Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Boy, are you getting wrapped up in conspiracy theories! Have you got your tinfoil hat on?
A conspiracy that has been proven. Not wrapped up in it, at least you now acknowledge it though.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've read it thanks. Much more interested in what all of those who say that the EU is shit at negotiating think the Japanese will allow us to to seamlessly copy over...
So, the EU giving the Japanese all they want, in the rush to get trade deals in before they have to allow the UK to sign deals, accepting a lower standard for themselves with a weak, it will be made up in future years bleat, in their statement is your sign of great negotiating? Desperation more like, but it does go to show that the EU can sign deals if it wants to.

The obvious bit is they don't want to sign with the UK as we are still in the punishment phase for leaving the EU.

So, the EU giving the Japanese all they want, in the rush to get trade deals in before they have to allow the UK to sign deals, accepting a lower standard for themselves with a weak, it will be made up in future years bleat, in their statement is your sign of great negotiating? Desperation more like, but it does go to show that the EU can sign deals if it wants to.

The obvious bit is they don't want to sign with the UK as we are still in the punishment phase for leaving the EU.

The EU Japanese trade deal was very one sided.

The French get to sell them smelly cheese, the Japanese can finally unleash the full might if it’s car industry on the EU market.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Stick your head in the sand and obfuscate?

You don't get it do you? I don't GAF in respect of the referendum, I've already said waaaaaaaaaaaaay back that the result should stand but the law breakers be prosecuted. It appears you don't care about democracy and are happy to see people break the law and lie as much as they want to as long as it's for Brexit. You see no problems with accepting the precedent?
You can make the statement "I've already said waaaaaaaaaaaaay back that the result should stand" as many times as you like but your post indicate the complete opposite and I doubt many people, even Remainers, believe you. I certainly don't.

You are an outright Remainer, lying, dissembling, undermining yet at all times claiming to respect the result. You wouldn't recognise respect if it bit you on your arse.

You're not addressing the issue Andy and you're wrong. Remain have been fined.

You don't get what setting precedents would do? Or you just don't want to acknowledge that the law was broken in a premeditated plot?
I’ve had a referendum where to government used the CS at taxpayers expense to push its agenda.

I’ll wait out until the police investigation has been conducted,

Japan said that they'd get their deal with the EU sorted first and talk about ours, one of the drivers for the speed of this one was the strong and stable genius with his trade war bollocks.

Don't let it stoop you from going off into fantasy land though.

But by winning the vote, she’s staved off the prospect of a vote of confidence. If she’d lost, it would have been a vote for an Autumn Election for sure.
The only vote of confidence that will result in a GE is "this house has no confidence in Her Majesty's government". If they lost that, that would result in the dissolution of the house. The last time that happened was when Maggie was in opposition and Callahan's minority government lost the vote of confidence.

If May loses a major vote in the house, she'll lose the leadership of the Tory party, but the Queen is constitutionally obliged to accept any government that can command a majority on the Commons. Which would be the Tory party under a new leader supported by the DUP. They'd probably also use the fixed term parliament act to explain they're obliged to try and serve out five years into the bargain...

The Tories will not go to the country (unless they lose the motion "this house has no confidence in Her Majesty's government") except at a time of their own choosing when they've given themselves the best chance of winning the GE.

Wordsmith

The EU Japanese trade deal was very one sided.

The French get to sell them smelly cheese, the Japanese can finally unleash the full might if it’s car industry on the EU market.
Sure champ, no knock on for the UK then....idiot.

You can make the statement "I've already said waaaaaaaaaaaaay back that the result should stand" as many times as you like but your post indicate the complete opposite and I doubt many people, even Remainers, believe you. I certainly don't.

You are an outright Remainer, lying, dissembling, undermining yet at all times claiming to respect the result. You wouldn't recognise respect if it bit you on your arse.
I'd offer a bet but you'd run away again. You just talk bollocks, which is amusing since you don't have any.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There is also a chance on the Budget. If that fails to get through parliament that brings down the government. I wonder how far back the budget will be pushed - we might get it for Christmas as there will be plenty of bribes presents in it, much to the chagrin of P Hammond.

