Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The so called single market seemed a good idea until it became protectionist and favoured certain countries over others thus devaluing it's original purpose as proposed to would be members at the time. The whole premise really goes farther back it seems, to centralisation akin to a Roman federation of states, adminstered by and answerable to the emperor in Rome. I think it was a con with a long term aim. One of the side effects of centralisation was to create dependency. Dependency of satelite states creates security for the administrative control centre. This worked for the Soviet Union for a few decades.

Last edited:
remember the negotiations are in relation to withdrawing, not the subsequent relationship.
?????? The negotiations have nothing to do with withdrawing and absolutely everything to do with the future relationship.
The entire talks are on the the future relationship with the EU and what will, or will not, continue.
If it was just about withdrawing then it would be done and dusted.
Statement by UK gov when it all started:
Senior British and EU officials opened talks on the UK’s future relationship with the European Union on Wednesday, marking a milestone in the Brexit process. More than a year after the government triggered article 50, British and EU negotiators met behind closed doors to discuss the UK’s future trade ties.

From the BBC

Negotiations about future relations between the UK and the EU are taking place now.

WTF are you on about?

not read the article but I assume all of our cows and goats are in the middle of a brexit inspired exodus?
Many moons ago I was fleet manager for a small dairy which undertook bulk raw milk collection from farms in the South of England.
Farmers were tipping half of their milk produce away because the punitive measures of exceeding EU quotas would bankrupt them.

At the same time, convoys of tankers from RoI were delivering cream on a daily basis, which was cheaper than the the dairy could source locally, because quotas forbade it's manufacture.

It was madness.

No doubt someone was on a proff somewhere down the line.

Kindly explain the dairy industry for me and the fact that I can buy whole milk at less than 45p a pint. Milk is after all not exactly a by product. Hopefully not too stressful.
What's the connection between the price of a pint of milk and the interview/report being discussed?

Read the report and decide for yourself, my opinion doesn't mean much compared to the Managing Director of one of the largest dairy companies in the world.

Or as PhotEx/Meertakz, who is the globally acknowledged expert on every subject under the sun...

which is great for dairy farmers.

top top

best not to try out- farming me.
But not great for the consumer....shopping, not farming. I'm genuinely pleased that UK farmers can profit, I hope the Govester keeps his newly found green credentials longer than the next ministerial post.

What's the connection between the price of a pint of milk and the interview/report being discussed?

Read the report and decide for yourself, my opinion doesn't mean much compared to the Managing Director of one of the largest dairy companies in the world.

Or as PhotEx/Meertakz, who is the globally acknowledged expert on every subject under the sun...
We contract haul for Arla, I meet monthly with management from two of their plants and I can tell you the mood music I hear from them is a mile away from that article. You would almost think he was being encouraged to spin that line from head office in Denmark !