Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm not someone who goes around announcing who I've got on ignore (no one) and then responding to said ignorees a short time later.

I welcome all PoVs, but reserve the right to deconstruct them.
You don't have anyone in ignore because you don't know how to use it to your own benefit!

What world are you in? The EU can 't unterdict trade from putside the EU? They won't need to!!!! Who is going to ship anything via the UK to the EU? They will ship direct. What it will do is kill UK ports as conpanies ship direct to the EU.

Of course a lit of stuff coming in to UK ports will be parts for compnaies that, on Brexit will have relocated to the EU.

Just as well really as when on 30th March air travel stops we are going to need more capacity on the ferrys and boats. though of course with no deals in place you are going to have to get the right visa's and things......
Go back to my comments with Skid. It's not that wouldn't be able to, they have to have berths and a hell of a lot is processed for finalisation here. This means we've got the goods under our control. Well it's going to be fun when aircraft suddenly start falling from the sky. I wouldn't travel were I you. We have some of the best handling facilities just coming on stream here. As to bigger Ferries, You'd better start building now.

Like brexit, there is no benefit. I simply scroll past the drivel
The number of posts with a "Dumb" icon from you would suggest otherwise, you little tinker.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The number of posts with a "Dumb" icon from you would suggest otherwise, you little tinker.
As he "Dumbs" about 80% of my posts I hope you are not insinuating that I write drivel! :D

With the EU "warning" the other twenty-seven member states today that they should prepare themselves for a no-deal Brexit I can't help but read that as, "Whatever they offer us we'll reject. There must be no deal else the rest of you might get ideas about canvassing your electorate on whether to stay or go, too - and such democratic action just will not do."
Nope. The no-deal scenario became a possible outcome the moment the "no-deal is better than a bad deal" mantra was being repeated by some of the Brexiteers. I've seen this attitude on here as well. "Just walk away without a deal.....". The British government still doesn't know what Brexit looks like, so how can you expect the other 27 MS will know what the **** it means? A no-deal Brexit isn't what any of the other MS would like to see, but thanks to the monumental political incompetence of the current UK government the rest of the EU has started to prepare for the worst whilst still hoping for the best.

And that's the dangerous bit in this epic shitstorm. People like Adonis, Soubry and Clark seem to think they can simply stop this Brexit, but I wonder whether that's still an option. You're passed that point. I've said before on here the Dutch government is hiring close to 1,000 extra customs officers to deal with a no-deal scenario. In a radio interview Sophie in 't Veld (MEP) said this is costing us €100,000,000. That's €100,000,000 which we can't invest in our healthcare, education or whatever. It's more or less spend and being spend. In November the port of Rotterdam has planned what I like to call a Brexercise. For a day the port will pretend Britain has crashed out of the EU so they can see what other preparations could be needed to deal with a no-deal outcome. Such an exercise isn't free either.

So first, there is the risk of the sunken cost fallacy. We're not the only ones preparing for the no-deal scenario and some countries might fall victim to this fallacy and all the money already spend is seen as an investment that needs paying off rather than writing off.

Second, confirmation bias. If you prepare for a no-deal than this must be justified since politicians and firms know at one point they will be held accountable by the voters or share- and stakeholders. This kind of spending needs reasoning and the risk is reasoning towards what you ideally don't want but have to justify.

Third, look where you want to land. Currently we're all starting to look at the spot where we don't want to land, and the most likely outcome will be that we will all get exactly there. The reason we're looking over there in the first place is because the noises coming over from the Channel keep pointing us in that direction.

A no-deal outcome is still very likely and if the UK is careless it might simply fizz out of the EU next year like an already deflated balloon. No big bang, but just whhhhhsssssssssssss.

Blame the EU all you like, but many countries around the globe do deals with the EU. It can't be that hard (easiest deal ever springs to mind).

If you really want to crash out with your fingers crossed than be my guest. Otherwise, make up your collective minds, accept you can't have cake and than eat it, than still have it to smear it on the ******* walls in parliament and than eat it again.

I think there is much mischief that the Leave campaign can make on campaign funding.

The government propaganda leaflet for Remain was sent out 11-13 April 2016 to avoid the official start of the campaign on 15 April. Blatant fudging of election rules but allowed, apparently. The leaflet was not delivered in Scotland though until 9 May due to Scottish elections. This means the editions of the pamphlet delivered in Scotland should be included in Remain campaign returns, yet for some unexplained reason, it seems to hold the same spurious status as the ones issued in England a month earlier. Cameron making up the rules as he felt yet the "independent" body is chasing Brexit.

Mind you, that is probably why remain campaigners were not making that much of a big deal over the report, and letting Soubry do the shouting!

Talk about election shenanigans! :rolleyes:
They can't, all they can do is misdirect. Can't do that on the plod investigation though, perjury rises its head,

It was MI5. Salmond was courting Putin at the time.
Him Farage and Banks, nothing between them in terms of selling their soul for a sniff of electoral victory....

Him Farage and Banks, nothing between them in terms of selling their soul for a sniff of electoral victory....
What made the likes of Kinnock change to their belief in the EU from their historical anti EU viewpoint?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....mpaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178.amp

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the EU has never been too popular. We’ve had politicians promising us referendums for some time hoping the electorate would forget about it.

FactCheck: Did Blair promise Euro referendum? - Channel 4 News

It’s very easy for people to Pont fingers and blame individuals when they don’t get their own way, but the simple fact is the EU has never been too popular.

Funny I had the same thought about you, a perfect case study of short man syndrome.

Your posts always consist of one part recognition of another person's opinion and a second part an outright dig, which is always delivered with contempt. On the rare occasions you try to be constructive, its to merely cut and paste another person's opinion and pass it off as facts supporting your own non-existent opinions.
You're a case of gobshite syndrome. Still waiting for that link socky....

I know and you know why you're not going to post it. Plenty don't get digs, the gobshites do though. Got that link yet or are you just going to keep on asserting stuff?

What made the likes of Kinnock change to their belief in the EU from their historical anti EU viewpoint?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....mpaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178.amp

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the EU has never been too popular. We’ve had politicians promising us referendums for some time hoping the electorate would forget about it.

FactCheck: Did Blair promise Euro referendum? - Channel 4 News

It’s very easy for people to Pont fingers and blame individuals when they don’t get their own way, but the simple fact is the EU has never been too popular.
Feck knows, not Farage, Banks or Salmond though is he? Not supping from Putin's trough. Shame you refuse to recognise it.

Oh they can be twisted into anything and why i am reluctant using them as facts. But, I was challenged to pony up, in the ongoing pointless battle of links, versus remain, having any opinion of there own.
The link I've asked for a number of times is the one where you predicted Chequers/the current situation and I pooh poohed it. Not going to happen is it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470