Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Which makes life interesting (for all parties) when trying to cobble together a 'borderless border' agreement!
Not really just offer to revoke the 1920’s treaty ( unfettered acess, being able to vote here etc.) for a start.
Despite most of the garbage spouted by fools here, Southern Ireland’s Buisness really really needs trade with U.K., ( for now) to keep its agricultural show on the road, we never have been kissy kissy since that twat de Valera ran their little priest ridden backwater. It didn’t stop trade, ( apart from in the mid 1930’s when they spectacularly picked a fight with Baldwin over agricultural mortgage debit which resulted in U.K. imposing a 20% tariffs on Irish beef for 2 and a bit years) .That crippled Irish cattle farming and cost the. Irish £10 million then to settle.
A little reminder that if we are independent we will remember who our friends are, might not go amiss.

1. Hardly... it will be drowned out by the party of those celebrating. the majority of people in the UK want to remain. If you don't believe me ask them.
Really? And how have you established that fact? Did you go round and ask them personally?

You're just guessing.

By the same logic you apply, all governments should be out of power after two years as mid-term blues mean they no longer have the support of many of the people that voted for them in the GE.

Wordsmith

Not really just offer to revoke the 1920’s treaty ( unfettered acess, being able to vote here etc.) for a start.
Despite most of the garbage spouted by fools here, Southern Ireland’s Buisness really really needs trade with U.K., ( for now) to keep its agricultural show on the road, we never have been kissy kissy since that twat de Valera ran their little priest ridden backwater. It didn’t stop trade, ( apart from in the mid 1930’s when they spectacularly picked a fight with Baldwin over agricultural mortgage debit which resulted in U.K. imposing a 20% tariffs on Irish beef for 2 and a bit years) .That crippled Irish cattle farming and cost the. Irish £10 million then to settle.
A little reminder that if we are independent we will remember who our friends are, might not go amiss.

The new UK Nationality Act may contain a surprise of two for Veradker - Irelands new DeValera
He wants to play the more Irish than the Irish Plastic Paddy?
Fine, he can explain the fall out to the real ones.

As relevant as EUrine fantasies the the Leprechaun Air Farce will be closing Oirish airspace to UK aviation overflight.

(Irish ATC) Dya hear dere… pack it up now, I'm telling ya, go away and thats that so it is!
So you were just throwing words like 'airspace' and 'America' around hoping they would magically form a coherent argument?

I don't remember mentioning referendums much, if at all; but I guess that you have to put up strawman arguments as you always lose the real ones.

And if you possessed enough analytical ability to see beyond the spin you'd know the remarks by the Irish PM were merely a restatement if the inevitable consequences of leaving current agreements without replacing them. I'd expect someone with your background to do a better job than that. And maybe wonder at the agenda that lead to such carefully phrased questions and spin in reporting. Did you ever come across the phrase "confirmation bias" when you were in?
As has already be seen. That goes the other way should the EU, sorry I mean the Irish government decide to play funny buggers.

But we all know that the Irish are talking shite

So BRITISH airspace then…
This one post summarises your total approach to this topic: Post an irrelevance and claim it as a victory.

Please explain how BRITISH military controlled airspace has any relevance in a discussion on civilian regulatory arrangements.

Really? And how have you established that fact? Did you go round and ask them personally?

You're just guessing.
On the contrary.... looking at the VERY small winning margin and the demographics which whould more then close the gap there are the 2.5 million EU people inthe UK who live and work here and pay taxes here.

In my post I said the majority of the People not the majority of those entitled to vote. a subtle difference. However that distinction is somewhat importat when talking about protests and revolts. There are far more people in the UK who want to stay in Europe than want to leave.

Unless you know otherwise by having gone round and asked them all personally.

The best you can say is that, 2 years on, it is about 50/50 for remain/leave and the remain are the younger fitter more ative demographic who will be out on the streets whereas the older infirm brexiters will not get out of their bungalows and retirement homes.

This one post summarises your total approach to this topic: Post an irrelevance and claim it as a victory.

Please explain how BRITISH military controlled airspace has any relevance in a discussion on civilian regulatory arrangements.

Ill try and use only small words so as not to confuse you.

The British, we own lots of the worlds skies.
The Americans, thats the people that live in Trumpland, they like to use bits of the UKs skies for annoying and killing the foreigners.
The Americans have a vested interest in being nice to their friends in Britain.

On the contrary.... looking at the VERY small winning margin and the demographics which whould more then close the gap there are the 2.5 million EU people inthe UK who live and work here and pay taxes here.

You are wibbling furiously again.
Is the fear of the sky falling filling you with dread again?

Here, proof the sky doesn't fall 1.45 onwards

On the contrary.... looking at the VERY small winning margin and the demographics which whould more then close the gap there are the 2.5 million EU people inthe UK who live and work here and pay taxes here..
The very small winning margin was about 1.25 million voters.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Wordsmith

The whole EU construct has had but one aim since its fort mooting 70 years go… to stamp out patriotism and nationalism.

Alas, while the compliant and service mainlanders have by and large 'got withy the programme', the British, with a millennia of freedom from serfdom, are still resolutely nationalistic and patriotic.

Remainer snowflakes: We're all Europeans and citizens of the world

Brexiteers: England! and a quick rousing chorus of Rule Britannia.
Yep, the worst kind of nationalism.

I think you have summed up Brexit "forward to the past" the problem is The past is a forigen country, they did things differently there.

The UK is trying to go back to a world that has changed complety in 40 odd years.
What we had doesn't exist.
What we have exists thanks to the power block we are in (but are trying to leave)
Hence all the protestations that we managed without the EEC before the 70's (sick man of Europe).

The world is more interconnected than ever. The EU has never prevented the UK doing business with countries outside the bloc. Germany and Chinese cooperation has been humming along nicely, for example.

When all the false arguments are boiled away, sovereignty, immigration (higher from outside of the EU), economics, trade etc, the reason brexit has been foisted on the UK is simple.

Billionaires feeding the UK lies about the EU for decades in order for them to avoid any legislation that might rein in their tax dodging activity.

They tapped into the tried and tested emotional nationalism argument. The UK electorate is fertile ground for nationalism due to an aging glut of baby boomers still obsessed with empire and the world wars who were raised on a diet of rose tinted war films such as Zulu referenced above.

If the best thing to come out of brexit is that we British learn not to project future prospects based on the achievements of our our mostly long dead ancestors in an entirely different reality, then perhaps it's all going to be worth it.

Won't hold my breath though...

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

In my post I said the majority of the People not the majority of those entitled to vote. a subtle difference. However that distinction is somewhat importat when talking about protests and revolts. There are far more people in the UK who want to stay in Europe than want to leave.

Unless you know otherwise by having gone round and asked them all personally.

The best you can say is that, 2 years on, it is about 50/50 for remain/leave and the remain are the younger fitter more ative demographic who will be out on the streets whereas the older infirm brexiters will not get out of their bungalows and retirement homes.
Counting the 2.5Mn EU people just reeks of desperation, they couldn't vote in the referendum so is a moot point, also if they love Europe so much, they know where it is. They chose to move here, they weren't forced at gunpoint over our borders. As I said on an earlier post in answer to a post of your of a similar ilk, if you can count 2.5Mn EU people as Remainers, us Leavers can count everyone who could've voted but didn't, giving Leave an even larger majority.
As for your point about Remainers being the younger, fitter and more active demographic, did you see the pics of busloads of pensioners being shipped in for the march the other weekend, I think that maybe you need to look at the demographics again, there's just as many Remain coffin dodgers as Leave coffin dodgers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Counting the 2.5Mn EU people just reeks of desperation, they couldn't vote in the referendum so is a moot point, also if they love Europe so much, they know where it is. They chose to move here, they weren't forced at gunpoint over our borders. As I said on an earlier post in answer to a post of your of a similar ilk, if you can count 2.5Mn EU people as Remainers, us Leavers can count everyone who could've voted but didn't, giving Leave an even larger majority.
As for your point about Remainers being the younger, fitter and more active demographic, did you see the pics of busloads of pensioners being shipped in for the march the other weekend, I think that maybe you need to look at the demographics again, there's just as many Remain coffin dodgers as Leave coffin dodgers.

A bit like the '500,000' anti Trmp protesters we were promised on Facebook… a handful could only could be bothered to turn up.

Nah, like the brexiteers will be largely gone in 20 or so years...

YouGov | How Britain Voted

Of course the low educated can be dazzled by a pied Piper like Nigel

vote1b.png

Ill try and use only small words so as not to confuse you.

The British, we own lots of the worlds skies.
The Americans, thats the people that live in Trumpland, they like to use bits of the UKs skies for annoying and killing the foreigners.
The Americans have a vested interest in being nice to their friends in Britain.
We're going to use US military access to UK territories (often used in support of joint UK/US operations) as leverage in discussions regarding European civil aircraft operations?

Even more deranged, stupid and ill informed than your usual stuff @meerkatz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470