Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Whom exactly do you mean by 'the party' taking over?
Sorry if your comprehension skills are showing their deficiency yet again. May I humbly suggest you go to night school and try and learn basic English?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Brexit means brexit

Ignorance is strength

We hold all of the cards

2 + 2 = 5

No deal is better than a bad deal

etc etc etc
Baglock is a fecking nutter! There you go, a valid and accurate statement.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
its sectioned she needs mate! seriously, when I saw her in parliament yesterday I thought she had rabies! - completely out of control, emotional, abusive, confused, angry, severe case of double PMS. For her own mental and physical health she needs to go to a quiet and dark place for a reality check. Apart from Sturgeon & May I cant think of another person who is so hated and for the same reasons - arrogant, intolerant, incompetent, unhinged, duplicitous, mad!
But apart from that, what don't you like about sour grapes Soubry?

Wordsmith :smile:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm surprised you agree with me as the underlying assumption I made is that no-one in the Tory party thinks Brexit can be a success. If they did they'd ditch May and claim the glory for themselves. Same for Labour too I think, they don't want to take over and be forced to deliver failure.

So if no-one in the HoC, hip deep in the detail, thinks Brexit can be a success, why are we still doing it?
As matters stand under May and the very effective work she is doing to wreck brexit, whether deliberate or through incompetence, then there is little chance of brexit being successful for the UK. For the EU yes indeed. As I said, remove her from the process and we have a chance.

Your blinkered "EU or nothing" statements are not really relevant as they do not respect the referendum, which you lost BTW. Do please get over it!

its sectioned she needs mate! seriously, when I saw her in parliament yesterday I thought she had rabies! - completely out of control, emotional, abusive, confused, angry, severe case of double PMS. For her own mental and physical health she needs to go to a quiet and dark place for a reality check. Apart from Sturgeon & May I cant think of another person who is so hated and for the same reasons - arrogant, intolerant, incompetent, unhinged, duplicitous, mad!

Like a slightly less deranged version of @Baglock

They don’t think it’s going to be a success, if they did they’d be busily getting themselves in a position to ditch May and become the heroes who gave us Brexit.
Funnily enough they’re kind of conspicuous by their absence. Boris returning to the Telegaph (I’ve cancelled my sub) at at least £250k.

Edit Any pointers for the Times crossword?
There's a simple reason for that! - historically, the Tory who makes the initial running NEVER gets selected and takes the blame for bringing down the current PM.
Naturally, at that moment in time the other candidates 'reluctantly' put themselves forward - to serve the nation, don't you know:)
Obviously it then falls on them to character assassinate the one who broke ground first as someone who clearly doesn't act in the party's best interests and defend the current PMs record whilst feverishly behind the scenes trying to gather support from sycophants who will want a cabinet post in return!
Trust me - the second BoJo or the like makes their move watch out for how many suddenly emerge from the shadows - people like Amber Rudd and Sajid already have their supporters on a retainer and a candidate plan of attack sat on their desks waiting. Unlike the chaos of Labour Leader elections with union involvement etc Tory leadership elections are swift and ruthless with the wider party members being presented the 2 survivors to choose from.

Just a final thought to bare in mind - in the current climate it could actually be a Remainer who tries to step forward to 'save Britain' . The Tory Parliamentary party is majority Remain (out of touch with reality) so we could well see some ******** like Nicky Morgan or Rudd having a go stop Bojo or JRM

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a simple reason for that! - historically, the Tory who makes the initial running NEVER gets selected and takes the blame for bringing down the current PM.
Naturally, at that moment in time the other candidates 'reluctantly' put themselves forward - to serve the nation, don't you know:)
Obviously it then falls on them to character assassinate the one who broke ground first as someone who clearly doesn't act in the party's best interests and defend the current PMs record whilst feverishly behind the scenes trying to gather support from sycophants who will want a cabinet post in return!
Trust me - the second BoJo or the like makes their move watch out for how many suddenly emerge from the shadows - people like Amber Rudd and Sajid already have their supporters on a retainer and a candidate plan of attack sat on their desks waiting. Unlike the chaos of Labour Leader elections with union involvement etc Tory leadership elections are swift and ruthless with the wider party members being presented the 2 survivors to choose from.

Just a final thought to bare in mind - in the current climate it could actually be a Remainer who tries to step forward to 'save Britain' . The Tory Parliamentary party is majority Remain (out of touch with reality) so we could well see some ******** like Nicky Morgan or Rudd having a go stop Bojo or JRM
May I remind you about Thatcher and Heath she plotted and wielded and got away with it.

