Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Any paricular reason you favour that one?
I merely ask the question. I have no preferences either way on stigmatisation. You?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No it doesn’t, and yes I’m sure. We had the best of both worlds, opt in where we wanted and out when we wanted.
Access to the p market and customs union. Where in anyone’s wildest dreams was Brexit going give us a better deal.
When did anyone think that was going to be possible?
Or do people not care.
What happens when you use those precious opt outs ? we have been gradually getting further and further away from the centre of power and since QMV, the distance was only going to get greater.

I respect your arguments on trade, but you need to consider more than simply trade and imagine what remain would mean in 10 - 30 years time, given the pace of change in the last 10-30 years.

Right back at'ya.

'Japan and the European Union are set to sign a free-trade deal on Tuesday to remove nearly all customs duties and boost market access for Japanese car makers and European food exporters.'

Factbox - Likely winners and losers from a Japan-EU trade deal

'Experts say UK on its own is unlikely to improve on the deal, which will remove virtually all tariffs and covers a third of the global economy'

EU and Japan sign historic free trade deal after rush to agree terms before Brexit

Right back at'ya.

'Japan and the European Union are set to sign a free-trade deal on Tuesday to remove nearly all customs duties and boost market access for Japanese car makers and European food exporters.'

Yes, great WIN! for the EU

Remove the 10% tariffs and quotas they've imposed on Japanese cars for decades to protect their domestic makers.

Lets have a think… Japanese cars are selling like gangbusters IN SPITE of the EU tariffs, I wonder what being able to cut prices across the board will do?

Whats French, Spanish, German and Italian for 'your P45's are in the post'?

Yes, great WIN! for the EU

Remove the 10% tariffs and quotas they've imposed on Japanese cars for decades to protect their domestic makers.

Lets have a think… Japanese cars are selling like gangbusters IN SPITE of the EU tariffs, I wonder what being able to cut prices across the board will do?

Whats French, Spanish, German and Italian for 'your P45's are in the post'?
I'm pleased you're so worried about the economic plight of our European neighbours.

Right back at'ya.

Factbox - Likely winners and losers from a Japan-EU trade deal

'Experts say UK on its own is unlikely to improve on the deal, which will remove virtually all tariffs and covers a third of the global economy'

EU and Japan sign historic free trade deal after rush to agree terms before Brexit
At least the EU 'may' have learnt not to repeat the harsh lessons experienced from its previous Canada deal encounter.

Tariff free: Level playing field advocated by all perhaps?

Calling VAG & PSA.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

What happens when you use those precious opt outs ? we have been gradually getting further and further away from the centre of power and since QMV, the distance was only going to get greater.

I respect your arguments on trade, but you need to consider more than simply trade and imagine what remain would mean in 10 - 30 years time, given the pace of change in the last 10-30 years.
You will have a dialog of the death trying to get anyone on the remain side to discuss where the EU will be in 10 - 20 years time. Extremely pertinent to the discussion, yet their reaction is to stick their fingers into their ears and go "la, la, la - can't hear you".

The reason for that is simple. A euro collapse is probable, as is a move towards further political and financial integration - with the corresponding erosion of the sovereignty of the EU's member states.

Wordsmith

Who Soubry, giving an unhappy looking JRM a kicking didn’t go on long enough.

You think he cares one whit for the state of the state education system, not one of his children will ever set foot in.

You imagine that Gove, Johnson and Farage care about the NHS which they’ve all called at one stage to be privatised in some way.
It’s all a means to an end and the ends probably not a great place for the vast majority of the people.
Actually I do believe he cares about those things unlike soubray who is all for themselves - I ve listened to many of his speeches on YouTube and you d be hard pressed to find any other parliamentarian with a better understanding of what's going on what's going right and wrong and what to do about it - many of his detractors just go off their reverse snobbery instincts rather than listen

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Last edited:
Don't worry fam, we won't let you freeze in the dark....we're nice like that.

What a load of fceking boll0x!

As if come midnight 29/3/19 the switches get pulled, the power stations cease generating and are mothballed.

How much more of this shyte will the Remainers come out with?

Life will go on as normal for us plebs; it's the politicians and bureaucrats that need to create such FUD to justify their existence.

Maybe we should get May to ask her new chum Trump to get in touch with his new chum Putin and ask Putin to withhold gas supplies to Germany if S Ireland withhold electricity from the 6 Counties! :)
You see we jest but....:(

Ireland set to remove oil reserves from Britain as Brexit deadline looms closer
Tankers will transport Irish oil back home or to other EU member states as Government braces itself for a 'no-deal' scenario
Ireland set to remove oil reserves from Britain as Brexit deadline looms closer - Independent.ie

An iron curtain is being draped across the English channel, daubed red white and blue.

The UK can look forward to becoming a subservient tool of US, Russian or Chinese foreign policy, unless the insanity stops

What a load of fceking boll0x!

As if come midnight 29/3/19 the switches get pulled, the power stations cease generating and are mothballed.

How much more of this shyte will the Remainers come out with?

Life will go on as normal for us plebs; it's the politicians and bureaucrats that need to create such FUD to justify their existence.

I heard that come Midnight March 29 2019, all gingers will be publicly flogged by men wearing union jack waistcoats and bowler hats

An iron curtain is being draped across the English channel, daubed red white and blue.

The UK can look forward to becoming a subservient tool of US, Russian or Chinese foreign policy, unless the insanity stops

Welll to be fair, the EU is already the Russians beotch....

It's not so much an iron curtain as an iron fist in a velvet glove courtesy of Mutti

As opposed to Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Dublin.... add another 23 MS capitals.

Yup, getting d!cked about by people that just want our money, our jobs and a place with a big moat to dump their excess population.

Actually I do believe he cares about those things unlike soubray who is all for themselves - I ve listened to many of his speeches on YouTube and you d be hard pressed to find any other parliamentarian with a better understanding of what's going on what's going right and wrong and what to do about it - many of his detractors just go off their reverse snobbery instincts rather than listen

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
And doubly ironic when they'd probably vote for millionaire establishment figures like Jeremy Corbyn

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470