hubs though Schipol, CDG and Frankfurt amongst others. Operators know that this time next year those three will still be part of both the intra EU and EU/US open skies agreements. They know under what regulatory regime those nations will be operating under.

In addition UK airports have historically had some of the highest charges in Europe.

Heathrow CEO John Holland-Kaye said:​

“Surging trade, more domestic connections and more long-haul growth are the bedrock of the UK’s economy. According to John, today’s figures put Britain in a strong position as the Government begins Brexit negotiations and underline the unique role Heathrow plays as the nation’s global gateway.​
Our expansion plans will give Britain the tools to do even better. We’ll double our domestic connections and add up to 40 new long-haul trading links, making the UK the best connected country on earth”.​

Definitely business as usual in the defence sector.

And power generation. There’s been a few ups and downs but they’re normal market related.

As I say, we’ve gone through a non related brexit down turn. Gone the voluntary redundancy route and lost a lot of poles who have been here for 5 plus years. They’ve taken the VR and gone back to Poland. Not because they were scared of brexit, but because we have them 3 months wages minimum severance pay and wage rates have increased in Poland so they wanted to go back any way. They were only over here to make some money and had no intention of staying. Some really great guys and I wish them and all of their families the best in future.

Equally, a lot of Poles have stayed as they see the U.K. as their home now and half bought houses and settled their kids. Equally great guys.

I wouldn’t say it’s left us with a skills shortage as most of them were doing semi skilled jobs. It’s more of an experience gap than a skills gap. But it’s also realised on the senior management team that we’ve been chucking cheap labour at problems rather than addr swing the core problems. Mainly down to some seriously piss poor homegrown management.

End result, new technology is being invested in to increase productivity, we’re beginning to pay our guys on the shop floor more money as we’re realising the importance of human capital versus cheap migrant labour and we’re actually gaining market share against our competitors.

Brexit hasn’t even been mentioned. Partly because we operate globally, so we realise as a company that exporting outside of the EU isn’t as scary as people think. The additional costs for us is an entire 1 page of A4 paper form for customs that takes the grand total of 2 minutes to fill in per shipment.

There’s onviously knock on impacts to the surrounding area. Rents have had to be lowered a bit on residential properties meaning it’s a bit easier for those who haven’t been able to afford to save up for a home being able to start saving for their first homes.

Heathrow CEO John Holland-Kaye said:​

“Surging trade, more domestic connections and more long-haul growth are the bedrock of the UK’s economy. According to John, today’s figures put Britain in a strong position as the Government begins Brexit negotiations and underline the unique role Heathrow plays as the nation’s global gateway.​
Our expansion plans will give Britain the tools to do even better. We’ll double our domestic connections and add up to 40 new long-haul trading links, making the UK the best connected country on earth”.​
BoJo's going to stop expansion by lying down in front of the bulldozers. It muse be true, he said so.