It’s not the remain crowd that are out of touch with reality. It was the the remain crowd which had been telling everyone that Brexit is a stupid idea and won’t work. Two years of banging heads against a brick wall, even the brexiters have realised that it won’t work. Can’t work, and these are the people ideologically consumed in getting it working.

They’ve invested their political present and futures in it. They’ve seen the figures they’ve done the sums, they aren’t adding up.

If they can’t work it. I can’t see the remainers fixing it for them.

May I remind you about Thatcher and Heath she plotted and wielded and got away with it.

It’s not the remain crowd that are out of touch with reality. It was the the remain crowd which had been telling everyone that Brexit is a stupid idea and won’t work. Two years of banging heads against a brick wall, even the brexiters have realised that it won’t work. Can’t work, and these are the people ideologically consumed in getting it working.

They’ve invested their political present and futures in it. They’ve seen the figures they’ve done the sums, they aren’t adding up.

If they can’t work it. I can’t see the remainers fixing it for them.
We’re there Eastern Europeans versions of you in the late 80s and early 90s using the same arguments for staying in the USSR?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Relatively recently.

If you continued reading the article it goes into a bit more detail about reshoring

There are many reshoring reasons to believe in Brexit

This one is intersting

Brexit triggers a round of reshoring

Reshoring however pre dates Brexit.
Therefore somewhat redundant given the chaos of Brexit,past and present. I’m sure it’s future will be no different. More chaos.

What I don’t understand is how intelligent people can still think that this Brexit cuntup has a future and any chance of a positive future for us.

Look at it, trade. Two years, we still can’t work a border out. We have a fantasy Customs Union.

And the man who we’re pinning our hopes on for a assured and confident trading future, he’s just thrown his own country under a bus.

And in these times by breaking off from Europe when we’re probably needed most and could make a positive and worthwhile contribution to the safety and security of Europe. We’re paddling our own canoe in circles.
It doesn’t make any sense.

It died a while ago I think. It's just that no-one else in the Tory party is stupid enough to want to replace her right now until things are resolved, one way of the other. There is no way out of this that will keep people happy. None. So who wants to be the figurehead for that? There's a reason all those prominent Brexiters are resigning or saying they're not interested in being PM, after all.

No, I reckon she's there until we get a resolution. All we're seeing from others now is public displays of virtue to help position them for the post May era.

Now what did I tell you, I've got about half way through the bill and there's the references to CEMA 1979. But I've still got a disk copy of the Harmonised tariff somewhere. Not difficult, just 15k staff lite. Refer to C3 Baggage. etc.
Agents are already registered as such. COW will still apply. My bold, as if they cared about that for the last 40 years. If you want a real delusion it's that Parliament mattered a damn since 1972. But hey, at least we jumped when push came to shove. Non so deluded as those that believe in illusions-on both sides.

Therefore somewhat redundant given the chaos of Brexit,past and present. I’m sure it’s future will be no different. More chaos.

What I don’t understand is how intelligent people can still think that this Brexit cuntup has a future and any chance of a positive future for us.

Look at it, trade. Two years, we still can’t work a border out. We have a fantasy Customs Union.

And the man who we’re pinning our hopes on for a assured and confident trading future, he’s just thrown his own country under a bus.

And in these times by breaking off from Europe when we’re probably needed most and could make a positive and worthwhile contribution to the safety and security of Europe. We’re paddling our own canoe in circles.
It doesn’t make any sense.
Because brexit is democracy, and within the U.K. nurturing democracy has always left us in a good position.

Intelligent people also see the significant flaws within the EU that are only going to get worse. That why they want out.

Please don’t fall into the trap of thinking only stupid people voted for brexit. People voted brexit for a multitude of reasons.

It’s a bit like segueing that thevtrade union movement that was the precursor to the Labour Party has delivered only negatives as only working class people (the ones who were getting shafted by the system.)
Supported it.

Yes. Brexit will have negatives. I’m unlikely to be able to pay my cleaner below minimum wage, I’ll have to stop charging over the top rents on my property and my company may have to start paying it’s shopfloor a better wage. But there will be positives.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We’re there Eastern Europeans versions of you in the late 80s and early 90s using the same arguments for staying in the USSR?

How does that make any sense at all. The USSR started cracking because the Gorbachev reformations weren’t trickling down fast enough. Gorbachev relaxed Russian control and restrictions, allied with was the tanking of oil and gas revenues which almost bankrupted the economy.

It’s not at all similar to our situation. Not even close.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 257
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22