Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I want to be wrong, and like it when my cynical side is completely wrong. Go JRM.

Still, everything is in the detail and its perfectly possible whatever amendments are added will be included in an appendices called brexit loons. Go to the EU, they agree to everything but the appendices and she drives through a deal with opposition votes.

Her own career as PM is finished, as said by wordsmith, but she will have an eye on a legacy and dealing with this (her view) would make her the martyr as well as saint.
Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

:eek:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Can you imagine the feeling in the Tory party if 100 Tory MP's rebel and don't support May and she then gets her legislation through with Labour votes? She's sure to face a leadership challenge if she tries it.

Wordsmith
And rather than compete with that level of political insight, everyone else folded their tents and went home.

How is your schadenfreude now that May has given in to the ERG, In Total!?
If anything it's increased. Uncritical acceptance of an obviously barking policy - which you have demonstrated on many occasions - has got us where we are now. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail - heard that one before?

In conclusion then, you won. Get over it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If anything it's increased. Uncritical acceptance of an obviously barking policy - which you have demonstrated on many occasions - has got us where we are now. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail - heard that one before?

In conclusion then, you won. Get over it.
Ooh, someone's bitter!

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail is the path taken by the Remain faction*, or had you forgotten that?

Your side lost, get over it!

*PMTM is in the Remain faction obviously.

So your’e advocating not letting the political process take it’s course or letting the Government do what it’s elected to do.
I'm mocking the dullards whose uncritical acceptance of a clearly stupid and unworkable path to Brexit has got us into the mess we are in today.

I mean, when the political process involved the House of Lords I heard plenty of cries to interfere with the usual process when that involved proposing amendments, and even calls for it to be disbanded. When legal challenges were raised - the normal process, of course - we heard plenty of talk of "traitors" and "enemies of the people".

So I am quite puzzled as to when letting things play out is good, and when bad. Ha ha, just kidding, the one note headbangers you exemplify would destroy any organ of the UK state as long as their perceived goal is met. Which it won't be, hence the frantic series of u-turns we see in comments on here.

Ooh, someone's bitter!

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail is the path taken by the Remain faction*, or had you forgotten that?

Whoosh ... yet again the point sails over your head. Brexiters failed to prepare for Brexit, then resigned. They got away with it as Brexiteers like you let them. This mess is what you voted for. You won, get over it.

Ooh, someone's bitter!

Are you horsing tins of spam?

I am. With the mass exodus of finance jobs threatened i’m Going to keep the city afloat by asking them to deal with my extensive supply of tinned meat.

Should we start stockpiling meat paste as well?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm mocking the dullards whose uncritical acceptance of a clearly stupid and unworkable path to Brexit has got us into the mess we are in today.

I mean, when the political process involved the House of Lords I heard plenty of cries to interfere with the usual process when that involved proposing amendments, and even calls for it to be disbanded. When legal challenges were raised - the normal process, of course - we heard plenty of talk of "traitors" and "enemies of the people".

So I am quite puzzled as to when letting things play out is good, and when bad. Ha ha, just kidding, the one note headbangers you exemplify would destroy any organ of the UK state as long as their perceived goal is met. Which it won't be, hence the frantic series of u-turns we see in comments on here.
Yep, bitter as sour lemons. :rolleyes:

Being reported on Daily Politics that she has accepted all amendments put forward by the ERG led by JRM. The agreement no longer looks like it did on Friday.
May's primary concern seems to be staying in number 10. If the ERG asked her to pass an amendment saying the moon was made of blue cheese, she'd probably do it. In this case, if she didn't agree to the ERG amendments, she'd be facing a Tory rebellion that would have put her out of power. Now she's got a few more weeks in No. 10 until the EU inevitably rejects the ERG's amendments.

Kafka would have been proud of this story line....

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
As has been commented before, her nickname is 'the submarine' as she submerges at the first sign of trouble. A characteristic that has allowed her to be seen as a safe pair of hands because she's generally dodged being associated with problems.

That's a characteristic that's partially responsible for her present mess. Instead of realising that she's faced with problems that can't be dodged, she's tried to slip and slide around them, telling different people different things simultaneously. She's also totally failed to read the mood of her own party - the autism kicking in perhaps.

I seriously doubt she's got a brain the size of a planet though - if she had the ability for analytical thought, she wouldn't be in her present mess. Her problems are related to the inability to fully analyse the problem.

Wordsmith
We'll see. But I'm sure you've got the the alternative scenario typed up and ready to go telling us all how that was your preferred position all along.

She doesn't need a brain the size of a planet, her analytical skiils are largely unnecessary. She knows full well what her party's like.
Look who's there look who's gone.

Whoosh ... yet again the point sails over your head. Brexiters failed to prepare for Brexit, then resigned. They got away with it as Brexiteers like you let them. This mess is what you voted for. You won, get over it.
Incorrect. The government headed by the the head of the remain camp, the Right Honourable David Cameron failed to prepare.

I love the way that people like you are getting spun up over issues that will get sorted out over time.

We’re you one of the senior people who horded loads of lentils in the run up to the millennium bug saga?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
As they were working to a Remainer, who it has now been shown, was undermining the work done by the brexit ministers, how can you possibly say they failed to plan. Any plans were doomed from the start by a duplicitous PM.

Now you really should be careful as your bitterness at losing is showing strongly and your health may be at risk. Calm down man. For Mr Cleverly, replace with OOOtS.

A specific French variety?

'According to its label, Spam's basic ingredients are pork, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, sugar, and sodium nitrite as a preservative.'

So, no cheval.

Spam (food) - Wikipedia
I’m getting ahead of the game and stock piling cat food and toilet paper.

@One_of_the_strange PMd me the other day to explain that the EU is in charge of the regulatory control on toilet paper sheets. The givernemnt is currently planning a ring of steel around the Andrex factory to repel any EU attempts to steal the machine settings

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Are you horsing tins of spam?

I am. With the mass exodus of finance jobs threatened i’m Going to keep the city afloat by asking them to deal with my extensive supply of tinned meat.

Should we start stockpiling meat paste as well?
What on earth are you in about?

Some of you may know who he is, other are just going to howl...

Sure, that is an option but one I think is getting increasingly unlikely.

We know Olly Robbins has sounded out most of the EU27 and (allegedly) they would raise no objections if A50 was withdrawn and we know TM would withdraw notification first, then present the Party with a fait accompli after, or very close to the event.

After all, she’s well known for this tactic so wouldn’t be entirely surprising.
Now that is just mischief-making.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470