Brexit Phase Two - Trade

You still believe those lies, don't you?
I know that I will regret asking you a sensible question... But given you dumbed my post, I wanted to understand why you don't see a new UKIP on the horizon, if brexiteers worse case happens and May pulls off her little tidying exercise ???

Farage and Banks have both said on countless occasions that is what would happen. Potentially, there could be a host of new tory defections, to cement the new party, whether any MPs are involved been an unknown.

You still believe those lies, don't you?
OI! SPOTY Do you mind not talking to other people? You're supposed to be following me. Or so you keep saying.

I'm mocking the dullards whose uncritical acceptance of a clearly stupid and unworkable path to Brexit has got us into the mess we are in today.

I mean, when the political process involved the House of Lords I heard plenty of cries to interfere with the usual process when that involved proposing amendments, and even calls for it to be disbanded. When legal challenges were raised - the normal process, of course - we heard plenty of talk of "traitors" and "enemies of the people".

So I am quite puzzled as to when letting things play out is good, and when bad. Ha ha, just kidding, the one note headbangers you exemplify would destroy any organ of the UK state as long as their perceived goal is met.

Which it won't be, hence the frantic series of u-turns we see in comments on here.

Then you have to go back to the original cross party concept of the result the early 1970's No politician ever said we'll give you a referendum but, no matter what you vote , it'll be irrelevant. It's certainly not in the literature I have from the time. It was always unworkable in the sense that it was originally about from both sides, not control, but then we remember why De Gaulle wasn't so keen. He faced the prospect of losing continental clout. I discussed it at the the time with my parents, but they never believed the concept of integrated politics was possible and held the view this was about money. They were correct in that respect. Bear in mind my mother was German born and my dad English.

As far as the Lords are concerned, it's worth remembering that in the 70's the HoL was hered. Benn and his like couldn't get a seat in the C without renouncing his peerage, but they were not the rabble of time serving idiots we have today, who are only packed in there for national Political advantage and a lot of them are the architects of the nonsense we face today. Also a lot had been in the last war and Germany was not viewed in anywhere like the same way.
So the way things play out are the way they do. No matter what the outcome I shan't hold a different view.

Last edited:
I know that I will regret asking you a sensible question... But given you dumbed my post, I wanted to understand why you don't see a new UKIP on the horizon, if brexiteers worse case happens and May pulls off her little tidying exercise ???

Farage and Banks have both said on countless occasions that is what would happen. Potentially, there could be a host of new tory defections, to cement the new party, whether any MPs are involved been an unknown.
Russian links to Banks and UKIP aren't going away.

The answers possibly being:-
1) Stay in the EU (non Brexit)
2) Go with the EU backed, and possibly connived, White Paper (Brexit in name only, therefore non Brexit in reality)
3) Hard Brexit
So, 2 Remain type (due to wording, did you watch May squirm on telly when questioned about it?) and 1 Leave type.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
And yet I still say - if you haven't got a place at the table you are not in the EU. Therefore 2xout, 1xin.

Farage and Banks won't revive UKIP unless May waves the white flag to the EU. The first will not put money into and the second political capital into a party unless its starts polling around 15% again and exerts a significant influence on UK politics again. But I suspect if Banks puts money in and becomes chairman (as he's threatened to do), UKIP will be more professionally run than last time around.

Which the Tories would have good reason to fear.

I'd vote for the Kippers in the next local government elections if only to make it clear to the Tories that their vote is fragile - and could wither away if they wave the white flag. I suspect I won't be the only ex-Tory voter doing that.

Wordsmith

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Farage and Banks won't revive UKIP unless May waves the white flag to the EU. The first will not put money into and the second political capital into a party unless its starts polling around 15% again and exerts a significant influence on UK politics again. But I suspect if Banks puts money in and becomes chairman (as he's threatened to do), UKIP will be more professionally run than last time around.

Which the Tories would have good reason to fear.

I'd vote for the Kippers in the next local government elections if only to make it clear to the Tories that their vote is fragile - and could wither away if they wave the white flag. I suspect I won't be the only ex-Tory voter doing that.

