Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Not really just offer to revoke the 1920’s treaty ( unfettered acess, being able to vote here etc.) for a start.
Despite most of the garbage spouted by fools here, Southern Ireland’s Buisness really really needs trade with U.K., ( for now) to keep its agricultural show on the road, we never have been kissy kissy since that twat de Valera ran their little priest ridden backwater. It didn’t stop trade, ( apart from in the mid 1930’s when they spectacularly picked a fight with Baldwin over agricultural mortgage debit which resulted in U.K. imposing a 20% tariffs on Irish beef for 2 and a bit years) .That crippled Irish cattle farming and cost the. Irish £10 million then to settle.
A little reminder that if we are independent we will remember who our friends are, might not go amiss.
I think you’ll find we’re dealing with a d
You’ll need a good memory. So now we were voting for independence, I thought it was to leave the Eu.

How exactly does this independence manifest itself?

Let’s threaten and demean our neighbours and closest trading partners. Let’s find an even better and more comprehensive trading deal than the one we currently enjoy with the Eu.

I’m really looking forward to that one. If we can’t better the current set up, then why are we leaving. What’s the point, other than a hugely expensive mistake.

When you think about it Michael Bloomberg famously described Brexit, as. the ‘single stupidest thing any country has ever done’.

If brexits a stupid idea. Maybe joining it in the first place wasn’t too clever.
Going into the ERM, linking sterling, that went well and the second Iraq war.

We outdo the Irish on stupid things we’ve done. We are in no position to lecture others on their behaviour and haven’t been for a very long time.
It’s getting to be the brexiter mentality, it’s someone else’s fault.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Nah, like the brexiteers will be largely gone in 20 or so years...

YouGov | How Britain Voted

Of course the low educated can be dazzled by a pied Piper like Nigel

View attachment 342973
Thats a bit of a skewed chart, of course the older generation have less formal education standard. The reasons for this are as follows:-
A) a university education was, on average, a thing for the well off rather than all and sundry.
B) you didn't have a Govt prone to throwing uni education at the masses via Mickey Mouse degrees (Not that all are)
C) you're talking about baby boomers, the ones who built this country after the war years through going out and working in meaningful employment, not as chuggers or leafleteers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Really? And how have you established that fact? Did you go round and ask them personally?

You're just guessing.

By the same logic you apply, all governments should be out of power after two years as mid-term blues mean they no longer have the support of many of the people that voted for them in the GE.

Wordsmith

Again, May’s really lucky to have such a pathetic opposition. Anything half competent would be miles ahead in the polls.

And as for the last GE, widely regarded as a disaster (making Corbyn look electable) she asked for a mandate to pacify the hard brexiters.
The people didn’t like it and didn’t get it. There’s no doubt the people have moved on, she’s hanging in there. Supported by the wreckage of UKIP and the DUP.

Take a look around.

My opinion based on polling and interviews, is full brexit versus love of the EU is around 1.5, 2 - 1 in favour of out. That accounts for around 55% of the population, leaving a sizable minority of swing voters, don't know, understand or care.

Similarly, on the wider question of remain, soft, full out the polling suggests remain will narrowly lead over soft and combined beat a full brexit. However, the polling question is been asked, when one isn't as yet in the offing.

People don't take kindly been asked twice and a large stubborn streak exists in the UK Soul and nobody can predict what will happen. I am surprised May hasn't took the easy route with a likely expected result. Maybe she recalls a GE and the last referendum on people doing unexpected things when patriotism is invoked.
You'll have sources you pulled that 1.5 2-1 in favour of out from? Other than your hoop?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Thats a bit of a skewed chart, of course the older generation have less formal education standard. The reasons for this are as follows:-
A) a university education was, on average, a thing for the well off rather than all and sundry.
B) you didn't have a Govt prone to throwing uni education at the masses via Mickey Mouse degrees (Not that all are)
C) you're talking about baby boomers, the ones who built this country after the war years through going out and working in meaningful employment, not as chuggers or leafleteers.

Isn’t that the full employment and highly educated workforce our government are so very proud of.
You have to admit it was a work of genius. I got paid to go, twice. Nowadays if you’re right, these people paid small fortunes for something largely worthless.

We were at Queens yesterday (big uni. Belfast). It’s july, the place was hiving. Full of people.

I call them the over-educated class, met a lot of them in my white collar working life post-mil days. They are astonishingly snobbish, selfish, shallow, entitled and prissy about been challenged on anything basically a big adult baby.

With regards Brexit; twitter and all the cultural icons of the day have confirmed its mad. So that fits into the model they have been brought up in i.e. passively taking in information and explains the childish behaviours they elicit.

I think you’ll find we’re dealing with a d
You’ll need a good memory. So now we were voting for independence, I thought it was to leave the Eu.

How exactly does this independence manifest itself?

Let’s threaten and demean our neighbours and closest trading partners. Let’s find an even better and more comprehensive trading deal than the one we currently enjoy with the Eu.

I’m really looking forward to that one. If we can’t better the current set up, then why are we leaving. What’s the point, other than a hugely expensive mistake.

When you think about it Michael Bloomberg famously described Brexit, as. the ‘single stupidest thing any country has ever done’.

If brexits a stupid idea. Maybe joining it in the first place wasn’t too clever.
Going into the ERM, linking sterling, that went well and the second Iraq war.

We outdo the Irish on stupid things we’ve done. We are in no position to lecture others on their behaviour and haven’t been for a very long time.
It’s getting to be the brexiter mentality, it’s someone else’s fault.
Thanks for that.
I was answering a specific point on realpolitik trade and leverage. Your lack of comprehension of this is telling..
If it goes no deal little Leo may find coming the c# nt and doing Claude’s bidding has consiquences if we get a prime minister with a bit of Baldwin about him.
As a footnote you have professed twice as to not knowing what a straw man is.
I recommend looking it up as it is mostly what you post, sorry!

How many times do I have to post this?

1. Only the UK could initiate a request to extend the Article 50 date. The sh*tstorm of protest that will ignite from people who voted for Brexit will be truly impressive. It will be taken as clear and unequivocal evidence that the establishment is trying to circumvent the result of the referendum.
  2. Trying to extend Article 50 would also be taken as an admission of failure on May's part and would definitely end her time as PM. She's desperately clinging on to power and won't do anything that would guarantee her being force out of office by the Brexit wing of the party.
  3. The chance of all 27 remaining EU states agreeing to an extension are remote - not least because multiple states will demand concessions in return for extending the date. Spain - for example - would probably demand concessions over Gibraltar. No UK government could accept terms like that.
How about basing your posts on verifiable facts - like the text of Article 50 - rather than describing some fantasy scenario that ignores a legally binding international treaty?

Wordsmith
Keep on posting it until you add a bit of honesty and get it right.
  • Assertion. The shitstorm in your head would be fine to watch though.
  • Only by swivel eyed loons and the hard of thinking.
  • You don't know, stop inventing reasons please.

Godwin said it's OK to use it when accurate. HTH
Little emperor, have a look yourself at earlier links posted between SkippedOnce and check out yougov for yourself.

Godwin also said it had to be thoughtful and that rules out most of your postings, as you rarely have a thought which isn't merely sarcasm, masquerading as opinion.

The low educated are a separate group from the oldies. Think that you got confused a bit

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470