Brexit Phase Two - Trade

That would be electoral suicide for the Tories. Cancelling Brexit after a majority of the electorate voted for it?

You'd need a microscope to see the Tory vote after that.

Wordsmith
Hard brexit will do the same. All the lack of preparation and incompetence would come to the fore.

The Tories aren't winning the next GE, in my opinion

That would be electoral suicide for the Tories. Cancelling Brexit after a majority of the electorate voted for it?

You'd need a microscope to see the Tory vote after that.
Not so. The Majority of the UK Business don't want Brexit.
The Majority of the UK population don't want Brexit

(there was a vote a long time ago where people were duped and lied to but the majority was very small... less then 2% and all the votes since then have had way bigger swings)

Hard brexit will do the same. All the lack of preparation and incompetence would come to the fore.

The Tories aren't winning the next GE, in my opinion
They could if they cancel Brexit.

The Brexit Loons seem to thing there is an overwhelming majority inthe UK for Brexit. there never was. at best there was a very small (and highly misinformed ) majority over 2 years ago. things have moved on.

So the posts on ARRSE are when I need a few minutes away from the document to stop my brain going dead.
Mission fail.
I suspect other posters don't have the same excuse.
WFH, my boss loves my productivity and I'm now finished after a 04:30 start. Cheerio.

(there was a vote a long time ago where people were duped and lied to but the majority was very small... less then 2% and all the votes since then have had way bigger swings)
Total Bollocks! - produce your evidence! the truth is there has been very little movement of the public from where the referendum left off because people are even more dug in! poll after poll shows that the 'majority' whether leave or remain, just want the govt to get on with it! as for business, you are slightly correct, BIG business (10% ish) is strongly remain but don't forget 80% of ALL UK businesses have no dealings with the EU so are ambivalent

HMG will cancel Brexit at the 11th hour and rest assured they can still remain in power.

They have form for safe betting, what with gambling on the 'right' referendum result and calling an early GE etc.etc.

Whatever path they choose, I for one have the utmost faith in their promises and competence to deliver.

Your analysis has been more often wrong than not, so you’ll naturally understand if people don’t pay too much attention to your proclamations of the greatness of Theresa May, the ineffectiveness of Robbins, or my personal favourite, the collapse of the EU. ^^
You’re analysis has been wrong more often than not.

In fact people tend to cherry pick information that backs up what they’re saying.

For example, @Graculus believed that the brexit vote would lead to a massive exodus of EU academics. Loads of articles backing that up.

Reality is there’s more than ever. That’s not covered now or mentioned.

Says the man with the ROPS banner, with no hint of self awareness at all. ^^
Did you put any thought into that post?
It may, or may not be of interest to you that I have no idea why I'm RoP'd. It's very worrying, I'm scared of pixels.

Total Bollocks! - produce your evidence! the truth is there has been very little movement of the public from where the referendum left off because people are even more dug in! poll after poll shows that the 'majority' whether leave or remain, just want the govt to get on with it! as for business, you are slightly correct, BIG business (10% ish) is strongly remain but don't forget 80% of ALL UK businesses have no dealings with the EU so are ambivalent
Do remember that 80% of British business outside retail* rely on the 10% to give them orders.

*Retail is going to the dogs... or Amazon (and others) and they are very good at not paying UK tax.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

51.9% v 48.1% is a little more than "less than 2%", maths isn't exactly your fortè is it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Or an accurate analysis of the situation....

Wordsmith
Surely worth framing in gold to add with your other outstanding comments? You're too shy....

Six weeks off! They'll be slaving away in their constituencies. You've been wibbling away on here as far back as I can remember.
Five minutes ago?

There will be no trade deals after a hard Brexit as all the companies that can move will do.
Cue government legislating for an "uprooting tax," payable by any company wishing to move operations overseas?

Mind you, something along those lines in place years ago might have negated the offshoring of British jobs to Indian call centres and Malaysian hoover factories to some extent - the cost of so doing being negated by a punitive levy, collected each year the company maintains a registered office of operates here. Might see Amazon and Google paying their way here, too.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470