Brexit Phase Two - Trade

A bully? Wow. Your libelling of strangers knows no bounds. Tis best to stick to plain insults, imho -- they're free of financial consequences.

I don't know who writes your material but s/he is tad lazy in their stereotyping.

Basically, you haven't got an original thought in your head; you follow links and other online smatter (not a spelling or grammar error) and allow whatever you peruse to formulate your next post. You are incapable of defending your (hahaha) position unless someone else has done the intellectual spadework on a defence for you; nor can you extrapolate instead you rely on snidity and ephemerality as a shield for the bluntness of both your wit and argument.

You're a spineless and ignorant samizdatist -- a Twonk.
Verbose and inaccurate. Must do better.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ll hazard a guess that May is in better shape than a lot of posters think. She’s gotten rid of Boris and Dave. Gove seems to have backed off to the shires. Fox seems to be sitting quietly.

If IDS does a leadership run, I’ll be back when I finish laughing. This recent Brexit idea seems to have hacked of the true believers and no one else, if she can swing it past the Eu we’ll get out of this in one piece.
They may well be amenable to it.
Which seems like a reasonable idea. Quiet life and carry on.

I’ll hazard a guess that May is in better shape than a lot of posters think. She’s gotten rid of Boris and Dave. Gove seems to have backed off to the shires. Fox seems to be sitting quietly.

If IDS does a leadership run, I’ll be back when I finish laughing. This recent Brexit idea seems to have hacked of the true believers and no one else, if she can swing it past the Eu we’ll get out of this in one piece.
They may well be amenable to it.
Which seems like a reasonable idea. Quiet life and carry on.
I also read it as a patient try to hive off the swivel-eyed fundamentalists. This next week will be interesting in Parliament.

I'd expect the next step will be further HMG concessions so that Brexit is completely pointless.
Which would have even less chance of getting through Parliament; the EU can count too. The problem is that May has offered them a plan which she cannot deliver, therefore why would they expend precious political capital to agree to it when she can't get it through Parliament?

Which would have even less chance of getting through Parliament; the EU can count too. The problem is that May has offered them a plan which she cannot deliver, therefore why would they expend precious political capital to agree to it when she can't get it through Parliament?
They won't agree to it, which is what I was hinting at.

Well at least those wise warriors on Arrse are in agreement Brexit is a cluckking cluster. I’m going to take the moral high ground and shout “I told you it would be” not that it matters anymore. The maybot thinks if she hands the country over to the EU on a plate it’s fine as long as freedom of movement is controlled. I hope you lot who voted to leave are kept for hours at the “non-EU passport holders” que to get your black/blue passport stamped.

I think that you misunderstand me; the point that I am making is that the EU appear to have given up on May altogether but what they do not want to do is pull the trigger for the Tory Brexiteers.
I don't think they have given up on her. I think the major leaders in Europe are letting PMTM engineer a fudge, possibly even a reversal.

I agree they'll let the Tory Brexiteers go hang.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
My understanding of the May plan (and please correct me if wrong):

1. We formally leave the EU.
2. We leave the CAP.
3. We leave the CFP.
4. Our contributions to the EU will be less.
5. Will there not be less scope and likliehood of cases being referred to the ECJ?
6. EU immigration is likely to be less for various reasons.
As requested, I'll correct you if you're wrong.

The EU will still have power of veto over a number of decision areas at Westminster with the ECJ as ultimate arbiter - hence May's solution is 'leaving in name only'. And moreover, she seems determined to lock us into a legally binding agreement so the UK is technically stuck with that in perpetuity.

The UK should become a sovereign state again after leaving the EU - and as such the EU should not have power of veto over Westminster decisions.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer