Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Do you want him to send a Twitter over?
If you can't find out out what a single post on Twitter is called I fear for your analytical and research skills.

That's been the problem all along! We (UK) have allowed this little shitbag total freedom to whinge and shout and abuse and scream at the UK without response - it's time to inform Ireland of what we could do to it!
Alternately, we could calm down and address the situation that we have created...

the fact that you bathe in twaats from tw*tter makes us weep for your parents.
You dislike people learning stuff, you'd much prefer that everyone stuck to the papers you don't read. The Daily Moonhowler and Exresslymoonhowling.

Which side is Mrs May?

Remain
Brexit

Your call, with reasons.
Neither. The number of people who - like you - define their worldview by which box they ticked back in 2016 is small and getting smaller.

She is a Tory, and her goal is to get the Tories out of the mess the referendum result got them into. She has to steer a course between leaving in a way that damages the economy and leaving in a way that doesn't look like we've left. If the economy is damaged then voters won't see losing their jobs and cuts in public spending as an acceptable price for Brexit, after all they were promised the opposite. And if it doesn't look like we've left then the Tory civil war continues.

Now, none of this means her plan can work of course, but it is a plan. It also puts party firmly ahead of country but again, is anyone really surprised?

Alternately, we could calm down and address the situation that we have created...
by coming to a bilateral agreement on Irish skies.... Instead of veiled threats? Maybe if the EU and remainers started 'owning' the decisions and acts that THEY made to bring us to this point, instead of just crying about Brexit, we'd all be moving forward. Non?

The sad truth is that she never really any command decisions anyway. The one time when she did as Home Secretary - the sacking of Brodie Clark of UKBA - she ****** up and he won a handsome payoff via the Courts.
I vaguely remember that, mind from what I remember of Brodie Clark, they deserved each other.-my penultimate year. Point was that Smith who preceded May and Eagle were playing to the audience and were totally hopeless After all it was their baby.

not at all. I love a bit of learning. Not sure what that has to do with tw*tter mind.
Saw a greeting card a while back - 'Wise owls don't tweet' - which makes me despair for the number of VSOs we now have with their own Twitter accounts (whether or not their MA/PAO staff are the ones actually using it).

by coming to a bilateral agreement on Irish skies.... Instead of veiled threats? Maybe if the EU and remainers started 'owning' the decisions and acts that THEY made to bring us to this point, instead of just crying about Brexit, we'd all be moving forward. Non?
By remaining in EASA? Who knows? But you just carry on blaming the nasty men who made you do stuff, shout about it why don't you?

We've done cock all, the agitators planned cock all, now they and you are blaming other people for something we've created.

Harden the 'eff up eh?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Neither. The number of people who - like you - define their worldview by which box they ticked back in 2016 is small and getting smaller.

She is a Tory, and her goal is to get the Tories out of the mess the referendum result got them into. She has to steer a course between leaving in a way that damages the economy and leaving in a way that doesn't look like we've left. If the economy is damaged then voters won't see losing their jobs and cuts in public spending as an acceptable price for Brexit, after all they were promised the opposite. And if it doesn't look like we've left then the Tory civil war continues.

Now, none of this means her plan can work of course, but it is a plan. It also puts party firmly ahead of country but again, is anyone really surprised?
When you consider this started off as a binary issue with a question purely on a yes or no basis, it is the stretching of that question into the most unnecessary, complicated and obscure issues that has been the tactic of Remain, once they had recovered from the shock of losing the referendum. You have just carried on that tactic by refusing to answer the question asked and adding your own interpretation, which was not asked for.

There is no place for "neither", if one is not for Brexit then by definition one must be for Remain. You therefore consider May to be a Remainer. As do I now that she has abandoned Brexit means Brexit.

There you go, a huge number of pixels for you just to answer "Remain"!

not at all. I love a bit of learning. Not sure what that has to do with tw*tter mind.
So why do you post so many DM and ~Express links that are plain wrong?

John Major started to implement it but Blair took all of the credit. You may want to look at things like the fourth and fifth frameworks whilst you are there doing your research. Basically Bangemann recognised manufacturing in Europe was goosed as a long term game. Its 10% of UK GDP now and dropping. Ultimately you will go and your mates. Its sad but true. You will be unemployed - not sure if it will be in your working life time, but you are f**ked.
That goes back to concept the ninties, the concept that Ford had was to cease the metal bashing as too expensive and be responsible for design and platforming hence the desire to take over Jag, Aston and Volvo and a foray into RangeRover. It never worked out like that with the likes of Chrysler UK etc there was always a threat if there was no tax deal with the UK they'd write of plant and up stakes. Point is no one has actually dealt with the UK as anything other than a threat, so the current one is if anything, nothing new. All we did was bend over backwards to scrap ours.

On the News this Morning it seems Raab has determined to keep talking and I think there's been a shift on the Irish border by the EU. It seems that both sides are now talking borderless which it seems is a chink. You know I'm starting to warm to the concept of taking the EU to court. Juncker has said we can't be in the CU and as such the single market. We've accepted that, but I think that if non EU members are members of the CU-albeit maybe on slightly different terms it blows a hole in the concept that he could prevent it. That's down to the EP to decide isn't it? Hasn't Juncker overstepped his remit?

Al the signs are that a negotiated brexit is not possible (because HMG doesn't have a coherent plan and no one is negotiating with the EU) in the time frame left.

So a hard brexit is being floated in lots of quarters. With all the remifications a hard brexit entails in reality (or project fear as the loons said) . As a hard brexit will, in reality kill the UK a "suspension of article 50" is being mentioned.

Portillo (a Brexiteer) was talking about it last night. I assume a susspension rather than a cancel is possible. He should know. Therefore I think it is heading for a "suspension" of Brexit for at least "two years" or the next GE which is likely to arrive first.

It looks like Brexit is not actually going to happen.

HMG has discovered that large parts of the Tax paying and revenue generating UK PLC are going to bugger off onBrexit. the UK wil have zero leverage for trade deals and no one inthe UK (of any worth) to do the deals anyway.

I note that for the Farnbough Air Show the big winner was that fine British company: Boeing...

That's a relief, after all Blair is backing remain-still he got his stooge to do the dirty work

When you consider this started off as a binary issue with a question purely on a yes or no basis,
And that's a fundamental problem - don't bother me with details I neither know, understand or care about, just give me the result I want. the great British public acting like VSOs; who'd'a thunk it!

Last edited:

Opinion polls would beg to differ with your statement that it’s getting ever smaller.

At best it fluctuates.

Polling history: 40 years of British views on 'in or out' of Europe

But as you don’t like the idea of referendums even thuogh they’ve been getting promised for over a decade, you’re Point is mute.

So, are you going to tell us how Ireland is going to refuse overflight rights

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470