Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Are you supportive of the dog's Brexit currently on offer in the White Paper?
"Dog's Brexit". V clever, I like it.

No, I don't like it as it seems to be the sort of document Brussels would write. This is not good for Britain.

May does not have the ability, courage or even humility to toughen up her stance. Every fibre of her being screams compromise. I feel that if she was given a good deal with the EU she would promptly hand half of it back, just to look like being "fair"!

Wrong person for the job, but too late now, we are stuck with her but I would not be surprised if she is keeping her bags packed.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Lumbar pain we're told still someone said he was 63..............8O
Sciatica apparently which if he has then, as a former sufferer, I sympathise but I think the medicine he is taking is prescribed more by his house servants rather than his doctor!

"Dog's Brexit". V clever, I like it.

No, I don't like it as it seems to be the sort of document Brussels would write. This is not good for Britain.

May does not have the ability, courage or even humility to toughen up her stance. Every fibre of her being screams compromise. I feel that if she was given a good deal with the EU she would promptly hand half of it back, just to look like being "fair"!

Wrong person for the job, but too late now, we are stuck with her but I would not be surprised if she is keeping her bags packed.

Can I take it then that you didn't know what you were voting for given that this is what you are being offered?

You’re trying to convince a lot of people who have already lost their jobs because we’re in the EU.

We all know this will be a carry on as normal process.

I’m having flash backs to the millennium bug saga.

I still feel sorry for the cheese shop owner Jeremy Vine interviewed after the refrendum. The poor mite seems to think brexit will mean the end to French cheese imports.
this is the 'millennial bug' issues. Because Brexit
now affects them, they assume it must be negative and that they must be listened to. Those who were f*cked over by membership of the EU were just unfortunate... Bug this Brexit is affecting me, me, me! And it will be bad, won't it? As for French cheese. Who cares. It's sh*t. Somerset brie on the other hand.

Briefing, counter briefing, leaking and counter leaking....is it the EU doing this?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Can I take it then that you didn't know what you were voting for given that this is what you are being offered?
Now that is a ridiculous statement to make. I voted leave, we are leaving. In that extent my vote is being upheld.

This white paper is all politics and faffing around. Whether we leave amicably or with difficulty is not really the issue. I know you will come back with some BRINO comment but really is to bolster your own moral in the hope we won't leave. I am afraid you will be very disappointed.

I said right at the very beginning of all this that whatever deal is arrived at it will not be what any side wants. Also any agreement signed now will not last long as the two entities will move further and further apart. I don't think we will move closer to the EU post brexit day as we were never really close to the EU anyway. The EU was always spoken as another country, not part of us. Sure there were some, very influential, career politicians who kept telling us we were close to Europe etc etc. The reason they had to keep telling us is we did not believe that or feel like it.

We are an island nation with an island mentality. We will leave the EU and we will have a relationship with them. FFS we were at Germany's throat, literally, just 70 odd years ago and yet now they are huge allies and have been for decades. Doesn't mean we trust them :cool:.

So in short. These repeated queries about leaving the EU are, IMHO, more to do with your own fears and worries.

Roll on 29/03/19.

We import skilled workers because it's cheaper for business than having to go to the time and expense of training British ones.
We import unskilled workers as well, if you think Brexit is going to change that you'll be disappointed.

Maybe they could target the vast numbers of wannabe nurses who always vastly outnumber the limited places available for training?
Aye well, there are other factors involved.

The high cost of living in the Thames Valley and the capital, especially housing, as well as disillusion with NHS pay having been held down for the past seven years and bursaries for student nurses being scrapped, are thought to be key factors in the worrying trend.

Parts of NHS England only able to fill one in 400 nursing vacancies

Aye well, there are other factors involved.

The high cost of living in the Thames Valley and the capital, especially housing, as well as disillusion with NHS pay having been held down for the past seven years and bursaries for student nurses being scrapped, are thought to be key factors in the worrying trend.

Parts of NHS England only able to fill one in 400 nursing vacancies
Not to mention is completely unrelated to fact we have few unemployed so must import workers.

Not to mention is completely unrelated to fact we have few unemployed so must import workers.
Yes, definitely, it means we don't have to invest in tech and can continue to be piss poor at productivity output. Just get some cheap EU workers in to push up house prices/rental costs.

Good for me; I plan to sell up and emigrate (to deepest darkest West Wales, once I learn the language).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
verticalgyro Finance, Property, Law 19
S11Blade Brexit 41
Skylog The Intelligence Cell 8