Brexit Phase Two - Trade

There will almost certainly be a move to exclude the UK from EU funded projects. I suspect that will be short-lived as both sides realise they lose out from that.

As with everything else from Brexit, there are both problems and opportunities for the UK. For example it should be easier for the UK to carry out research into artificial intelligence free of EU constraints. The question to be settled is whether we grasp the opportunities or not.

Wordsmith
Personally, I have reservations about AI free of regulation.

In another time and place Farage, BoJo, Banks, Gove, DD, Redwood, JRM and IDS would be broken on the wheel publicly for this folly they've led the country into.

We live in more enlightened times

Brexit is economic and political novichok ...There is absolutely nothing good about it whatsoever. If or when we pull the plug I'll be watching the effect in full and will be here to ridicule those who asked for it.

Brexit is economic and political novichok ...There is absolutely nothing good about it whatsoever. If or when we pull the plug I'll be watching the effect in full and will be here to ridicule those who asked for it.

O, ye of little faith!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Dundonald and Newtownards . 6 and 12 miles from Belfast . Not splitting hairs or dancing on a pin. There is a difference.
Edit. Could be DLA taxis. Usually any mileage over a certain amount on a DLA vehicle it gets billed for.
Especiallyif they get used for taxis, its less trouble to burn them.

Well, no. The White Paper proposes regulatory cooperation with the EU and sharing the challenge of AI and entering into alliances such as the one below.

View attachment 342057
I fail to see the point your'e trying to make, it will be reciprocal and it will happen whether the EU agrees or not-through the back door. Financing interests will see to that. Indeed in some cases it could be akin to smuggling. I've said before that some of these issues are illusory and regulatory means the EU must comply as well. No one on the Brexit side has said that there will not be a relationship with Europe, but you seem fixated on the ECJ control issue. The reality has always been that courts are largely controlled by resources and through put.

I will give Euronews a pat on the back for allowing the dissent over the Migration issue to take precedence. They might as well admit that Lisbon is dead in the water and Schengen could well follow it. Border controls may well be re instated according to Euronews with the Austro Italian summit. What does that mean for ECJ supremacy.
Not a great deal. Now here's a paradox for you if border checks return because of migration-how does that tie in with frictionless trade across the EU- we might actually be the easiest borders to cross. That'll have your case flummoxed. I'd say we could be winners here.

Now as to the issue of visa's, did I not say that we could have a situation where no visas are needed, they are nothing to do with residence, merely the condition of entry. It is after all the Nations decision, but of course Brussels should have taken all this over by now- but it hasn't- has it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
verticalgyro Finance, Property, Law 37
S11Blade Brexit 41
Skylog The Intelligence Cell 8