Brexit Phase Two - Trade

remarkably, I believe that 100% of people would have been satisfied with a remain result, it's only the leave result that has revealed the inner child in remainers.
Sure champ, that's why Niggel gave his 48-52 statement.

most leavers just wanted the chance to vote in a referendum. The win was the icing on the cake.
Not a chance, it would have been unfinished business as Niggel said, you'd have your favourite papers banging on about it day in day out, as they have for decades.

Looks like it's going to be a summer of introducing the electorate to the cliff-edge. Meanwhile the curtain will fall on the panto for a long ten week drinks interval, allowing the civil servants on both sides of the Channel to get things sorted.

Anyway, do our dear readers think BoJo is right and that it is not too late to save Brexit?
If he believed that he'd be out there actually saving Brexit. Instead of which he's trying to fade into the background and pretend he has nothing to do with the oncoming cluster.

It's quite a theme these days, people demanding Brexit yet leaving it up to someone else to deliver.

Looks like it's going to be a summer of introducing the electorate to the cliff-edge. Meanwhile the curtain will fall on the panto for a long ten week drinks interval, allowing the civil servants on both sides of the Channel to get things sorted.
We are staying in then........

If he believed that he'd be out there actually saving Brexit. Instead of which he's trying to fade into the background and pretend he has nothing to do with the oncoming cluster.

It's quite a theme these days, people demanding Brexit yet leaving it up to someone else to deliver.
It's because the fantasy is undeliverable.

Trying to keep up with all the madness, as I understand the present position:-
Remain - Detached bunch of failed politicians who want a second referendum. Minority grouping.
Remain Lite - Want EFTA/Norway model. Pretty much Parliaments view.
Brexit Lite - The pragmatists who want a bespoke model which is EFTA with some opt outs and suchlike.
Brexit - WTO and then start negotiating a deal with the EU as we both fall from the cliff.

The aim is to obfuscate and talk up no deal to concentrate minds and then make another push for Remain lite. I still maintain Brexit is a lost cause. Obviously lost causes have consequences for democracy, what happens next is uncertain and isn't that what business leaders fear most.

At the risk of straying slightly out of my PERSEC here, I can tell you that it has fallen to DExEU (in collaboration with the Home Office) to publish a series of detailed and informative leaflets on the advantages of Brexit, the benefits available and how these benefits can be realised at a National, Local and personal level. These will be delivered to interested stakeholders shortly, over the summer.

Wait, no. No they haven’t. They haven’t done that at all and aren’t going to.

Because there aren’t any.

We are staying in then........

Given that the majority of MP's and the Lords are remainers and for the last 2 years they have done F all for a half decent Brexit. Now close to the end we are starting to get a lot of doom and gloom with "cliff edge" beein muttered and more and more reports of "serious problems" it does look like they are trying to run a campaign of "saving the UK at the last minute" by cancelling Brexit on the 28th March 2019.

You might say it is a remainers fantasy but lets be honest about this: there has been no real process to a Brexit in 2 years. Calling article 50 and the couple of bills they passed in not the same as actually building the infrastructure and doing the preparations for a Brexit. They certainly havn't started any meaningful negotiations with the EU

A Hard Brexit with no preparations would be fatal SO I think when we get to the edge HMG is hoping that more than 52% of the UK will panic and say scrap Brexit. They only need a swing of less than 2% for this strategy to work.

At the risk of straying slightly out of my PERSEC here, I can tell you that it has fallen to DExEU (in collaboration with the Home Office) to publish a series of detailed and informative leaflets on the advantages of Brexit, the benefits available and how these benefits can be realised at a National, Local and personal level. These will be delivered to interested stakeholders shortly, over the summer.

Wait, no. No they haven’t. They haven’t done that at all and aren’t going to.

Because there aren’t any.
You are Donald Trump and I claim my £5.

ever the optimist eh.
I’ll leave it to you to tell the locals of whichever town loses its Health Centre there’s a benefit to Brexit. ^^

With DExEU predicting a £158 billion reduction in public finances, I’m sure the cheerful news that 8 to 12% of our population can be treated and educated with “sovereignty” will be warm comfort to those affected.

Remember, this is not Project Fear, this is the Government Department specifically tasked to lead us out of the EU, led by Brexiteers. And this is the best they can offer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470