Brexit Phase Two - Trade

However I think that the EU would bend the rules (totally out of charater of course :) ) to permit a cancel at the 11th our if needed.
See my post above re: seizing the opportunity to force us into the € and Schengen.

You’re analysis has been wrong more often than not.

In fact people tend to cherry pick information that backs up what they’re saying.

For example, @Graculus believed that the brexit vote would lead to a massive exodus of EU academics. Loads of articles backing that up.

Reality is there’s more than ever. That’s not covered now or mentioned.
Andy, stop making stuff up eh? You're only embarrassing yourself, same as you did with the Force de Frappe.

Not so. The Majority of the UK Business don't want Brexit.
The Majority of the UK population don't want Brexit

(there was a vote a long time ago where people were duped and lied to but the majority was very small... less then 2% and all the votes since then have had way bigger swings)
I feel obliged to challenge what you've posted -
Businesses don't get to vote.

Businesses haven't had a vote. Businesses do not have the capacity to vote. You have no idea of how the owners of businesses have voted. There may have been polls but polls do not equate to a vote.

There was only one vote, at the referendum. There's been no votes since. You've no idea what the result would be now, should the same question be put to referendum again.

Last edited:
51.9% v 48.1% is a little more than "less than 2%", maths isn't exactly your fortè is it?
Someone pointing out that the number of voters voting leave was less than 51% of the registered electorate will be along in five...four...three...........

Just over 37% of the total electorate voted to leave.

Electoral Commission | EU referendum results

Are you still harpping back all those years?

They were lied to and it was a VERY small majority. Long since eveporated.

Now the majority having seeh the light don't want Brexit. that is a FACT. IF you don't believe it ask them.
I truly admire your ability to look into the mindset of 17 million odd voters and determine how their oponions ahve changed.

Alternatively you're sprouting bollox and are just expressing a personal opinion like the rest of us.

Wordsmith

Someone pointing out that the number of voters voting leave was less than 51% of the registered electorate will be along in five...four...three...........

Just over 37% of the total electorate voted to leave.

Electoral Commission | EU referendum results
And 35% voted to stay, while the rest sat on their arses.

There's no way of knowing whether the voters who stayed at home would have voted leave or remain. The only thing we do know with near certainty is that they didn't care enough about the issues to vote.

Remain lost in the only vote that counted - those voters who put their 'X' on the ballot paper.

Wordsmith

One dude colluded with the Russians
Got evidence for that, or are you still relying on the Guardian smear campaign?

I’ve yet to see how brexit relates to weakening NATO.

I know SACEUR made some half arsed statement about it but so did Obama, and we’ve since found out that Cameron asked Obama to make that statement.

And 35% voted to stay, while the rest sat on their arses.

There's no way of knowing whether the voters who stayed at home would have voted leave or remain. The only thing we do know with near certainty is that they didn't care enough about the issues to vote.

Remain lost in the only vote that counted - those voters who put their 'X' on the ballot paper.

Wordsmith
My goodness. The remain camp seem to be exhibiting the same mentality as SNP supporters when they lost

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No-one connected with Brexit can find a solution. No-one. Instead they're resigning and seeking to blame someone else for what they did in office.

Like I keep saying, blaming those who don't think Brexit can be delivered for the fact is hasn't been delivered is deeply stupid.

That's why May is still the PM; not a single one of her ctitics can see a way out of the mess the Tories have got the UK into. Sure, they'll virtue signal all you like but they don't dare take power as that means they'd have to deliver, and none of them believe that they can.
You don't 'alf talk pish. Maybe they are leaving as the work they have done has been trashed and undermined by the PM. Not a great leader.

Not so. The Majority of the UK Business don't want Brexit.
The Majority of the UK population don't want Brexit

(there was a vote a long time ago where people were duped and lied to but the majority was very small... less then 2% and all the votes since then have had way bigger swings)
Its a fair point, the polls say 20% of the populace are hard remainers and 35% are hard brexiteers. I personally think you would win a second referendum maybe 55-45% as the inbetweeners will have a more stark choice.

The problem with the remainer logic is once A50 is cancelled, does that put the country back together, what happens next ?

Got evidence for that, or are you still relying on the Guardian smear campaign?

I’ve yet to see how brexit relates to weakening NATO.

I know SACEUR made some half arsed statement about it but so did Obama, and we’ve since found out that Cameron asked Obama to make that statement.
It's about weakening Europe Andy.

NATO is the military part
The EU is the economic arm.

If you can't see that weakening the economic ties in Europe is a strategic aim of the Russians then there's no hope for you.

You are engaging in whataboutary in vintage @KGB_resident style

This time machine taking us back a couple of years has appeared again.
What about the future relationship, then?
Its a fair point, the polls say 20% of the populace are hard remainers and 35% are hard brexiteers. I personally think you would win a second referendum maybe 55-45% as the inbetweeners will have a more stark choice.

The problem with the remainer logic is once A50 is cancelled, does that put the country back together, what happens next ?
The leavers climb back in their box, realise that the problems we face are domestic in origin and the remainers graciously welcome them back into polite society.

Job done

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470