Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Divide and conquer.

You and 17 million other people, varying from mongs to good intentioned, but useful idiots voted for a policy certain to diminish the strength and unity of the UK and Europe.

Putin is laughing at us, as is the rest of the world
Have you never had someone laugh at you before, my little snowflake? I'm sure that there's a safe space somewhere for you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Among Tory MPs, only 8% said a hard Brexit was what they wanted and, indeed, the rest said it was the most unacceptable solution.
Really? They canvased all 316 tory MP's and all replied?

That'll be a first for an opinion poll.

Or they talked to a far more limited subset of MP's, because most refused to reply - Brexit being a sensitive topic at the moment.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Another one who uses facts selectively, but since you have the passion for the fox, i read it on Business Insider.

New poll finds the British public have turned against a 'Hard Brexit'
It's amazing what pollsters can do with a question. Instead of asking the British public, well a few of them, if they were against a course of action they asked which is the best of the choices. I prefer the Survation survey below the YouGov one, which gives much cleaner results, if polls can be classed as accurate.

It's amazing what pollsters can do with a question. Instead of asking the British public, well a few of them, if they were against a course of action they asked which is the best of the choices. I prefer the Survation survey below the YouGov one, which gives much cleaner results, if polls can be classed as accurate.
Oh they can be twisted into anything and why i am reluctant using them as facts. But, I was challenged to pony up, in the ongoing pointless battle of links, versus remain, having any opinion of there own.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ah OK, so all we need to do is call anyone who can't deliver the impossible a remainer and your world view remains intact. At least its consistent, but I fear the implications are lost on you. When everyone in contact with the mechanics of delivering Brexit is transformed - using your definition - into a remainer, maybe you're applying the wrong mental model to the issue.
Which side is Mrs May?

Remain
Brexit

Your call, with reasons.

I’ve yet to see how brexit relates to weakening NATO.
So do I, given that NATO was founded in 1949 and the EU wasn't established until 1st November 1993 - notwithstanding that NATO is a military alliance of both EU and non-EU members unaffiliated with the EU, and the EU is an inefficient political administration without any directly-controlled military resources or defence infrastructure (at the moment).

Many, many people fail to realise this - including politicians and ranty talk radio hosts, both groups of which really have no excuse for not being better informed.

Given that a Europe without every state on the continent being in a political union experienced a distinct lack of red-starred panzers streaming through the Fulda Gap between 1949 and 1993 it would seem extremely unlikely that an EU without the UK (or, more to the point, the UKs annual wedge) would lead to a weakening of NATO - especially when the largest contributor and largest individual military is neither in the EU or on the European continental plate.

I recall that NATO managed to carry on regardless when France pulled out, too - oh, but that was before the EU came to be.

The main threat to NATO strength and stability is not Britain leaving the EU but Trump - when he loses it and pulls the funding plug because Angela won't pay her fair share.

Last edited:
Oh they can be twisted into anything and why i am reluctant using them as facts. But, I was challenged to pony up, in the ongoing pointless battle of links, versus remain, having any opinion of there own.
Nice try, fail. Pity the link is from over a year ago (Jun. 23, 2017), so not particularly relevant to today.

I agree beacuse they know the UK can not afford a hard brexit.
So if they turn down every deal the UK proposes. it is hard brexit or cancel.

There will be no trade deals after a hard Brexit as all the companies that can move will do.
Nor can the EU- remember they can't interdict trade from outside the EU whatever they do, we can however make things damned difficult for non EU goods entering much of it goes through our ports for processing.

Another one who uses facts selectively, but since you have the passion for the fox, i read it on Business Insider.

New poll finds the British public have turned against a 'Hard Brexit'
So you read that Business Insider quoted poll as the percentage for a hard Brexit is greater than for Remain?
Just so you know, my link came from Business Insider as well but I certainly didn't read it as you did.
I suppose getting your facts from your desk officer would do that.

Now that's some quality clutching at straws right there. It wasn't that long ago you were cheerleading her administration and shouting down any suggestions that we were on course for the current mess as traitorous lies spread by those who refused to accept the referendum result.

Now I get it, it hurts to admit you've been played, but at some point you'll have to accept that the people responsible for this mess are in fact responsible for it. And when every single person who wants Brexit and is involved in it can't see a way clear to deliver it - maybe, just maybe, it's time for a course of action that won't turn the economy into a smoking crater.
.......and your alternative.......... is

Answers on a post card to Blue Peter....

Closely followed by staying in the EU, Regulatory Alignment.

Strange that the major part of PMTM's white paper covered Regulatory Alignment!
Regulatory Alignment is the worst possible scenario from both leavers and remainers point of view.
(Apart from the stupidity of a hard Brexit, of course).

Have you never had someone laugh at you before, my little snowflake? I'm sure that there's a safe space somewhere for you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'm not someone who goes around announcing who I've got on ignore (no one) and then responding to said ignorees a short time later.

I welcome all PoVs, but reserve the right to deconstruct them.

Regulatory Alignment is the worst possible scenario from both leavers and remainers point of view.
That is total rubbish-regulatory alignment already exists, the issue isn't so much that but that the participants can't deliver, hence dieselgate. etc. Climate change etc can't be halted purely by regulation. Fact is we have standardised rules, we moved from independent verification to self certification because there's too much to lose and they comply with ours as much as we comply with theirs. My department dealt with all that from Phyto certs to independent verification of alcholic content of Wines and spirits to issues related to T/S, counterfiet goods to port health pre 1988 and then it all got downsized as verification got wasted. You are now no more secure in anything than you were.

Nor can the EU- remember they can't interdict trade from outside the EU whatever they do, we can however make things damned difficult for non EU goods entering much of it goes through our ports for processing.
What world are you in? The EU can 't unterdict trade from putside the EU? They won't need to!!!! Who is going to ship anything via the UK to the EU? They will ship direct. What it will do is kill UK ports as conpanies ship direct to the EU.

Of course a lit of stuff coming in to UK ports will be parts for compnaies that, on Brexit will have relocated to the EU.

Just as well really as when on 30th March air travel stops we are going to need mor capacity onthe ferrys and boats. though of course with no deals in place you are going to have to get the right visa's and things......

The EU can 't unterdict trade from putside the EU? They won't need to!!!! Who is going to ship anything via the UK to the EU? They will ship direct. What it will do is kill UK ports as conpanies ship direct to the EU.

Of course a lit of stuff coming in to UK ports ...
Officer Crabtree walt!

MV5BYmFlY2FlNmYtOTZjNS00YjdkLTlkMjAtYTA5Y2I5MmQyYjA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxOTIzNzk@__V1_.jpg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You haven't really picked up on this process have you? It matters not one little jot to Mrs May whether any plan is acceptable to Remainers or Brexiteers, it is if it matters to Brussels that counts! Why do you think she was touting it round the EU before presenting to her own Cabinet?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470