Wordsmith
Plus the Russians are short of cash and concentrating on the US Info Ops campaign. UKIP will just have to do with a tine passed around.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Enjoy your victory, but don't forget the reality and myth of this event, will fuel the next iteration of UKIP.
If it take a thousand years, the UK will be free (pinched from Babylon 5).
Free from what? Declining to become the Austria Hungary of the 21stcentury. It took a war to get rid of Franz Joseph’s crowd.we voted for this one.

I seem to recall the Crossfire had a Mercedes engine. My point is that there is, these days, little difference under the skin.
Crossfire = SLK in a cheaper suit.

I heard tell from a well informed source today that Mercedes Commercial have dropped themselves in the doodoo in a big way. Not sure if its entirely or partly true.

Apparently one model of the Vito is fitted with a Renault engine, Mercedes submitted it for type approval claiming emissions figures substantially lower than Renault's fitted with the same engine. This raised some eyebrows in clipboard land and some investigation has been done and Mercedes have been caught fiddling the emissions data (allegedly)
Daimler threatened with recall of over 600,000 diesel models - Spiegel

In light of this the Sprinter emissions figures have been looked at again and similarly found to be a bit dishonest.

Rumour has it that Mercedes might be sitting on a very large stock of vans they aren't going to be allowed to sell.
All allegedly of course and just rumour. Rumour may or may not come from a fairly large fleet buyer. Maybe.

Last edited:
Nice that Wordsmith is hoping for Banks, the alleged tool of the Russian government to rekindle UKIP.

Still the end justifies the means for some

Crossfire = SLK in a cheaper suit.

I heard tell from a well informed source today that Mercedes Commercial have dropped themselves in the doodoo in a big way. Not sure if its entirely or partly true.

Apparently one model of the Vito is fitted with a Renault engine, Mercedes submitted it for type approval claiming emissions figures substantially lower than Renault's fitted with the same engine. This raised some eyebrows in clipboard land and some investigation has been done and Mercedes have been caught fiddling the emissions data (allegedly)
Daimler threatened with recall of over 600,000 diesel models - Spiegel

In light of this the Sprinter emissions figures have been looked at again and similarly found to be a bit dishonest.

Rumour has it that Mercedes might be sitting on a very large stock of vans they aren't going to be allowed to sell.
All allegedly of course and just rumour. Rumour may or may not come from a fairly large fleet buyer. Maybe.
Oh dear for Mercedes Commercial then perhaps.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Interesting

Check out @thetimes’s Tweet:
Not really. Had May not accepted the terms, she would have been faced with a major back bench rebellion - which would have effectively meant the end of her time as Tory leader. So she waved the white flag.

Equally predictably, she'll probably try to find a way to weasel out of those commitments, thus further fornicating off the Brexit wing of the party.

If she does support the amendments, it makes her paper unacceptable to the EU - which they'll trumpet as soon as Bercow announces the results of the Commons votes.

Like the dying days of Maggie, May is in office but not in power.

Wordsmith

Not really. Had May not accepted the terms, she would have been faced with a major back bench rebellion - which would have effectively meant the end of her time as Tory leader. So she waved the white flag.

Equally predictably, she'll probably try to find a way to weasel out of those commitments, thus further fornicating off the Brexit wing of the party.

If she does support the amendments, it makes her paper unacceptable to the EU - which they'll trumpet as soon as Bercow announces the results of the Commons votes.

Wordsmith
Some of the amendments will be accepted others will be fudged.

Little choice when your chances of it being passed by parliament is equal to her ratings. (Retoricaly speaking of course).

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Wordsmith
And yet she’s still there, seeing off the chicken hearted ERG who have neither courage nor convictions. Or they’d be shuffling her out the door.

Strangely enough the eurosceptics who brought done nothing but harm to the Conservative Party don’t seem to want to be the ones to lead us out of Europe. Which tells you all you need to know about them.

Button masher sobs because he gets a down vote shock.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470