There’s no political desire for another referendum. The only people pushing for it is Blair, Soros and Captain Jean Luc Picard
I didn't say there was, there is however a group calling for the second referendum, which it seems, wants the public to vote on the deal. In the event that it should happen, it's a parliamentary cop out.
It starts off with a call for a second referendum, by the likes of Cable IRC who doesn't specifiy what it would be for other than the assumption that it will undo the first
But now it's moved on to the deal itself. So there's clearly been some back room natter as to how a second referendum should be phrased on the basis that since Parliament has accepted the original deal and bound their hands, why not take it all the way. Then if it goes wrong the parliamentarians can wash their hands and say we were the experts all the time.
GMB was quite interesting this morning, best I've sen for a long time with Con and Labour saying that as remainers told they told their constituents everything. I very much doubt that.

There is also a chance on the Budget. If that fails to get through parliament that brings down the government. I wonder how far back the budget will be pushed - we might get it for Christmas as there will be plenty of bribes presents in it, much to the chagrin of P Hammond.
No longer a member of the conservative party and astonished the rug hasn't been pulled from under her. The tories must have some private polling, that makes it clear corbyn would be in no.10, so are trapped.

On that point and given the gravity of the situation (Corbyn), the dozen Tory MPs surely now should be expelled from the party ??

Well that would've happened if we remained in the EU, anyway.

If the German car manufactures couldn't prevent this bit of the trade deal, we in the UK would've had no chance.

They must be feeling threatened though; the Japanese fta, then Trump's trade war, now Brexit...
Apart from the Japanese cars manufactured in the UK like Toyota and Honda built for the european market?
I won't count Nissan because they are largely French anyway.

And let’s remember where all those Japanese cars that can now flood Europe undercutting the EUs domestic makers on price will be made.....

Japan’s huge car making aircraft carrier sitting 22 miles of the EU’s coast.

Sorry, no source, no credibility, or you shouldn't be posting that information on an open internet forum.
It comes straight from the top of the NHS mate - England and Scotland.

if you look hard enough and want to research it then the information is there in the public domain but you have to look hard and be able to piece it together. PERSEC prevents me from quoting sources - mine and theirs.

Here however is something to entertain you, which is an insight into the resistance to change

and here is one of the companies challenging the NHS

Online Doctor Consultations & Advice | Babylon Health

They are what's known in the trade as at series C on raising capital, which is typically between £50m - £250M +. I watched them pitch for cash last week.

I could tell you stories that would make you weep as a taxpayer. Enjoy the clip

]

She will have a lovely time with the Constituency Chairmen/women. I wonder if she will look as smug as she did immediately after the Chequers no phones or taxis meeting.

I was willing to believe her statement Brexit is Brexit but obviously the saying should have been more in line with her sending Olly Robbins to Brussels to get approval of her WP before she presented it to Cabinet, "Befehl ist Befehl" !

I just hope she goes soon or if it too late that she finds her backbone and starts taking us out of Europe. Anything picked up in the way of trade or other agreement will now just be a bonus.
Ah but you see the latest Parliamentary cop out is that Brexit isn't just one flavour and Labour are now just as split as the Tories. Two things come into conflict. The desire- to always bring down the Government but I don't think Corbyn wants that now because Labour wouldn't survive and secondly Europe. Now don't think that Europe will not break ranks over this whatever the commission want. Germany wants closer ties with us than the French.
Plus the EU breaches WTO rules of Customs matters-it's never had a dedicated Customs service-we gave ours away in 2005 in preparation for Lisbon. So it can't win that argument a withnd as the DUP speaker on 504, he had me rolling in the ailes with explanation of of the Belfast Agreement which blows a hole in Junckers proposal.

The final thing that struck me was the regulatory agreement for medicines in Europe, is actually no guarantee that such medicines actually reach the shelves for the English voters. Thanks to devolution the Nationalist G overnments can ensure-their voters get preference in medicines wheras for us it's affordability

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470