Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Not necessarily 2023 - but it appears that despite May's gargantuan efforts to f--k things up, there might just be a win-win solution out there.

All we need now is the grown-ups to come along and take charge - by no means a given.

Wordsmith

Which grown-ups do you have in mind to rescue the UK from its self-selected flooded cave system?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Haha - good one mate!, didnt know you were a comedian! the chances of anyone, least of all us, convincing Frau Merkhel to stop supporting Putin by buying all his gas and spending next to feck all on her defence forces are exacctly nil! likewise with nearl all of the rest who dont give 2 hoots about Putin as long as the UK continues to subsidise them and the USA to protect them
You missed the earlier jokes. I’m hurt.

You think we are subsidising Europe and the Europeans are are relying on the US to protect them.

You’re a bit out of time and highly optimistic. You do realise the last time article 5 was enacted it was to back up the Americans after 9/11.

But hurry, the empire needs men like you.

Edit. I miss it too.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
alledgedley now that TM has caved to the brexiteer amdts - the tory remainers and Labour are tonight going to vote those amdts down! - if this happens then I think that the only option is to cull May
Seems the vote got through but only by 3 votes!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not necessarily 2023 - but it appears that despite May's gargantuan efforts to f--k things up, there might just be a win-win solution out there.

All we need now is the grown-ups to come along and take charge - by no means a given.

Wordsmith
Those mythical grownups. The ERG?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Last week some ministers with brexit leanings resigned because they couldn't support the Chequers agreement. Today a remain minister resigned because he wanted to vote against the amended Bill.

Couldn't make this up, or could you!!

May feeling the pressure form these pesky MPs is considering sending them off on their (very) long summer holidays early, breaking up this Thursday rather than next week. Farcical. Brian Rix would be proud!!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Great soap opera isn't it. Tomorrow the EU will reject the proposed changes and say they're not acceptable.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "Brexit - Farce of the Decade".

Starring Theresa May and her terminally dense advisers.

Wordsmith :x
Nothing to do with the people who voted for it. Of course not,

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems the vote got through but only by 3 votes!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Which means that May having said that she wouldn't change the cabinet agreement that was made at Chequers supported the change made by Jacob on said agreement. This disagreement was voted through by 3 votes and May is still happy that her agreement has been changed. Are the MP's all agreed on that now?

Hmm I'm somewhat confused. Confused.....well I think it's almost as funny as what that lots atWestminster are doin.

Last edited:
Difficult to know where May goes from here. She can either have a solution acceptable to the Brexit wing of the Tory party, or a solution acceptable to Brusels, but not to both.

May - elected by the Tories to deal with the single most important decision in a generation - has proven incapable of coming up with a workable solution.

I wonder how much longer she can put off her resignation?

Wordsmith

Difficult to know where May goes from here. She can either have a solution acceptable to the Brexit wing of the Tory party, or a solution acceptable to Brusels, but not to both.

May - elected by the Tories to deal with the single most important decision in a generation - has proven incapable of coming up with a workable solution.

Wordsmith

Well, the fantasy was always undeliverable.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Wordsmith
She won't resign didn't she say just yesterday that the prize is in reach?

A booby prize that nobody wants the daft arrogant ..........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470