Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It died a while ago I think. It's just that no-one else in the Tory party is stupid enough to want to replace her right now until things are resolved, one way of the other. There is no way out of this that will keep people happy. None. So who wants to be the figurehead for that? There's a reason all those prominent Brexiters are resigning or saying they're not interested in being PM, after all.

No, I reckon she's there until we get a resolution. All we're seeing from others now is public displays of virtue to help position them for the post May era.

Have you noticed Fanborough 2018 is overflowing with great news for the ‘doomed’ UK aerospace industry?

you're getting boring now. Leavers campaigning doesn't mean that they had to plan it and execute it.
So who else would? Remember, the other camp thinks it's a stupid idea and is preactically unworkable. Christ on a bike man, do you ever think about what you type? if the people who think it can't be done can't do it who else can? Not the people who think it can't, that's for damn sure.

But I guess with the way things are going you need to get the excuses in first. I suppose it's easier to blame shadowy conspiracies and some formless other than to admit you voted for a daft idea and cheered on a pack of idiots as they screwed things up.

Difficult to know where May goes from here. She can either have a solution acceptable to the Brexit wing of the Tory party, or a solution acceptable to Brusels, but not to both.

May - elected by the Tories to deal with the single most important decision in a generation - has proven incapable of coming up with a workable solution.

I wonder how much longer she can put off her resignation?

Wordsmith
How about a solution acceptable to the electorate? It's radical I know but the swivel eyed loons might want to try it.

So who else would? Remember, the other camp thinks it's a stupid idea and is preactically unworkable. Christ on a bike man, do you ever think about what you type? if the people who think it can't be done can't do it who else can? Not the people who think it can't, that's for damn sure.

But I guess with the way things are going you need to get the excuses in first. I suppose it's easier to blame shadowy conspiracies and some formless other than to admit you voted for a daft idea and cheered on a pack of idiots as they screwed things up.
Are the people who think it can't be done really that dissimilar to those who think it can't be done?

Christ on a bike man, do you ever think about what you type?

calm down deary. You'll hurt yourself. No shadow conspiracy belief here. It's quite apparent that some folk want to spike brexit. As for who would execute it, the f*cking government would. As promised by David and co, and oddly because that is the sort of thing that they do. Everyday. Sort stuff out for the nation, on an international footing. Remember can't means won't, won't means no, no means jail.

I watched an hour or so the debate on parliament three things stood out to me: 1. It was very technical and 2. How can Anna Soubrey call herself a conservative, she seemed permanently throwing looks of disgust at her colleagues, that party as others have said looks a busted flush.

The final point is Parliament is in no way ready in its mind for exiting single market or customs union and its non-negotiable to the majority in the house. On that basis, I am still convinced the May fix will eventually end up the reality.

The blowback for the party will test the supposed honesty and character of the members and I will not hold my breath many if any will resign the party.

She won't resign didn't she say just yesterday that the prize is in reach?

A booby prize that nobody wants the daft arrogant ..........
She has a difficult task to achieve with multiple stakeholders wanting different things.

We’re out the EU. We won’t be sending politicians to Brussels. Because of those two issues, support for the EU will drop further and things that we don’t like can be changed at a later date.

Play the long game. We’ve been waiting for this for decades.

Is the Westminster summer holidays being extended or still fixed dates?

I'm aware it's a thorny issue as many (including myself) believe it should be reduced or deferred.
House of Commons recess dates

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It died a while ago I think. It's just that no-one else in the Tory party is stupid enough to want to replace her right now until things are resolved, one way of the other. There is no way out of this that will keep people happy. None. So who wants to be the figurehead for that? There's a reason all those prominent Brexiters are resigning or saying they're not interested in being PM, after all.

No, I reckon she's there until we get a resolution. All we're seeing from others now is public displays of virtue to help position them for the post May era.
I think you are spot on with that short analysis. Therefore, I think it is time for the Tory Party to step up to the plate and take over.

By this I mean Mrs May stays in No 10 as the titular head while the Party takes over the running of Brexit. They will have to decide which way they go: Brexit or Remain and stick with that. If it is Remain then I fear that will be the end of the Tory chances of occupying No10 for the duration of the career of most Tory MPs. It will probably be Brexit so the Party need to bring out their heavies and force Tory MPs to toe the Party line or be deselected.

Now there are lots of arguments against this but with the current impasse something drastic is needed to move things forward and not this marking time we have had for two years.

As repeatedly explained, the hand that wields the knife never inherits the crown. In addition, forcing May out could be messy. I suspect the bulk of the Tory party is hoping she'll bow to the inevitable and resign soon. Her authority is in tatters, she can't get a workable plan agreed by Brussels and through Westminster and she's just become an embarrassment.

When she does resign, there will be no shortage of applicants for the vacancy. At a minimum, they'll be PM for three years with DUP support. And if they win the 2022 GE they'll be PM for eight years.

Wordsmith

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Once Brexit is out of the way, Sourbery needs deselecting.
I saw her on the news last night, I was hoping she'd have a bloody heart attack the way she was carrying on, the daft horrible bitch.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you are spot on with that short analysis. Therefore, I think it is time for the Tory Party to step up to the plate and take over.

By this I mean Mrs May stays in No 10 as the titular head while the Party takes over the running of Brexit. They will have to decide which way they go: Brexit or Remain and stick with that. If it is Remain then I fear that will be the end of the Tory chances of occupying No10 for the duration of the career of most Tory MPs. It will probably be Brexit so the Party need to bring out their heavies and force Tory MPs to toe the Party line or be deselected.

Now there are lots of arguments against this but with the current impasse something drastic is needed to move things forward and not this marking time we have had for two years.
I agree but do you honestly think she would accept that?

Whom exactly do you mean by 'the party' taking over?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470