Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Perhaps you should stop whining and start finding solutions.
I suggest taking your own advice and lead by example rather than throwing out platitudes as forecasts whilst simultaneously blaming the EU for our failures..

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Brexit has failed because Brexiters have made an utter shambles of it, it's got nothing to do with the EU. Had they been honest, planned for it, taken the time needed to prepare prior to A50 and fronted up that it would take 5 to 10 years we could be on track right now. The EU only has power as the UK has failed to prepare.

Instead a bunch of no-marks rushed A50, then stood around with their thumbs up their backsides as the clock ticked down. They're currently resigning and trying to pretend they had nothing to do with the current mess, of course. And they'd very much like you to swallow the lie that the people who prepared for Brexit have nothing to do with Brexit.
You are becoming as bad a moon howler as Baglock!

Still if living in a world of negativity is your bag then on you go, so sad

This would seem to be the advice you're offering to HMG.

View attachment 342851

Perhaps you should stop whining and start finding solutions. I've been fortunate to work with three world class managers and one world class consultant over the years. They were world class because they had the attitude that no problem was insoluble and that with properly motivated staff, great things could be accomplished.

And strangely enough they were.

As I've said before, if I was your manager, I'd terminate your contract. People that wave white flags achieve the square root of fornicate all.

Wordsmith
No-one connected with Brexit can find a solution. No-one. Instead they're resigning and seeking to blame someone else for what they did in office.

Like I keep saying, blaming those who don't think Brexit can be delivered for the fact is hasn't been delivered is deeply stupid.

That's why May is still the PM; not a single one of her ctitics can see a way out of the mess the Tories have got the UK into. Sure, they'll virtue signal all you like but they don't dare take power as that means they'd have to deliver, and none of them believe that they can.

You are becoming as bad a moon howler as Baglock!

Still if living in a world of negativity is your bag then on you go, so sad
Well, I note that all you can do is deny rather than address anything in a substantive manner; a good illustration of the mindset that has caused Brexit to fail.

Had to smile this morning listening to Hillary Benn quote Ford as fretting over a no deal scenario.
That would be the Ford that has systematically pulled manufacturing out of one of its major markets to the extent that all it has now is the engine plant at Bridgend ( now working at 1/4 capacity I’m told now JLR no longer need KUGA engines)
And I’m assuming must be shitting themselves at the thought of this market being outside the tariffs barrier wall from its European manufacturing plants and going to have to compete with the Koreans, Japanese and Malays on price,
Trade after a hard Brexit ( which I’ve consistently predicted since last September)?
The hard fact is we are a very significant market to a good few of the European. Players. A couple of weeks after a hard Brexit the commission are going to face some very angry large powerfull interests in Europe who are going to be asking for heads on a plate and asking why one of their largest customers who left but wanted a free trade deal ( or something like) , is now. So needlessly distanced. The project needs money and has tried to protect its self in the only way it knows. However when we have left it will need more of the others money to make up the gap. Weakening members trade figures needlessly whilst asking for more contributions ! Not a way to make friends.
Like I said before , if you don’t like it grow up grow a pair or leave because it is happening.
P.s could the drippers kindly vacate to one of the other threads on Brexit if they have nothing to contribute on trade please.
Many thanks CB.
Argument by assertion...how are our WTO schedules going?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, I note that all you can do is deny rather than address anything in a substantive manner; a good illustration of the mindset that has caused Brexit to fail.
Remaine5 have address nothing during the process of exiting the EU other than to disrupt all government work in this area. Brexit is failing, if it is, not because of Brexiteers at all but through the machinations of Remainers.

Project Fear rises again! This phrase says it all really - "In their speculative report, Greener UK said it is “highly unlikely” Britain will be capable of replicating the European database, which covers 21,000 chemicals and took ten years to compile."
Why would it take 10 years to replicate if we're already using it and have access to it, surely we already have the database.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Low regulation, get with the program @Joker62

That's why May is still the PM; not a single one of her ctitics can see a way out of the mess the Tories have got the UK into. Sure, they'll virtue signal all you like but they don't dare take power as that means they'd have to deliver, and none of them believe that they can.
Utter bollox.

