Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Come the revolution can I propose ramming the keyboard up the hoop of any drip who uses champ as a term of address. Oh and “ snigger” its just infantile.
Sure champ <snigger><chortle>

It's a bit late to ask for maturity.

If Parliament can have six weeks off, I’m sure us mere mortals can take a bit of time off here and there too. ^^
Six weeks off! They'll be slaving away in their constituencies. You've been wibbling away on here as far back as I can remember.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree beacuse they know the UK can not afford a hard brexit.
So if they turn down every deal the UK proposes. it is hard brexit or cancel.
As has been repeatedly explained to you 'cancel' is not an option. We legally exit the EU in March of next year. The only question is whether its hard brexit or on agreed terms.

Wordsmith

politics show on bbc 2 discussing survival of PMTM.

Some say mid September for contest ( realistically can't be before as too many have buggered of overseas on holiday)

Others saying that a new PM and reshufle in September-October 2018 is far too late for anyone to sort out any sort of Brexit. On the whole pariliamnet is Pro Europe and, as seen can screw up most Brexit stuff.

The Country as a whole is effectively split 50/50 so going for a second referendum will be a total gamble.

A bit of a mess and as we get closer to 29th March 2019 Business and Money will take action on it's own. So HMG are not really in control neither do they have the backing of the Country nor UK PLC.

As has been repeatedly explained to you 'cancel' is not an option. We legally exit the EU in March of next year. The only question is whether its hard brexit or on agreed terms.

Wordsmith
Then it will be a Hard brexit and the Uk is finished.

However I think that the EU would bend the rules (totally out of charater of course :) ) to permit a cancel at the 11th our if needed.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
politics show on bbc 2 discussing survival of PMTM.

Some say mid September for contest ( realistically can't be before as too many have buggered of overseas on holiday)
If the Tories are actually going to remove her, it'll be over the parliamentary break. With no business in parliament for 6 weeks, they might be able to squeak in a leadership contest and have a new leader in place before the next session of parliament.

The EU might have a say in that - if Dominic Raab comes back from Brussels with a 'your proposal is totally unworkable' message, PMTM might be put out of her misery. It's been obvious for at least 6 months that PMTM's solution will either be unacceptable to Westminster of Brussels (or both). The only question is how long the farce is allow to continue before the Tory party remove PMTM.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
However I think that the EU would bend the rules (totally out of charater of course :) ) to permit a cancel at the 11th our if needed.
That would be electoral suicide for the Tories. Cancelling Brexit after a majority of the electorate voted for it?

You'd need a microscope to see the Tory vote after that.

Wordsmith

That would be electoral suicide for the Tories. Cancelling Brexit after a majority of the electorate voted for it?

Wordsmith
Hard brexit will do the same. All the lack of preparation and incompetence would come to the fore.

The Tories aren't winning the next GE, in my opinion

Not so. The Majority of the UK Business don't want Brexit.
The Majority of the UK population don't want Brexit

(there was a vote a long time ago where people were duped and lied to but the majority was very small... less then 2% and all the votes since then have had way bigger swings)

Hard brexit will do the same. All the lack of preparation and incompetence would come to the fore.

The Tories aren't winning the next GE, in my opinion
They could if they cancel Brexit.

The Brexit Loons seem to thing there is an overwhelming majority inthe UK for Brexit. there never was. at best there was a very small (and highly misinformed ) majority over 2 years ago. things have moved on.

So the posts on ARRSE are when I need a few minutes away from the document to stop my brain going dead.
Mission fail.
I suspect other posters don't have the same excuse.
WFH, my boss loves my productivity and I'm now finished after a 04:30 start. Cheerio.

(there was a vote a long time ago where people were duped and lied to but the majority was very small... less then 2% and all the votes since then have had way bigger swings)
Total Bollocks! - produce your evidence! the truth is there has been very little movement of the public from where the referendum left off because people are even more dug in! poll after poll shows that the 'majority' whether leave or remain, just want the govt to get on with it! as for business, you are slightly correct, BIG business (10% ish) is strongly remain but don't forget 80% of ALL UK businesses have no dealings with the EU so are ambivalent

HMG will cancel Brexit at the 11th hour and rest assured they can still remain in power.

They have form for safe betting, what with gambling on the 'right' referendum result and calling an early GE etc.etc.

Whatever path they choose, I for one have the utmost faith in their promises and competence to deliver.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 376
S11Blade Brexit 475
B Medals 22