Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Yep.

'David Davis has admitted he advised Theresa May to call the catastrophic general election, but has not apologised to her because he says the botched campaign was not his fault.'

David Davis refuses to apologise to Theresa May over catastrophic election advice
I didn't agree with the need for an election but I Have to agree with him wrt TM - never before in political history has a candidate squandered such a huge poll lead by being such a pathetic and useless politician with a suicidal manifesto - and still scraped a partial win! - just imagine the outcome if a half decent Tory leader was in charge and the majority had stayed the same or even increased slightly - a huge amount of the drama we ve had since with soubray etc wouldn't have been a problem and TM may have had some courage

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Read all abaht it! Boris in today's D Telegraph & Davis in the Sunday Times.

Whoosh ... yet again the point sails over your head. Brexiters failed to prepare for Brexit, then resigned. They got away with it as Brexiteers like you let them. This mess is what you voted for. You won, get over it.
REMAINERS failed to prepare! Gorgeous George and David specifically forbid govt depts to prepare for a leave win and quickly resigned and ran away - imho both should have been pulled up on charges of failure in a public office - and there's never been a clearer case for it in history !

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I didn't agree with the need for an election but I Have to agree with him wrt TM - never before in political history has a candidate squandered such a huge poll lead by being such a pathetic and useless politician with a suicidal manifesto - and still scraped a partial win! - just imagine the outcome if a half decent Tory leader was in charge and the majority had stayed the same or even increased slightly - a huge amount of the drama we ve had since with soubray etc wouldn't have been a problem and TM may have had some courage

As soon as she called the election she disappeared leaving the Tories more or less leaderless. A tactic she has carried on with on Brexit.

I'm mocking the dullards whose uncritical acceptance of a clearly stupid and unworkable path to Brexit has got us into the mess we are in today.
While accepting of your choosing to mock dullards, your paragraph as a whole, appears to not make much sense.
People's acceptance or otherwise of the path to Brexit, whether it's unworkable or otherwise, has not got us into any mess.

Rather, it is the politicians who conceived and are carrying out 'the path', who are responsible.

The electorate merely voted as to whether they wished to remain in the EU or whether they wished to leave. They were not consulted on any planning for or timing of Brexit before or after the referendum.

The electorate are not responsible for the actions or decisions of politicians. Politicians are not elected to support the majority view of their constituents but to be a representative of a constituency, making their own decisions on behalf of their constituents. Only thus can they be an advocate for the whole of their constituency, rather than just for those who voted for them.

I suppose I'll have to howl then as I have no idea who this single voter is.
He's been a strong Brexit advocate for ages, you've read some of his arguments, rehashed third hand.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The only thing wrong with the above statements is they were made at a time when they thought their only opponents were the EU. Once the Remain faction kicked in with their programme of disruption and delay, led so effectively by PMTM, then the story changed. The guys above can't really be blamed for not realising the duplicitouness if their own countrymen/ women
You still believe those lies, don't you?

UKIP are dead and aren't going to rise again and get into government
Agreed, but the fear within the Conservative Party is that they could (have previously, and may once again be in a position to) make a difference in marginal seats, handing victory to Labour by taking votes away from the Tories.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You still believe those lies, don't you?
At the time they were made they were valid. Life has moved on since then, something that Remainers seem incapable of doing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470