Brexit Phase Two - Trade

remember the negotiations are in relation to withdrawing, not the subsequent relationship.
?????? The negotiations have nothing to do with withdrawing and absolutely everything to do with the future relationship.
The entire talks are on the the future relationship with the EU and what will, or will not, continue.
If it was just about withdrawing then it would be done and dusted.
Statement by UK gov when it all started:
Senior British and EU officials opened talks on the UK’s future relationship with the European Union on Wednesday, marking a milestone in the Brexit process. More than a year after the government triggered article 50, British and EU negotiators met behind closed doors to discuss the UK’s future trade ties.

From the BBC

Negotiations about future relations between the UK and the EU are taking place now.

WTF are you on about?

not read the article but I assume all of our cows and goats are in the middle of a brexit inspired exodus?
Many moons ago I was fleet manager for a small dairy which undertook bulk raw milk collection from farms in the South of England.
Farmers were tipping half of their milk produce away because the punitive measures of exceeding EU quotas would bankrupt them.

At the same time, convoys of tankers from RoI were delivering cream on a daily basis, which was cheaper than the the dairy could source locally, because quotas forbade it's manufacture.

It was madness.

No doubt someone was on a proff somewhere down the line.

Kindly explain the dairy industry for me and the fact that I can buy whole milk at less than 45p a pint. Milk is after all not exactly a by product. Hopefully not too stressful.
What's the connection between the price of a pint of milk and the interview/report being discussed?

Read the report and decide for yourself, my opinion doesn't mean much compared to the Managing Director of one of the largest dairy companies in the world.

Or as PhotEx/Meertakz, who is the globally acknowledged expert on every subject under the sun...

which is great for dairy farmers.

top top

best not to try out- farming me.
But not great for the consumer....shopping, not farming. I'm genuinely pleased that UK farmers can profit, I hope the Govester keeps his newly found green credentials longer than the next ministerial post.

What's the connection between the price of a pint of milk and the interview/report being discussed?

Read the report and decide for yourself, my opinion doesn't mean much compared to the Managing Director of one of the largest dairy companies in the world.

Or as PhotEx/Meertakz, who is the globally acknowledged expert on every subject under the sun...
We contract haul for Arla, I meet monthly with management from two of their plants and I can tell you the mood music I hear from them is a mile away from that article. You would almost think he was being encouraged to spin that line from head office in Denmark !

remarkably, I believe that 100% of people would have been satisfied with a remain result, it's only the leave result that has revealed the inner child in remainers.
Sure champ, that's why Niggel gave his 48-52 statement.

most leavers just wanted the chance to vote in a referendum. The win was the icing on the cake.
Not a chance, it would have been unfinished business as Niggel said, you'd have your favourite papers banging on about it day in day out, as they have for decades.

Looks like it's going to be a summer of introducing the electorate to the cliff-edge. Meanwhile the curtain will fall on the panto for a long ten week drinks interval, allowing the civil servants on both sides of the Channel to get things sorted.

Anyway, do our dear readers think BoJo is right and that it is not too late to save Brexit?
If he believed that he'd be out there actually saving Brexit. Instead of which he's trying to fade into the background and pretend he has nothing to do with the oncoming cluster.

It's quite a theme these days, people demanding Brexit yet leaving it up to someone else to deliver.

Looks like it's going to be a summer of introducing the electorate to the cliff-edge. Meanwhile the curtain will fall on the panto for a long ten week drinks interval, allowing the civil servants on both sides of the Channel to get things sorted.
We are staying in then........

If he believed that he'd be out there actually saving Brexit. Instead of which he's trying to fade into the background and pretend he has nothing to do with the oncoming cluster.

It's quite a theme these days, people demanding Brexit yet leaving it up to someone else to deliver.
It's because the fantasy is undeliverable.