As soon as May is forced to resign - which I suspect won't bee too long - people like Sajid Javid, BoJo and so on wil soon throw their hat into the ring.

Brexit is floundering because May is incompetent, not because there's anything insoluble in Brexit. Had we had a competent PM rather the current one, Brexit would be far, far further along.

Wordsmith

Thee are two aspects to Brexit; the immediate term and the long term.

From the short term perspective a hard Brexit is better than the terms May is agreeing. Those terms would allow the EU to tie our hands for the foreseeable future and might - for example - be used to stop us cutting taxes and regulations to stop us gaining competitive advantage over the EU. The ability for the EU to interfere in Westminster decisions after Brexit is totally unacceptable.

Long term - providing we have freedom of action - the UK should prosper. As stated before, we can become a low tax, light regulation economy, which should allow us to gradually grow at the expense of the EU - a process supplemented by our ability to sign trade deals with the rest of the world and grow our trade there.

So its not too late to save Brexit. The only thing we have to fear is nay-sayers crying we're doomed without our EU comfort blanket.

Wordsmith
Repeating this shite endlessly doesn't make it any more true.

Deregulate and cut ourselves off from the largest trading bloc on earth representing nearly half of our trade 30miles away

Idiot

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If May thought a referendum every week would save her premiership then that is what we would have. Interests of the country seem to be well down her list of priorities.
As it is for all remainers. A pig headed refusal to accept the results of the referendum, inevitably has forced delay upon delay, as they have to be dragged along like a lead weight. A minority of them are even running guerrilla campaigns, which at times do stray into the grey areas towards treason.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Repeating this shite endlessly doesn't make it any more true.

Deregulate and cut ourselves off from the largest trading bloc on earth representing nearly half of our trade 30miles away

Idiot
Not Brexiteers thst want to cut off trade, it is the EU and Remainers who seem to think cutting off trade will punish the UK. I contend that it will punish the EU at least as much but likely even more..

Thee are two aspects to Brexit; the immediate term and the long term.

From the short term perspective a hard Brexit is better than the terms May is agreeing. Those terms would allow the EU to tie our hands for the foreseeable future and might - for example - be used to stop us cutting taxes and regulations to stop us gaining competitive advantage over the EU. The ability for the EU to interfere in Westminster decisions after Brexit is totally unacceptable.

Long term - providing we have freedom of action - the UK should prosper. As stated before, we can become a low tax, light regulation economy, which should allow us to gradually grow at the expense of the EU - a process supplemented by our ability to sign trade deals with the rest of the world and grow our trade there.

So its not too late to save Brexit. The only thing we have to fear is nay-sayers crying we're doomed without our EU comfort blanket.

Wordsmith
Well I’ve just attended a briefing on a whole bunch of tax changes that are being looked at to drive business in support of growth. BREXIT only mentioned abou 367 times

This would seem to be the advice you're offering to HMG.

View attachment 342851

Perhaps you should stop whining and start finding solutions. I've been fortunate to work with three world class managers and one world class consultant over the years. They were world class because they had the attitude that no problem was insoluble and that with properly motivated staff, great things could be accomplished.

And strangely enough they were.

As I've said before, if I was your manager, I'd terminate your contract. People that wave white flags achieve the square root of fornicate all.

Wordsmith
Ah, delicious irony. You mean wave little white flags like Boris and DD did when they realised the realities of Brexit?

Now, like you, they are safely out of harms way, impotently rustling the pages of the Telegraph, happily leaving those of us who actually understand the realities to sort out this mess.

But please, carry on denying reality and failing to offer any workable solutions. Any number of Committees would be most pleased to hear of any solutions which have eluded them to date. ^^

No-one connected with Brexit can find a solution. No-one. Instead they're resigning and seeking to blame someone else for what they did in office.

Like I keep saying, blaming those who don't think Brexit can be delivered for the fact is hasn't been delivered is deeply stupid.

That's why May is still the PM; not a single one of her ctitics can see a way out of the mess the Tories Labour have got the UK into. Sure, they'll virtue signal all you like but they don't dare take power as that means they'd have to deliver, and none of them believe that they can.
modified in the interests of accuracy, No Lisbon no Problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470