Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Now don’t be like that.
I’m doing my best to work up a positive spin on Brexit. None of the brexiters seem to be able to offer anything positive. So I went looking.

Interestingly enough the right wing bible belters seem really keen to have us out of Europe, that very thing you find so hard to accept (as do I) a fully unified Europe leading to the Antichrist.

They seem really happy about the way things are going.
What, all of them?

How many do you know of?

People buy based on price and convenience. In addition there isn't a lot of brand loyalty in car sales. People will buy Brand X for one car and Brandy Y for the next. Add into the mix a certain steadily growing resent for the EU and an interruption of imports due to different procedures coming into play at the point of import, and I suspect a significant drop in sales of imported cars will result.

Obviously no-one will stop buying Germany cars, but suspect there will be a very significant drop in sales of cars imported from the EU, aided and abetted by newspapers like the Sun and express running 'buy British' campaigns to induce people to buy cars manufactured in the UK (even if they have a Japanese badge on them).

Wordsmith
I started buying Audis in 2003, and never considered buying anything else for 11 years. People like brands - especially for higher end cars. Mostly I was too lazy to memorize new controls.

Sun campaigns are unlikely to impact that demographic much; nor are ‘remain’ voters likely to blame the EU and stop buying German cars because of resentment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started buying Audis in 2003, and never considered buying anything else for 11 years. People like brands - especially for higher end cars. Mostly I was too lazy to memorize new controls.

Sun campaigns are unlikely to impact that demographic much; nor are ‘remain’ voters likely to blame the EU and stop buying German cars because of resentment.

Audi eh?

Er that's a charged question. We might have done had not three subsequent Labour Governments decided not to because of the insistence that Free movement meant we didn't need to know. That is a totally different ball game. You see the underlying strands of the Aliens acts meant that it was the function of the Police to keep tabs through registration of any Aliens living in their areas. The Police come under Local councils for control purposes, so have you asked your local councillor under FOI how many there are?

the second strand is the matching of Landing cards and embarkation cards and the applications made by the individuals for extensions to their visas or ILR. Now of course Labour conveniently started the process of destroying documents and Blaming Tories for their cupidity whilst VAZ roared on about departments not being FFP whilst knowing his Government wouldn't change things- there's all those votes you see. And we were'nt supposed to leave.

And then there's the HR issues who keep telling LE how nasty they are coz we're all Uropean now and how we can't do things like deport people, let alone that Schengen was supposed to put warning indicators on undesireables that didn't.
The short answer to your question is Probably.
The truthful answer is NO Not really.
How does any of your "reasoning" counter what I said? The UK has always had the ability to control immigration (yes even from the EU) but has failed to do so!

It's almost as if you're saying that people will mooch along, regardless of the hype and hysteria.

Now don’t be like that.
I’m doing my best to work up a positive spin on Brexit. None of the brexiters seem to be able to offer anything positive. So I went looking.

Interestingly enough the right wing bible belters seem really keen to have us out of Europe, that very thing you find so hard to accept (as do I) a fully unified Europe leading to the Antichrist.

They seem really happy about the way things are going.
Jesus....the Fecking state of this post.....The stupid is strong in this one.

Only the ones who’s works I’ve read. Is it important?
I could do stats and a bar graph for you, but that sounds like too much effort. Tell you what, find a right wing evangelical type with an opposing view.
I’ll be impresssed.
Honest.
If you'd said that in the first place you'd sound less hyperbolic.

An easy mistake.

It's almost as if you're saying that people will mooch along, regardless of the hype and hysteria.
More or less
The hype about the German car industry being ‘decimated’ is overblown.

Same for the UK car industry doom predictions - at least until new investment decisions are being made

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

I change mine regularly. It used to be a necessity, now it’s just habit. My second Ford in thirty odd years (first one bought to replace a dying Honda) goes away at the end of the week.

I can (finally) work the radio Dab and FM, & the electric windows. Still can’t change the time on the clock in the dashboard or work the a/c.

The dealer person will hook the phone up, preset the radio and there it will stay until it goes too.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Put it another way, if you need 5 years to do something, giving yourself 2 means it won't get done. That's why the UK has no leverage. Sure, the EU are taking advantage of it, but it is the UK that has given them that leverage.

Still, crack on failing to understand how the world works, the EU is very grateful for the position you have put them in.
You do realise that if no deal is reached then there's no more UK money for the EU.

Bring it on: hard Brexit, I can't wait.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464