Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I work for the a company involved in the technical side of the IT sector. Some very smart people have been researching AI. Their conclusion is that - at present - it doesn't work. But that it will work at some indeterminate time in the future - be it one year, five years or fifty years.

Yep. But its going to happen, so the UK had best prepare for it. Which means investing in the techniques and the technologies and ensuring we're at the front of the pack when theory becomes practical solution.

Wordsmith
Sorry but I beg to differ re AI not working (subject to what you mean by AI, where it is applied, and how its applied and what its doing).

I work for a certain multinational IT/Consultancy firm and am constantly propagandised about the wonders of AI and the future of VR. The truth is, its almost entirely a sales pitch for the gullible, where it is real, more often than not the customer doesn't really need it and the old processes worked just as well i.e. spend lots of money to replace A car, with another car which has looks amazing and has lots of amazing gimmicks but for the user, its often hard to drive and to an extent makes them dumber.

I agree post-brexit whatever that entails, we should be on the cutting edge. But, its hardly going to employ a lot of people and putting public money into it, is a very risky strategy. A mixed strategy is crucial and I hope a future government considers all sectors worthy of support.
Sorry but I beg to differ re AI not working (subject to what you mean by AI, where it is applied, and how its applied and what its doing).
There is an AI thread somewhere if you want to discuss this stuff out of this thread

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I had a finger in AI (as a looker not a doer) in 1985. It was neatly defined to me by somebody as 'What we haven't done yet'.

Your logic is all to pieces. If Thatcher broke their back show come they're still there? The unions aren't making the cabinet a fecking shambles, it's doing that all by itself. Pointing your finger at what you perceive is wrong with something isn't a justification for the absolute train wreck they've created.
broke the back, didnt kill, and they never went away.

The point I was making is that the Unions are a major presence in Public Services, and Public Services is a political pawn

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The basic principle is that employees should be paid during absence, "as if they were at work"
Should but then there's SSP which provides just over £90pw, not exactly what you normally earn per week. Plus why would you get sick pay for overtime shift, normal.time I can understand but not overtime.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The point I was making is that the Unions are a major presence in Public Services, and Public Services is a political pawn
Still not their fault our cabinet hasn't agreed anything for two years plus.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
That's going to really piss off the Hobbits.
Off you totter back from another afternoon of spoons cheapest warm ale.

Yet again you'll wake up to a wet and smelly mattress in the morning.

When did your sad decline into loneliness and alcohol dependency begin?

Off you totter back from another afternoon of spoons cheapest warm ale.

Yet again you'll wake up to a wet and smelly mattress in the morning.

When did your sad decline into loneliness and alcohol dependency begin?
Hello SPOTY, or should that be SCOTY? You're not much cop at following are you, never mind, keep on presuming, just like your brain damaged mate. Pair of no mark, no job loons.

And they have a pretty permanent presence on or within Labour's national executive. Took several hundred years to seperate church and state, now a separation of politics from the unions is merited

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470